Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum

Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/index.php)
-   World Football (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   FIFA WC hosts 2018 & 22 (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7184)

Michał 02-12-2010 13:20

FIFA WC hosts 2018 & 22

Today hosts of the FIFA WC 2018 and 2022 will be announced. In 2018 European country will be host. Candidates: - Belgium & The Netherlands - England - Russia - Portugal & Spain 2022: - Australia - Japan - South Korea - Qatar - USA It is said that the biggest chances have Russia in 2018 and USA in 2022. While in 2018 I would be very happy to see Russia as the host, in 2022 I have no idea who to root for. In all 5 countries football is not very popular...

Filip 02-12-2010 13:48

as i wrote already in 'other world football':

lets hope that spain gets to organize the next world cup. Does it have any positive aspects on the riazor? like we'd getting money for reconstruction??

If not, i'd still route for spain/portugal anyway

ggeorg 02-12-2010 13:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filip
as i wrote already in 'other world football':

lets hope that spain gets to organize the next world cup. Does it have any positive aspects on the riazor? like we'd getting money for reconstruction??

That was discussed, in some thread. If Riazor is within the world cup games, of course there will be some improvements. But i think, that chances are against Riazor.

Anw, this has to do with Riazor, we won't get any money, neither us :D, nor Deportivo.

deporik 02-12-2010 14:01

If I was voting, I'd go for either England or Spain/Portugal in 2018 (probably slightly favor England tbh because I'd like to attend a WC game before I die :D)
and for 2022 I'd go for Australia followed by Qatar.

To be honest, Russia are probably the most deserving for the 2018 games as the other 3 have all hosted big comps in the last 50 years. My only concern with the Russians winning it, are the transport worries and its vastness as a nation.

Japan, Korea and USA have all hosted world cups fairly recently, which leaves Australia or Qatar. I'd prefer the Aussies because I think theyre more of a footballing nation but I reckon the Qataries would take it all very seriously and put on a decent world cup too.

Michał 02-12-2010 14:10

If I were to choose the closest one I'd go for Belgium & Holland.

I agree with Rik that Russia deserves for it mostly. The biggest problem though IMO would be big distance between the cities. But still - I want them to host it as it would mean new stadiums while in the most other countries the matches would be played at old (I don't mean bad) stadiums. I mean - OK, Camp Nou, Bernabeu, Old Trafford or Anfield are legendary stadiums and they have its soul, but WC in Spain or England won't mean such a big infrastructural improvement as it would mean in Russia (the same goes for EC 2012 and Poland & Ukraine). EDIT: LOL! There must sth like 2-3 thousand km between Yekaterinburg, Sochi and Kaliningrad :D

Filip 02-12-2010 14:19

i think the atmosphere would not be that great in russia as in spainish or english stadions, and that's coming after the horrendous sud-afrika games...

dj-origenal 02-12-2010 14:30

My part its all simple. I would like 2018 to go to Spain & Portugal mainly for the good of Deportivo if there's a chance Riazor would be chosen. Other than that I don't care...

ggeorg 02-12-2010 14:35

Pls no Qatar :D

Anton 02-12-2010 14:41

PLEASE PLEASE bring it here :D everyone here is so nervous about this result!! its literally life changing here. We are actually a footballing nation - more poeple play football here than any other sport by far. its more of a traditional reason why football doesnt rate much on TVs here (its only on pay tv and unlike europe not many people have pay tv).

This would honestly change australia forever...

In all honesty if qatar get it it would be a disaster. the heat is insane - yes the stadiums are cool but what about the streets? not to mention everyone packed into one centre could be massive risk of rioting etc... also you have to think about the laws there also... im not sure that would be the best candidate. I would say after Aus i would prefer it to go to usa.

In terms of 2018 - i think its russia or england.

The russian presentation i think was the best of anyones... I think england could have shown better clips of passion - u guys have the best crowds yet it was a little bit tame in my opinion.

Good luck to all (especially oz ;) )

Diligent 02-12-2010 14:41

My preference is as follows;

2018: Russia

2022: Australia

Anton 02-12-2010 14:42

dilligent - if only u were on the executive comittee lol

Michał 02-12-2010 14:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filip
i think the atmosphere would not be that great in russia as in spainish or english stadions, and that's coming after the horrendous sud-afrika games...

Don't really get it...there is amazing atmosphere in the east and Russia is not different. What can you tell me about atmosphere in Spain or England? Not even mentioning half-empty and silent Riazor, stadiums like Camp Nou or Bernabeu even full are nothing like eastern stadiums. The same about England (OK, it is a bit better there) - about 2-3 years ago there was UEFA Cup match between Tottenham and Wisła Kraków. I was watching it on the TV when my father entered the room and without looking on the TV screen said "I thought we were to play away". And yes, we did play away, but still 4,000 Wisła fans were louder than 40,000 Spurs fans. I know it's not the best example and it can't be presented as general view, but well...that's how it is IMO.

Filip 02-12-2010 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michał
Don't really get it...there is amazing atmosphere in the east and Russia is not different. What can you tell me about atmosphere in Spain or England? Not even mentioning half-empty and silent Riazor, stadiums like Camp Nou or Bernabeu even full are nothing like eastern stadiums. The same about England (OK, it is a bit better there) - about 2-3 years ago there was UEFA Cup match between Tottenham and Wisła Kraków. I was watching it on the TV when my father entered the room and without looking on the TV screen said "I thought we were to play away". And yes, we did play away, but still 4,000 Wisła fans were louder than 40,000 Spurs fans. I know it's not the best example and it can't be presented as general view, but well...that's how it is IMO.

poland is no russia.
When a european and an american team will play eachother in russia or in western europe, im sure that makes a difference. In russia you will have stadion filled (hopefully) with neutral supporters mostly, while in western europe you will very probably have a lot more native supporters.
And other things.

for the other one: i'd like most australia, but i'd choose quatar myself, just cause of time differences. Not interested in morning games :D

ggeorg 02-12-2010 15:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diligent
My preference is as follows;

2018: Russia

2022: Australia

Don't you wish, as Rik, to watch a world cup game?

Edit: Btw, agree with Filip! The supporters is what makes the atmosphere, i don't get how 50.000 Russians will make a great atmopshere in a Ghana-Ecuador game

Diligent 02-12-2010 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggeorg
Don't you wish, as Rik, to watch a world cup game

Well if England win the right to host the 2018 World Cup I will be happy, but Eastern Europe deserves to hold a major footballing tournement.

With regard to 2022, Japan and Korea have hosted to as recent as 8 years ago. My worry with Qatar is the heat at that time of year, therefore it leaves just the USA and Australia IMO. I would love it to be Australia as it will be a competition during the winter months down under.