Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum

Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/index.php)
-   Former players & coaches (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Ex-player topic: Xisco (attacker, now at Osasuna) (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6406)

Lebn8r 01-05-2005 09:59

Ex-player topic: Xisco (attacker, now at Osasuna)

i want Xisco to PLAY.... He is a striker....... thats his own position.... he wont show his potential in just 4mins a game....

so the lineup for the rest of the games barring injuries (if i was manager) would be

..................Manua.................

Manuel....andrade......Colo.....Capdevilla

........Sergio........Mauro............

.......Munitis.........Fran........Luque....

......................Xisco....................... .

yes valeron on the bench... ridicoulously out of form... and will cause the opposition to think about who to shutdown...

anyone disagree.... (im bored) and stressed!!! :devil:

ruvignaldi 01-05-2005 11:01

Good thing is we have nothing to lose so Jabo can experiment as much as he wants.
And Jabo he can take credit for giving a chace to this one youngster.

Varsh150783 01-05-2005 11:04

I wanna see this..one striker is never enough...especially with inexperienced xisco
..................Munua.................

.....Fran...........Sergio........Mauro........... .

..............................Munitis.........

......................Xisco.....Luque.... ...................

Lebn8r 01-05-2005 11:07

lets just hope this kld is a prodigy... who can become a depor prolific scorer... (well alteast score for then currents strikers in the current season)

this kid is good... and i dont want him loaned or sold...

we must ensure we keep our great youngsters and assist them in maturing

Julen 01-05-2005 13:06

He has a long way to walk... Today he can have some minutes but it will take him time to play more than 60 minutes in Depor.

Anyway, this boy plays in a competition that can't be compared with La Liga (Deportivo B is in 3rd div.) he needs to reach pro-level.

Ricardo 01-05-2005 13:49

I hope he gets at least 20 mins tonight.

The real talent from the Fabril could be Jonathan.. I hope he is given a chance in the future!

Jorge 01-05-2005 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Varsh150783
I wanna see this..one striker is never enough...especially with inexperienced xisco

.....Fran...........Sergio........Mauro........... .

..............................Munitis.........

......................Xisco.....Luque.... ...................

That gets my vote!!!

Lebn8r 01-05-2005 14:03

........Sergio........Mauro........Fran..........

.........................Munitis.................. ......

................Xisco.............Luque........... ..[/quote]

is better (i swapped around the midfield... sergio to the right mauro to the centre and fran to the left)

QueSalsaLuque 01-05-2005 14:08

my team for todays match..

....................Munua......................

Manuel...Andrade...Colo...Capdevila

.......................Mauro...................

......Sergio.......Fran......Luque.......

...........Xisco........Munitis..............

This team is really good i think

Julen 01-05-2005 15:47

Quote:

my team for todays match..

This team is really good i think

Very offensive and it's what Depor needs today

Jo 01-05-2005 16:22

Let's hope Xisco will mature into a better players

anuroc 01-05-2005 19:09

I would play Duscher instead of Sergio

Nuruldin 02-05-2005 01:05

i saw Xisco playing tonight against Sevilla.. and he was good.. but he played only 10 minutes.. so.. i hope i can see him playing next game.. coz luque and tristan will be out... only him..

i'll vote for this team..

Jo 02-05-2005 05:39

I can hardly see him in those 10 minutes

javientes 02-05-2005 10:59

Luque caught his fifth yellow card and won't play depor's next match..

This means we will see Xisco or Jonathan as starter next time.

It's funny indeed.. Depor always had a luxury problem for the striker position.. and look us now, we have to choose out of two youthplayers.

Another option could be: Munitis as striker and Fran on the left wing.

simonrules201 02-05-2005 11:04

knowing irrureta hed rather play a defender in a strikers position rather than play youngsters.....so we can expect to see colo as a striker next week

Xoán 02-05-2005 17:20

Bring Changui back!!! :D :D :D xD

Depor_Vin 02-05-2005 17:27

Xisco will almost certainly start the next game.

simonrules201 02-05-2005 22:08

will he....i wont bank on it

Julen 02-05-2005 22:13

My best wishes for him

Feliuk 02-05-2005 22:49

I kind of feel abit sorry for Jonathan as he is the leading scorer of Depor B and the reason Xisco is there is because Jonathan got a 5 week ban!
Either Jonathan or Xisco (or both) should get a run out for the remaining games of the season

Jorge 03-05-2005 12:12

Jonathan & Xisco were with Jabo, both getting special foreward training today...

Varsh150783 03-05-2005 13:08

Better Deliver Xisco...I am counting on you like I was counting on tristan a few years ago!...from mallorca...:(

pisingh 03-05-2005 14:11

Varsh- dont put pressure on them, let them bloom freely

javientes 03-05-2005 14:25

Don't be surprised Irureta chooses Jonathan instead of Xisco.. He completed his 4 games ban. Both a half? :D

gabi 03-05-2005 15:11

how old is Jonathan?

depor_hk 03-05-2005 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by javientes
Don't be surprised Irureta chooses Jonathan instead of Xisco.. He completed his 4 games ban. Both a half? :D

I like the idea :D

depor_hk 03-05-2005 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabi
how old is Jonathan?

