Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum

Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/index.php)
-   World Football (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Other World Football (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1024)

Depor_Vin 27-01-2004 15:25

Other World Football

Here's a thread to discuss other leagues in the world besides La Liga. Also feel free to post anything about other cup competitions that do not belong to another thread.

scoop 27-01-2004 15:35

nigera is playing morocco now.

my best of luck to naybet!!

Depor_Vin 27-01-2004 15:38

Gooo Naybet! :)

Ekholm 27-01-2004 23:41

Hmmm... Morocco won agains Nigeria!!
FORZA NAYBET!!

Carling Cup second leg:
Aston Villa - Bolton 2-0
But Bolton went through because the won the first match 5-2.

Depor_Vin 28-01-2004 00:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by EkholmSWE
Hmmm... Morocco won agains Nigeria!!
FORZA NAYBET!!

Yeah just seen highlights of the match. Naybet done very well. Helped Morroco defend well and get at Nigeria on the counterattack too. Game ended 1-0 with the only goal coming from Youseff Hadji.

Welldone Naybet!! :happy: Keep it going!!

Depor_Vin 28-01-2004 00:53

Wowzers!! Just seen on teletext that Reyes (of Sevilla of course) has moved to Arsenal for and undisclosed fee! Thats obviously a GREAT signging for Arsenal!!

Ekholm 28-01-2004 10:13

It's great for Arsenal and Premier League but it's a disaster for Sevilla (even though they get a lot of money) and La Primera.

Probably we'll see a great signing of Sevilla soon. Already there's rumours that Jesuli might move back to Sevilla from Celta.

alan partridge 28-01-2004 13:06

the thing that surprises me most about this is a young (highly rated) spaniard going to play in another country. you see a few going abroad but like english players they are very parochial about their football. good luck to him i say!

Ekholm 28-01-2004 13:14

I think it will be really tough for Reyes to be a starter. Maybe he bought as a forward, then it's easier because I don't think he's better than Ljungberg or Pires yet.

I'm also surprised that he chose to play in England. Premier League is more physical than La Primera and that must be bad for Reyes.

I remember a couple of years ago when Arsenal wanted to buy Valerón. Just imagine how he would have been in England.
He gets fouled often in Spain, in England he would have been injured very often.
Spanish players don't fit in so well in Premier League.

How many Spanish players are there in England?
Campos (Bolton) and Arteta (Glasgow Rangers, Scotland) are the only ones I know.

Feliuk 28-01-2004 14:11

javi Moreno - Bolton
Roberto Martinez - Swansea
David Fernandez - Celtic
Gaizca Mendieta - Middlesbrough
Francesc Fabregas - Arsenal
Ricardo - Manchester Utd (On loan at Racing)

Depor_Vin 28-01-2004 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by EkholmSWE
I'm also surprised that he chose to play in England. Premier League is more physical than La Primera and that must be bad for Reyes.

I remember a couple of years ago when Arsenal wanted to buy Valerón. Just imagine how he would have been in England.
He gets fouled often in Spain, in England he would have been injured very often.
Spanish players don't fit in so well in Premier League.

That is true. Mendieta however hasn't done too bad. Best wishes to Reyes. :happy:

A.Houston 28-01-2004 19:20

I'm just glad he chose to play in England and not Italy. That would have been the end of his career.

Ekholm 28-01-2004 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugary Tea
I'm just glad he chose to play in England and not Italy. That would have been the end of his career.

Do you really think so??
I think it's worse for the Spanish players to play in England than in Italy.

Depor_Vin 28-01-2004 20:14

Spanish players generally don't do well out La Liga then. If anyone can think of any MAJOR examples to prove me wrong however go ahead.

