Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum

Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/index.php)
-   Deportivo (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Other team for Intertoto? (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2824)

scoop 30-05-2005 01:12

Other team for Intertoto?

First of all congrats to us for making the intertoto!!A bit lucky but still we kinda fought to the end.

lets discuss the team in the intertoto:
-will we have a refreshed team in time?
-is it an advantage to have alot of changes taking into consideration how we played this season but also considering that a new team may not function as a unit?
- will our guys be too tired to play well?
- should the coach (whoever he is) use fabril players?

also talk anything about intertoto (im learning more about it everyday :) )

Lebn8r 30-05-2005 02:15

i dont care.... i just want european football and club income!! :D

Luis Fabiano 30-05-2005 07:04

I think jabo or the new boss will use the current players and rest

the internatonals except Andrade, because they just finished the season..

new players (I don't think they are much more than 2) won't adapt

until the start of the liga so I don't think we will see them in the Intertoto..

and then use 2 or 3 Fabril players for backup...

zepp 30-05-2005 07:50

Re: new team for intertoto ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoop
- should the coach (whoever he is) use fabril players?

I hope so. Maybe they have not enough quality but take a look to the players of the first squad. Demotivated, longing for holidays, Luque asking for some free days as he has two play with the national team in June, the Argentinians wanting to go to the Confederation cup... Would you rely on them to win the Intertoto? You cannot rely either on fabril players but at least it will serve to the new coach to watch them in action, to decide who can make it or who cannot.

My team would be:

- Dani Mallo, Molina
- Hector, Cesar, Pablo Amo, Andrade, Antonio, Capdevila, Cancela
- De Guzmán, Pita, Acuńa, Jesús
- Munitis, Ivan Carril, Momo, Xavi Seco
- Ruben, Diego Tristán, Xisco

The only thing is Antonio and Cancela are supposed to leave the team on 30th June so you will need someone else to play in their place. Juanito and Givet?

Bagsie 30-05-2005 09:02

We might even sign a few more player for intertoto.

Bagsie 30-05-2005 09:03

I just realized that DEPORTIVO might come to finland as there is Two finnish teams in Intertoto!! My fingers crossed!! Please please please! Hope hope hope!

QueSalsaLuque 30-05-2005 09:26

which team are in the intertoto at this moment???

Bagsie 30-05-2005 09:35

61 teams

http://www.intertoto-cup.com/

zepp 30-05-2005 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bagsie
I just realized that DEPORTIVO might come to finland as there is Two finnish teams in Intertoto!! My fingers crossed!! Please please please! Hope hope hope!

As far as I know, Depor will play the following matches:

2nd round: 2/3 July (return 9/10 July)

Deportivo vs. winner of Vallete (Mal) vs. OFK Belgrade (SyM)

3rd round: 16/17 July (return 23/24 July)

Deportivo vs. winning team from the matches
Slaven Koprirnica (Cro) vs. Primorje (Slo)
Olympiakos Nicosia (Cyp) vs. Farul Constanta (Rom).

Yet to be decided.
Semifinals: 26 July (3 August)
Finals: 9 August (22 August)

At semifinals we can meet teams as Olympique Marseille, Newcastle Utd, Borussia Dortmund, Roda JC, St. Ettiene, Wolfsburg, Lens, Hamburger... Sorry Bagsie, we won't meet Finnish teams till semifinals (if they make it. I think Turku could be, the other no way)

Bagsie 30-05-2005 10:46

Turku is the bigger chance -I aggree but It's a slim hope anyway.

deporik 30-05-2005 10:51

Does anyone know how the Intertoto campaign will effect the Teresa Herrera tournament for us this year?

We could still be in the Intertoto in early August I think, so will they play the tournament without Depor in it, or will they suspend/cancel it.

zepp 30-05-2005 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by deporik
Does anyone know how the Intertoto campaign will effect the Teresa Herrera tournament for us this year?

We could still be in the Intertoto in early August I think, so will they play the tournament without Depor in it, or will they suspend/cancel it.

I have read in a newspaper that all the weekends will be booked from July to August because of the Intertoto. However, the weekend of 16th August is completely free. That would suit Depor as the bullfight week is on 10/11th August. Otherwise, I guess Teresa Herrera will be a single match tournament, probably on Wednesday.

zepp 30-05-2005 11:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by deporik

I have read in a newspaper that all the weekends will be booked from July to August because of the Intertoto. However, the weekend of 16th August is completely free. That would suit Depor as the bullfight week is on 10/11th August. Otherwise, I guess Teresa Herrera will be a single match tournament, probably on Wednesday.

gabi 30-05-2005 11:02

Can we play against IFK Göteborg from sweden? someone ho knows?

zepp 30-05-2005 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabi
Can we play against IFK Göteborg from sweden? someone ho knows?

Not till semifinals. Semifinals and Finals must yet be sorted out.