Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum

Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/index.php)
-   Deportivo (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Have you ever been at "Riazor"??? (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1271)

MolinaFan 06-04-2004 20:17

Have you ever been at "Riazor"???

hey fans, when my parents asked me where I wanna go 4 this summer holidays I replied: "To La Coruna of course" But I guess it'll never happen, but I'll always wish to be at Riasor at least one time. Had any of u ever been at this stadium??? Is it difficult to get autographs from Deportivo players at the city of A Coruca?? :confused: :cool:

I LOVE DEPOR!!! :howler:

Xoán 06-04-2004 20:29

Well, I guess that a good few of us have been at Riazor...
And getting an autograph is not difficult at all. It's very easy to meet the players walking around with their families/friends all the time. Well, unless you're looking for Tristan or Djalma... then you'll have to spend the night out from disco to disco chasing them! ;) :D

mig_superdepor 06-04-2004 21:52

As Xoan says, a fair few on this forum will have been to the Riazor, but one question i would like o ask off-hand, is why is the torre behind the stand and how long has it been there, its history, etc.
Its very easy to meet a depor player around in the city, as they don't tend to have problems being pestered all over the place by reporters. Last summer i saw valeron, manuel pablo, duscher, tristan and donato, during the teresa herrera copa. If not, the Abegondo training ground can be visited, and there would be no problems gaining autographs or signed shirts there whatsoever.

Depor_Chile 07-04-2004 03:58

someday I will visit Riazor

lake 07-04-2004 07:17

I hope someday I can get there!

Feliuk 07-04-2004 08:08

This is the 'New' Riazor 1945 arquitect was Rey Pedreira.

As you can see the tower has always been there as part and only standing bit of the original architecture.
There was room for 10.182 seated and 12.000 standing.

And this is the current one. How times change

As you can see although not very well the tower is still there.

mig_superdepor 07-04-2004 08:34

Wow, great pics Feliuk! The only thing i get concerned about when i go to Coruna, is the amount of graffiti all over the stadium, including the torre. It does take a bit of shine off the stadium.

Xoán 07-04-2004 09:08

Yep, the tower has always been an integral part of the stadium. It's called the "Marathon Tower" ('Torre de Marathón'), as it was located at the 'marathon curve' (see the old pic).
When Riazor was 'rebuilt' someone in the club talked about taking the tower down... that someone almost died at the hands of the fans! ;)

If there ever is a new Riazor one of MY conditions is this: keep the tower!!! ;) :D

("Até que tronce a Torre de Marathón"... as the song goes...)

Mglavan1 07-04-2004 09:40

No i dont bu one day i will

Bagsie 07-04-2004 10:22

Next season I will...
Propably seeing Deportivo - Barca.
Oh I can't wait to get some good seafood!

Diego 07-04-2004 10:50

I've heard one of the Depor players has a restaurant in La Coruña! is that true? :D This summer I probably will make a short visit in La Coruña, 'cause i will visit my dad's sister's place in Barcelona...

freakyy 07-04-2004 14:24

not yet! but I'm planning to go next year :)

Jorge 07-04-2004 14:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diego
I've heard one of the Depor players has a restaurant in La Coruña! is that true? :D This summer I probably will make a short visit in La Coruña, 'cause i will visit my dad's sister's place in Barcelona...

Who is that and foremost which Restaurant is this? Has anyone ever eaten there? I wanna know too!!!!

Razvan 07-04-2004 14:34

I'm also gonna try to visit Spain in the next couple of years, but La Coruna seems so far away from the eastern and southern coast of Spain. Is coming there by anything else but the plane really an option, or is it like a 20 hrs. long trip using the train or bus ?!

Jorge 07-04-2004 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razvan
I'm also gonna try to visit Spain in the next couple of years, but La Coruna seems so far away from the eastern and southern coast of Spain. Is coming there by anything else but the plane really an option, or is it like a 20 hrs. long trip using the train or bus ?!

La Coruna - Madrid is roundabout 550 Kilometers and crossing Madrid until reaching the Mediterranean will give you a maximum of 900 Kilometers Distance from the farest point of Spain Peninsula to Coruna... so I would assume 12 hours maximum by train (don't take the slowest though...) should bring you to Coruna from every point in Spain, am I wrong??