A.Houston 28-01-2004 21:24

Well I'm just going by the examples I know- Mendieta at Lazio, Guardiola, Javi Moreno and Farinos. I think Spanish players do best in La Liga anyways, but if you have to leave you might as well not go to Italy. And I think Mendieta has recovered some form as Boro. And then of course there are people like Raul Bravo who don't do well in England either. But whether he is a good player in Spain is open to discussion ;)

Depor_Vin 30-01-2004 11:57

Scott Parker, my favourite Charlton Atheltic player and probably thier best player, has moved to Chelsea for 12 frickin million!! Scott has been with Charlton ever since he was young and was brought up to the star he is today by Alan Curbishley, Charltons manager. Charlton rejected several offers from Chelsea already at the beginning of the year saying that they do not wish to sell one of their best players. The two fell out however over this and Scott had been dropped from several games. It was even rumoured that he was forced to train on his own. Charlton are a club that want 100% loyalty and what Scott has done has toally angered Alan Curbishley.''There are lots of players who will kiss the badge of your club one week then kiss the badge of another club the next. Scott has made it abundantly clear in more ways than 10 he didn't want to play for us anymore. His conduct in training wasn't what It should be. He has not been focused on what we are trying to doand he is not the same player when hes like that.''
''Ive known him for 10 years and told him if he worked hard, played well and continued to improve he would play for England and if would ever leave us it would be for a top, top club. But I'm not happy with the way the deal has been conducted and I'm not just talking about Scotty Parker. Maybe Chelsea want him because they see us as ther nearest rivals.''
''look at Charlton, you will not find another club like it. Last year Richard Rufus had his testimonial and John Robinson also had one and soon many more players will.''

Parker signed a 5 year contract last summer after reecting initial advances from Chelsea back then and inisisted Chalrotn matched his own 'Fiercely burning ambition'. Prker,23 will TREBLE the Ł16,000 a week he earned at the Valley as he most likely looks to life on the bench at Chelsea. Another player turn bad with money. Bye Bye Scotty.

Feliuk 30-01-2004 13:07

Now tell me where Chelsea are going to fit all these midfield players.(Parker,Veron,Lampard,Geremi,Makelele,cole ,Petit,Duff,Gronkjaer and a few others)
I also read a report that Ranieri said to The Russian give me 22 great players. He reckons they only have about 14 ???????
Considering they finished 4th last year and have bought another 10 players, well I just don't know.

alan partridge 30-01-2004 15:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Depor_Vin
Scott Parker, my favourite Charlton Atheltic player and probably thier best player, has moved to Chelsea for 12 frickin million!! Scott has been with Charlton ever since he was young and was brought up to the star he is today by Alan Curbishley, Charltons manager. Charlton rejected several offers from Chelsea already at the beginning of the year saying that they do not wish to sell one of their best players. The two fell out however over this and Scott had been dropped from several games. It was even rumoured that he was forced to train on his own. Charlton are a club that want 100% loyalty and what Scott has done has toally angered Alan Curbishley.''There are lots of players who will kiss the badge of your club one week then kiss the badge of another club the next. Scott has made it abundantly clear in more ways than 10 he didn't want to play for us anymore. His conduct in training wasn't what It should be. He has not been focused on what we are trying to doand he is not the same player when hes like that.''
''Ive known him for 10 years and told him if he worked hard, played well and continued to improve he would play for England and if would ever leave us it would be for a top, top club. But I'm not happy with the way the deal has been conducted and I'm not just talking about Scotty Parker. Maybe Chelsea want him because they see us as ther nearest rivals.''
''look at Charlton, you will not find another club like it. Last year Richard Rufus had his testimonial and John Robinson also had one and soon many more players will.''

Parker signed a 5 year contract last summer after reecting initial advances from Chelsea back then and inisisted Chalrotn matched his own 'Fiercely burning ambition'. Prker,23 will TREBLE the Ł16,000 a week he earned at the Valley as he most likely looks to life on the bench at Chelsea. Another player turn bad with money. Bye Bye Scotty.

yeah its a shame vin, but then again in some ways you can't blame him and they got a good deal for him. i have ntohing but total respect for charlton. they do things properly and alan curbishley does an excellent job. i can see brighton becoming like them or at least a strong div 1 team when we get our new ground becuase our chairman does things completely by the book and is honest and lets managers do their job. its slow work and unspectacular but after the nightmares we have had (and charlton had before) things are looking good. charlton stick to their principles and and all their good work has been paying off for quite a few seasons now :)

Depor_Vin 01-02-2004 19:08

EPL Results

Birm'ham 1 Newcastle 1
Charlton 1 Bolton 2
Fulham 2 Tottenham 1
Leeds 0 Middlesboro 3
Leicester 0 Aston Villa 5
Liverpool 0 Everton 0
Man United 3 Soton 2
Portsmouth 0 Wolves 0
Blackburn 2 Chelsea 3

Arsenal vs Man City being played..

