Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum

Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming Forum (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5641)

The DK Blanquiazul 23-07-2007 19:27

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008

The next game in the best soccer game - Pro Evolution Soccer, is soon coming out, and the first screenshots have already been released. The name of the game is surprisingly not Pro Evolution Soccer 7, but Pro Evolution Soccer 2008.

I'm personally very looking forward to this game - as always, and I'm sure it's gonna be great. The biggest new feature is called Teamvision, with an AI, that will fit after your tactics, and the way you play. Then you constantly will have to look after new ways to find ways behind their defense, and it will be more entertaining. I hope this feature will work good...

In the press release, the team said:
Quote:

"We have taken a long hard look at what has made the Pro Evolution Soccer series so popular, and where we want to take it next. With the new Teamvision AI system, we truly believe that we have elevated the game to a new level. The movement of players off the ball, coupled with the total control given to the player, creates the closest simulation of real football to date. We really hope everyone enjoys our evolution. I promise it will be worth the wait."

The screenshots can be found here

The game will be released in October.

Barkoty 23-07-2007 19:40

Great ! Let's hope this one is as good as the others .

Crocodile_Dundee 23-07-2007 19:47

I can't wait for it's release, I'm sure it's going to be rather special!!

heidern 23-07-2007 20:38

Is there something about making a proper PC version or there will be only that kinda conversion that works bad?

freakyy 23-07-2007 20:45

I was a bit dissapointed in pes 6, but I cant wait to see what this one will bring!

The DK Blanquiazul 23-07-2007 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by heidern
Is there something about making a proper PC version or there will be only that kinda conversion that works bad?

What do yo mean by that? You mean that about that many signs and stuff, is A, B etc.?

heidern 23-07-2007 21:12

It's because the PC version , so far, has never been of the PS quality.

The DK Blanquiazul 23-07-2007 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by heidern
It's because the PC version , so far, has never been of the PS quality.

Where? In graphics??

heidern 23-07-2007 21:35

Much more in the gameplay. It's very slow comparing to PES in PS

Lebn8r 24-07-2007 12:50

I might have to give PES 2008 a chance after all these years of being an AVID Fifa 200X gamer...!

deporiginal 28-07-2007 12:11

PES hasn't evolved a whole lot in the past few years, and EA made some big steps forward since fifa 06. In Fifa 08, there is now this mode where you'll be in control of the same player during a whole match. The camera is different in this mode, as it's behind your player if you know what I mean. That way you have a more realistic vision of the pitch, so you see things how you'd see them when you're really on the pitch yourself. If this was the only mode in this game, it would already be a mustbuy for football-fans. I've never been a real fan of PES myself though, but most should admit that in the last three games of PES, not much has changed at all. Load times are also finished in the new Fifa, as you can play an awesome mini-game during the already short loadtimes :D

So leb, don't do it :D If you're used to playing Fifa, you just won't like PES.

The DK Blanquiazul 28-07-2007 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by deporiginal
PES hasn't evolved a whole lot in the past few years, and EA made some big steps forward since fifa 06. In Fifa 08, there is now this mode where you'll be in control of the same player during a whole match. The camera is different in this mode, as it's behind your player if you know what I mean. That way you have a more realistic vision of the pitch, so you see things how you'd see them when you're really on the pitch yourself. I played it and this mode alone is enough to just buy Fifa 08. I've never been a real fan of PES myself though, but most should admit that in the last three games of PES, not much has changed at all.

So leb, don't do it :D If you're used to playing Fifa, you just won't like PES.

No, PES haven't evolved much, but they don't have to evolve, simple as that. FIFA is more and more starting to copy from PES, but they will NEVER reach that level. PES is years ahead of FIFA. FIFA is not even a alternative as a football simulator. I seriously don't know the sport where 22 players are skating after a beach ball. And controlling one of these persons won't change a thing. If you want that, play the good old Liberogrande to PS 1. That was a funny game.

Barkoty 28-07-2007 12:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by The DK Blanquiazul
No, PES haven't evolved much, but they don't have to evolve, simple as that.

I agree...

Benn 28-07-2007 12:30

Since the 2 of you already started, we might aswell open the old PES vs FIFA dilemma.

I've always been playing FIFA, and I've always been very entertained by it. A few weeks ago, I tried PES for 5 days, and I gotta say that it was nothing special considering so many people talking about how much better it is than FIFA. No, it's not! It's funny yes, but so is FIFA. I could probably spend time playing both, but since I've always been playing FIFA, I'll probbly keep doing that.

Just because someone like one PES, it doesn't mean FIFA has to be crap and the other way around. If you play one game, the other one is pure crap, and you spend so much time telling people about it, that's the way I see it. It's like people are only thinking one way: I can only play one of the games, not both! (not saying that's with you guys, many people are just like that in general)

The DK Blanquiazul 28-07-2007 12:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benn
Since the 2 of you already started, we might aswell open the old PES vs FIFA dilemma.

I've always been playing FIFA, and I've always been very entertained by it. A few weeks ago, I tried PES for 5 days, and I gotta say that it was nothing special considering so many people talking about how much better it is than FIFA. No, it's not! It's funny yes, but so is FIFA. I could probably spend time playing both, but since I've always been playing FIFA, I'll probbly keep doing that.

Just because someone like one PES, it doesn't mean FIFA has to be crap and the other way around. If you play one game, the other one is pure crap, and you spend so much time telling people about it, that's the way I see it. It's like people are only thinking one way: I can only play one of the games, not both! (not saying that's with you guys, many people are just like that iun general)

Well, it's just my opinion. I personally think FIFA is good for kids, since it's way more an arcade game. I played it very much just a few years ago, but then I tried PES. The gameplay here is much more realistic, and gives much more opportunities. It's just my opinion, and I don't hate FIFA, I just can't understand anyone plays it when PES also is there.