His birthday is 28-02-84

gabi 03-05-2005 15:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by depor_hk
Quote:

Originally Posted by gabi
how old is Jonathan?

His birthday is 28-02-84

Ok he have the right age. Of what ive heard he is the bether one of them two. What if he plays and do a great match. And he can be our saivier next seasen. Im just dreaming!

pebinho 04-05-2005 10:29

I looked some stats from bettingzone.com and they say that there has been two Xiscos in Depor squad this season. So what is his full name? Francisco Xisco or Xisco Jimenez?

Feliuk 04-05-2005 11:07

HAHAHA
His name is Francisco Jiménez Tejada
So it looks like 2 are really 1 :)

Xisco is short for Francisco!!!

Lebn8r 05-05-2005 01:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feliuk
HAHAHA
His name is Francisco Jiménez Tejada
So it looks like 2 are really 1 :)

Xisco is short for Francisco!!!

haahah

or it could be a ghost!?!?!?!?! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Chronic Inebriety 05-05-2005 02:03

**Actually, I was going to ask about these names...

**How come there are so many players called "Xisco"? Is it simply just wanting their nickname on their shirts? And anyway, I thought "Paco" was the common shortening of Francisco, or (most likely) do I misunderstand?

**Another question: why is it so many players with surnames González, Gomez or Rodriguez call themselves by their first name (Oscar, Raul, Ruben etc.)? Is it because their surnames are very common, so it's easier to differentiate between the players? And presumably they aren't required to do this, they can still just call themselves González if they want, right?

Lebn8r 05-05-2005 03:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chronic Inebriety
**Actually, I was going to ask about these names...

**How come there are so many players called "Xisco"? Is it simply just wanting their nickname on their shirts? And anyway, I thought "Paco" was the common shortening of Francisco, or (most likely) do I misunderstand?

**Another question: why is it so many players with surnames González, Gomez or Rodriguez call themselves by their first name (Oscar, Raul, Ruben etc.)? Is it because their surnames are very common, so it's easier to differentiate between the players? And presumably they aren't required to do this, they can still just call themselves González if they want, right?

why are you posting these comments here.... you are clearly off topic .....!!!

zepp 05-05-2005 07:51

Quote:

How come there are so many players called "Xisco"? Is it simply just wanting their nickname on their shirts? And anyway, I thought "Paco" was the common shortening of Francisco, or (most likely) do I misunderstand?

Paco is the Castilian short version of Francisco. Xisco is the Catalonian version (Our Xisco comes from Mallorca, there is also a Xisco in Valencia, etc.)

Quote:

Another question: why is it so many players with surnames González, Gomez or Rodriguez call themselves by their first name (Oscar, Raul, Ruben etc.)? Is it because their surnames are very common, so it's easier to differentiate between the players? And presumably they aren't required to do this, they can still just call themselves González if they want, right?

It's not because they are too common. The name Raul or Oscar is also too common but they use it. And most of them don't want to be called as Raul González, Oscar García... I think it's a question of culture. In Spain, the first name has till recently been used in honorific treatment. It was more respectful to be called Don José, for instance, than Sr. García. In fact, I remember this anecdote of an Argentinian coach in Spain (I think it was Cuper or Bielsa). A youngster playing for the first team wanted to be known by his first name. The coach forbide it and ask him to put his family name in the shirt. Why? he asked. "Because you still don't deserve to be known by the first name. The day you achieve what Raul or Fran have achieved, then you will be able to choose the name you go by." Even I don't know the details, I swear the anecdote is true.

Baudolino 05-05-2005 12:18

Could it b true that Fran's real name is something like Francisco Javier Gonzales Peres :dazed: .......... And other players might have a colection of names, too.

zepp 05-05-2005 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baudolino
Could it b true that Fran's real name is something like Francisco Javier Gonzales Peres :dazed:

And you think that's long? Ask any Dutch member of the forum his real name (not just the one he uses). You will know what's long.

Baudolino 05-05-2005 13:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by zepp
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baudolino
Could it b true that Fran's real name is something like Francisco Javier Gonzales Peres :dazed:

And you think that's long? Ask any Dutch member of the forum his real name (not just the one he uses). You will know what's long.

Well that's interesting...........

Chronic Inebriety 06-05-2005 06:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by zepp
Answers to my questions.

**Ah, thanks for all that!

zepp 06-05-2005 07:47

Well, it seems Xisco is favoured by the planets and the stars... He has been called to take part in a few trainings with Spain U-20.

That's a start.