Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum

Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/index.php)
-   Former players & coaches (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Ex-player topic: Xisco (attacker, now at Osasuna) (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6406)

RamonAllones 03-09-2008 23:05

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=848126

According to this article, Colo helped to convince Xisco that Newcastle was a good place to move to. Though he probably would have gone anyway, i'm sure.

ggeorg 04-09-2008 10:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by RamonAllones
http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=848126

According to this article, Colo helped to convince Xisco that Newcastle was a good place to move to. Though he probably would have gone anyway, i'm sure.

Colo motivated Xisco to get transfered in Newcastle and then he motivated Colotto to get transfered in Deportivo :D
I think Colo is preparing himself to be a future transfer-manager for deportivo :D

Lebn8r 04-09-2008 12:08

Nicely put George. It's nice to see a former player helping out his former club with securing quality replacements and assisting the club in it's best interest.

dj-origenal 04-09-2008 14:09

He possibly gave some Lombila tactics to Xisco agent as well..:rolleyes:

DepHun 04-09-2008 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortenlj
Well according to my math Xisco's 23 years old. Not much of a difference.
Besides that's totally besides my point. Every player has his price, and as long as we're able to bring up new talents to replace those we sell, great.

The difference is that Xisco was a regular starter in primera, and scored 9 goals per season for the age of 23. In the same age Lassad fights quite hard to achieve starter pos in the Segunda B. I feel some difference.

Djalminha 04-09-2008 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by DepHun
The difference is that Xisco was a regular starter in primera, and scored 9 goals per season for the age of 23. In the same age Lassad fights quite hard to achieve starter pos in the Segunda B. I feel some difference.

Stop this nonsense focus on age... you spent the entire last year complaining about how bad Xisco was and now Lassad have taking that position???

DepHun 04-09-2008 18:23

well, I used to confirm if I am not right, that was the case with Xisco, evolution of Depor, etc. and it will be the same for Lassad, if he will shine for us.
But I would like to see 18-22 years old promising stars with some primera routine, not 24 years old rookies in the squad. I think that is not a non-sense.

Philip 04-09-2008 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djalminha
Stop this nonsense focus on age... you spent the entire last year complaining about how bad Xisco was and now Lassad have taking that position???

DepHun is quite right here. He's 24 and still in B team. You have to admit that at least it doesn't look promising. I'm sure that DepHun hopes as all of us that Lassad will shine.;)

Mortenlj 05-09-2008 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by DepHun

Dephun, once again you seem to be missing my point!
It isn't as much about age as about every player having his price, especially if we are able to replace him with another homegrown talent. Be that, as mentioned earlier, Lassad (which I thought had a decent scoring record last season), Hugo Garcia (who seems like the biggest talent) or someone else.

I also tend to agree with Djalminha, last season Xisco weren't good enough for you, now you use him as a good example...

Leon 05-09-2008 09:52

I think that DepHun has been delivering quite good discussions last season and he has admitted when in the end he was 'wrong' with some assumptions.

In the end, I don't think there's a 'right' and 'wrong' as it's just about opinions about a non black & white world of football. I don't think Xisco suddenly has become Alan Shearer, it's up to them if his great half a season at Deportivo was an indication of greatness or just a one-time affair.

Kevin Keegan eventually stepped down as Manager of Newcastle as he didn't like the signings. I assume that he doesn't refer to Coloccini. But is he referring to Xisco? I mean, I can imagine that signing Xisco isn't exactly what Keegan was thinking of when he wanted an established name.

Feliuk 05-09-2008 10:42

I think it is more to do with who they sold and tried to sell than the signing of Xisco?

vink 05-09-2008 10:52

I think it had nothing to do with Xisco. It was more that he wasn't in the loop for any signings and departures, especially that they sold James Milner, who was a real linchpin for them over the last couple years.

Crocodile_Dundee 05-09-2008 10:55

They also tried to sell Joey Barton behind his back, a player who he has stood by in recent months, the fall out has absolutely nothing to do with Xisco.

DepHun 05-09-2008 10:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortenlj
Dephun, once again you seem to be missing my point!
It isn't as much about age as about every player having his price, especially if we are able to replace him with another homegrown talent. Be that, as mentioned earlier, Lassad (which I thought had a decent scoring record last season), Hugo Garcia (who seems like the biggest talent) or someone else.

I also tend to agree with Djalminha, last season Xisco weren't good enough for you, now you use him as a good example...

Well actually Hugo Garcia, or Adrian Lopez would be a better example of a promising talent than Lassad or even Xisco for me. That is because they start the carreer at an earlier age. Of course there are lots of late-grown-up guys like Tristan, Drogba, maybe Guiza, or even Makaay, but it is most common if a guy starts his professional carreer at the age of 17-20 (should I list 90% of the prof. players?), then he will be an avarage primera player, or even better, while if he is in segunda B at the age of 23, then he is not even young as a football player.
Once again: if I should choose between Xisco and Lassad, Xisco had games and goals 2 years ago in Primera, then he scored goals in Segunda, and finally in Primera. That is something like a routine. At the same age Lassad is in Segunda B, and he needs one more year to promote to Depor A. If that succeed at all. So - as you know very well, that I don't rate Xisco as a world class - you can imagine my opinion about the start of Lassad's professional carreer. ;)
I say: it is not the best possible, and not promising to me. This is all I said.

Thanks Leon and Philip for defending me from the Nordics!

Well good luck to Xisco and Colo at NUFC!

Bebeto 27 06-09-2008 23:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luis Fabiano
uhhh wow, he refused to renew his contract? Why are we crying over him then? the guy just doesn't want us. :/

The thing is Xisco was like our son, would you stop loving your son if one day he stops loving you? :(