Depor_Vin 01-02-2004 19:13

Arsenal 2 - 1 Manchester C

scoop 01-02-2004 20:02

since the whole issue ive been reading about jaime,i have check the scorers for hannover for the first time ever and see that jaime sanchez was one of the goal scorers.

hooray for jaime in hannover.

JW2 01-02-2004 20:05

@ all that can follow English football...

What is happening to my beloved Everton? Last year they were surprisingly good, but this year?? Well a draw in the Merseyside Derby certainly isn't bad, but overall it is a bad, bad season for them, right? Or were they overachieving last season?

Feliuk 01-02-2004 23:53

Last year after a lot of seasons near the bottom they had a very good season.They probably played above themselves but I'm afraid this year they are back to normal. Don't get me wrong they have some good players but not enough of them and not a good squad overall.

Depor_Vin 02-02-2004 11:11

Ive got a question, whats happned to Wayne Rooney?

Feliuk 02-02-2004 13:02

nothing last year he came in got a few goals and all of the sudden he is fantastic.Gets in the England side (In my opinion not merited) and now he is back to normal.

Depor_Vin 04-02-2004 18:28

Reyes scored a 'fantastic' own goal yesterday to help Arsenal go out of Carling cup. His goal was Middlesbrough's winning goal to go thru to the final. Poor Reyes. :(

Feliuk 04-02-2004 22:02

now,now Vin you are exagerating they went thru 3-1 on aggregate

Feliuk 06-02-2004 12:17

This is really for Eltim. Hibernian beat Rangers last night in the CIS semi on Penalties :)

Depor_Vin 06-02-2004 13:22

Really? hahahahahahahahahahaha!

anuroc 06-02-2004 20:45

I saw today a picture of the two Galicians playing in Scotland, David Fernandez and Novo because tehir teams played in that CIS tournament

Depor_Vin 07-02-2004 23:06

Saturday's EPL scores:

Aston Villa 2 - 0 Leeds U.
Bolton W. 2 - 2 Liverpool
Everton 3 - 4 Manchester U.
Middlesbrough 0 - 1 Blackburn R.
Newcastle U. 3 - 1 Leicester C.
Southampton 0 - 0 Fulham
Tottenham H. 4 - 3 Portsmouth
Wolverhampton W. 1 - 3 Arsenal

Feliuk 07-02-2004 23:12

and from the 2nd div Watford 2 - Sunderland 2 :(
Watford 2-0 up with 15 mins to go :( I went to the match and was happy for 75 minutes and then had to put up with a bad last 15 mins, how annoying.

JW2 08-02-2004 00:07

In case anyone's interested Saturday's scores from the Bundesliga:

Wolfsburg - Dortmund 2:4
Schalke - 1860 Munich 0:0
Hamburg-Bochum 1:1
Moenchengladbach -Bremen 1:2
Rostock-Freiburg 4:1
Kaiserslautern-Köln 1:0
Leverkusen-Frankfurt 1:2

tomorrow the clash of former Depor players

Bayern München - Hannover 96
as well as Hertha BSC Berlin - Stuttgart

Bayern is playing so bad these days (hopefully they will continue to do so...) that they lost in the German Cup 1-2 against a second division team - Alemannia Aachen.... Hope Jaime will score a lot tomorrow.. ;-)

Mattias 08-02-2004 00:15

Yes, good luck to Jaime and Moar!

Ekholm 08-02-2004 19:59

Bayern - Hannover 3-1

Makaay score one goal!!

JW2 08-02-2004 21:16

unfortunately, yes :(
But if Bayern plays like this against Real Madrid... RM can play with its B-squad...

Mattias 08-02-2004 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by jw2000de
But if Bayern plays like this against Real Madrid... RM can play with its B-squad...

That's good news ;) Hopefully they won't be very dangerous to the Madridistas.

Ralo 09-02-2004 00:16

I saw the Moenchengladbach - Bremen match, what a great game! I really like that Bremen side!

Ralo 09-02-2004 00:21

How about Roma thrashing Juve 4 - 0!! Hopfully we can do the same in three weeks!!

scoop 09-02-2004 03:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ralo
How about Roma thrashing Juve 4 - 0!! Hopfully we can do the same in three weeks!!

true true.what a great game.see the shot off the post from totti and cassano played well.