Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum

Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/index.php)
-   World Football (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Other World Football (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1024)

Depor_Vin 27-01-2004 15:25

Other World Football

Here's a thread to discuss other leagues in the world besides La Liga. Also feel free to post anything about other cup competitions that do not belong to another thread.

scoop 27-01-2004 15:35

nigera is playing morocco now.

my best of luck to naybet!!

Depor_Vin 27-01-2004 15:38

Gooo Naybet! :)

Ekholm 27-01-2004 23:41

Hmmm... Morocco won agains Nigeria!!
FORZA NAYBET!!

Carling Cup second leg:
Aston Villa - Bolton 2-0
But Bolton went through because the won the first match 5-2.

Depor_Vin 28-01-2004 00:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by EkholmSWE
Hmmm... Morocco won agains Nigeria!!
FORZA NAYBET!!

Yeah just seen highlights of the match. Naybet done very well. Helped Morroco defend well and get at Nigeria on the counterattack too. Game ended 1-0 with the only goal coming from Youseff Hadji.

Welldone Naybet!! :happy: Keep it going!!

Depor_Vin 28-01-2004 00:53

Wowzers!! Just seen on teletext that Reyes (of Sevilla of course) has moved to Arsenal for and undisclosed fee! Thats obviously a GREAT signging for Arsenal!!

Ekholm 28-01-2004 10:13

It's great for Arsenal and Premier League but it's a disaster for Sevilla (even though they get a lot of money) and La Primera.

Probably we'll see a great signing of Sevilla soon. Already there's rumours that Jesuli might move back to Sevilla from Celta.

alan partridge 28-01-2004 13:06

the thing that surprises me most about this is a young (highly rated) spaniard going to play in another country. you see a few going abroad but like english players they are very parochial about their football. good luck to him i say!

Ekholm 28-01-2004 13:14

I think it will be really tough for Reyes to be a starter. Maybe he bought as a forward, then it's easier because I don't think he's better than Ljungberg or Pires yet.

I'm also surprised that he chose to play in England. Premier League is more physical than La Primera and that must be bad for Reyes.

I remember a couple of years ago when Arsenal wanted to buy Valerón. Just imagine how he would have been in England.
He gets fouled often in Spain, in England he would have been injured very often.
Spanish players don't fit in so well in Premier League.

How many Spanish players are there in England?
Campos (Bolton) and Arteta (Glasgow Rangers, Scotland) are the only ones I know.

Feliuk 28-01-2004 14:11

javi Moreno - Bolton
Roberto Martinez - Swansea
David Fernandez - Celtic
Gaizca Mendieta - Middlesbrough
Francesc Fabregas - Arsenal
Ricardo - Manchester Utd (On loan at Racing)

Depor_Vin 28-01-2004 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by EkholmSWE
I'm also surprised that he chose to play in England. Premier League is more physical than La Primera and that must be bad for Reyes.

I remember a couple of years ago when Arsenal wanted to buy Valerón. Just imagine how he would have been in England.
He gets fouled often in Spain, in England he would have been injured very often.
Spanish players don't fit in so well in Premier League.

That is true. Mendieta however hasn't done too bad. Best wishes to Reyes. :happy:

A.Houston 28-01-2004 19:20

I'm just glad he chose to play in England and not Italy. That would have been the end of his career.

Ekholm 28-01-2004 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugary Tea
I'm just glad he chose to play in England and not Italy. That would have been the end of his career.

Do you really think so??
I think it's worse for the Spanish players to play in England than in Italy.

Depor_Vin 28-01-2004 20:14

Spanish players generally don't do well out La Liga then. If anyone can think of any MAJOR examples to prove me wrong however go ahead.

A.Houston 28-01-2004 21:24

Well I'm just going by the examples I know- Mendieta at Lazio, Guardiola, Javi Moreno and Farinos. I think Spanish players do best in La Liga anyways, but if you have to leave you might as well not go to Italy. And I think Mendieta has recovered some form as Boro. And then of course there are people like Raul Bravo who don't do well in England either. But whether he is a good player in Spain is open to discussion ;)