Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum

Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/index.php)
-   Former players & coaches (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Ex-Player topic: Aythami (born 1986, Defender) (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5602)

Sultan 07-04-2013 22:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by deporiginal
I could see him doing better in a more advanced position on the pitch, as a defensive midfielder of sorts.



I was thinking the same thing, especially when I saw his excellent stats, he could make a decent cleaner in the defensive midfield rule and can reinvent himself, I agree with you all about his errors and lack of center back instinct! He's surely an awful center back!

Iztok 08-04-2013 12:24

He is one of the defensive liabilities. When Aythami and Evaldo were playing you could almost bet we would get at least 2-3 goals in our net. He wasn't good last year, he isn't good this one, I really wonder if he become more then a 4th CB for us.

I do agree with you about DM, he played at that position before and played much better there, but if you look at our team you see that that position is well covered, so no aditonal strengths are needed.
Our biggest problem this year is indeed defense, not just the back 4, but the whole defensive effort. Although the last line is one of the main issues that need to be focused on in the summer, no matter what we will play.

Sultan 08-04-2013 20:44

If we lose Aguilar this summer and maybe another DM, Aythami could be considered a DM and we can promote Rochela & Insua to complete the Duo Marchena & Ze Castro, that ofcourse if Marchena renews his contract in the summer!

Iztok 09-04-2013 10:09

We have Alex, JunDo and Assuncao under contract for the next year, I think we will need a leader there and the other 3 to alternate if we are in Primera. If (heaven forbid) we are in Segunda I agree with you, he can be the 4th DM.

deporiginal 09-04-2013 10:43

http://canalplus.es/el-dia-despues/l...ucanftb_10.Ves

Here's a little video about Aythami's substitution. It makes it pretty clear that Aythami's "I didn't see him" answer is just something he said to calm things down. He was looking straight at FV, completely ignored him, and then he even yelled "vete a la mierda" to him. If he should be mad at anyone, it's himself, not Vazquez.

Sure, it's logical to be upset at a sub, but he did cross the line here. Telling your coach to go f*ck himself after being rightfully subbed, is just too much. Pretty sure we'll see Zé Castro this weekend. At least I hope so.

deporik 09-04-2013 11:06

I saw the match highlights with that video but nothing about the sub. I didn't see it originally either so would be grateful if you do find the link.

deporiginal 09-04-2013 11:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by deporik
I saw the match highlights with that video but nothing about the sub. I didn't see it originally either so would be grateful if you do find the link.

Woops, I used the wrong link :)

http://canalplus.es/play/video.html?...ucanftb_14.Ves

Sultan 09-04-2013 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by deporiginal


I couldn't open this one, so if someone is facing the same, here is a youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQig1f-LLlg


I also hope I don't see his face as a starter for the rest of the season! the guy caused two goals and wasted two goal opportunities and still angry at being subbed, being angry is something but disrespecting your coach and also insulting him is just pure stupid!

His personality reflects his football skills!

deporiginal 09-04-2013 22:12

What bugs me most is the look on his face when he gets subbed. As Djalminha said, it's perfectly ok to be mad when you get subbed. But Aythami seemed to act like he had no idea why, as if he was playing a solid game.

This video was shown in a popular Spanish football show yesterday, and it's been going around Twitter all day long. Just when things are going great, this happens to spoil the mood. I bet that if this happened mid-season, Fernando Vazquez would put him out of the squad for at least a week. Now he'll probably want to calm things down, and at least put him on the bench.

Fernando Vazquez is a really calm guy, seeing that. I wonder how coaches like Mourinho or Abel Resino would react if they were told to "go to hell" like that. Not that this should be blown out of proportion either. I remember Riki raising all kinds of hell when he got subbed by Oltra once, though I can't for the life of me remember what game that was.

Sultan 09-04-2013 22:24

I think it was the first Celta game, if I'm not mistaken!

deporiginal 09-04-2013 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sultan
I think it was the first Celta game, if I'm not mistaken!

Ah, you're right! I was actually thinking it happened last season, I almost forgot Oltra was our coach for 17 games this season :D

The difference here, if I remember correctly, was that Riki was having a solid game and we pretty much collapsed after Oltra took him off.

tonideportivoBG 10-04-2013 07:24

Let's see whats gonna be happen. It looks that Aythami it's not so smart, he just won his place as a starter and now he's close to lose it.

Blue_Nation 10-06-2013 14:36

Aythami could leave the club:
http://www.marca.com/2013/06/10/futb...0&t=1370871217

If that is true, I guess many people will take it as a great new. :D

vink 11-06-2013 01:15

That's ironic, since he's a Segunda quality defender and no more. I'm guessing he could end up at Las Palmas, which means we might face him next year.

If that's the case, I'd like to say farewell to the worst starting central defender that I've seen in my time watching Depor. I was thinking about it and I looked through the past 10 years or so of rosters, and there's really no one who came close to being as bad as Aythami, who started 26 games (!) and logged over 2200 minutes for Depor this year.

The thing is, it really reminded me that there's always been a core of excellence in defense throughout the years: Naybet, Andrade, and Donato come to mind. But let's face it, if you could have traded 2003 vintage Cesar (who I never loved) for Aythami at the beginning of the season, would we be in Primera right now? I am certain we would. How about 2005 vintage Juanma? Again, I say yes.

Is Aythami the worst defender, including side defenders, in the past 10-15 years? Probably. They had the good sense to bench Evaldo after a while.

He's really the perfect example of what's gone wrong at this club. They should build him a statue or something.

nitraM 11-06-2013 02:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by vink
That's ironic, since he's a Segunda quality defender and no more. I'm guessing he could end up at Las Palmas, which means we might face him next year.

If that's the case, I'd like to say farewell to the worst starting central defender that I've seen in my time watching Depor. I was thinking about it and I looked through the past 10 years or so of rosters, and there's really no one who came close to being as bad as Aythami, who started 26 games (!) and logged over 2200 minutes for Depor this year.

The thing is, it really reminded me that there's always been a core of excellence in defense throughout the years: Naybet, Andrade, and Donato come to mind. But let's face it, if you could have traded 2003 vintage Cesar (who I never loved) for Aythami at the beginning of the season, would we be in Primera right now? I am certain we would. How about 2005 vintage Juanma? Again, I say yes.

Is Aythami the worst defender, including side defenders, in the past 10-15 years? Probably. They had the good sense to bench Evaldo after a while.

He's really the perfect example of what's gone wrong at this club. They should build him a statue or something.


your post made me die of laughter because its so true.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 20:29.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.