Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum

Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/index.php)
-   World Football (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   FIFA WC hosts 2018 & 22 (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7184)

Michał 02-12-2010 13:20

FIFA WC hosts 2018 & 22
 
Today hosts of the FIFA WC 2018 and 2022 will be announced. In 2018 European country will be host. Candidates: - Belgium & The Netherlands - England - Russia - Portugal & Spain 2022: - Australia - Japan - South Korea - Qatar - USA It is said that the biggest chances have Russia in 2018 and USA in 2022. While in 2018 I would be very happy to see Russia as the host, in 2022 I have no idea who to root for. In all 5 countries football is not very popular...

Filip 02-12-2010 13:48

as i wrote already in 'other world football':

lets hope that spain gets to organize the next world cup. Does it have any positive aspects on the riazor? like we'd getting money for reconstruction??

If not, i'd still route for spain/portugal anyway

ggeorg 02-12-2010 13:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filip
as i wrote already in 'other world football':

lets hope that spain gets to organize the next world cup. Does it have any positive aspects on the riazor? like we'd getting money for reconstruction??


That was discussed, in some thread. If Riazor is within the world cup games, of course there will be some improvements. But i think, that chances are against Riazor.

Anw, this has to do with Riazor, we won't get any money, neither us :D, nor Deportivo.

deporik 02-12-2010 14:01

If I was voting, I'd go for either England or Spain/Portugal in 2018 (probably slightly favor England tbh because I'd like to attend a WC game before I die :D)
and for 2022 I'd go for Australia followed by Qatar.

To be honest, Russia are probably the most deserving for the 2018 games as the other 3 have all hosted big comps in the last 50 years. My only concern with the Russians winning it, are the transport worries and its vastness as a nation.

Japan, Korea and USA have all hosted world cups fairly recently, which leaves Australia or Qatar. I'd prefer the Aussies because I think theyre more of a footballing nation but I reckon the Qataries would take it all very seriously and put on a decent world cup too.

Michał 02-12-2010 14:10

If I were to choose the closest one I'd go for Belgium & Holland.

I agree with Rik that Russia deserves for it mostly. The biggest problem though IMO would be big distance between the cities. But still - I want them to host it as it would mean new stadiums while in the most other countries the matches would be played at old (I don't mean bad) stadiums. I mean - OK, Camp Nou, Bernabeu, Old Trafford or Anfield are legendary stadiums and they have its soul, but WC in Spain or England won't mean such a big infrastructural improvement as it would mean in Russia (the same goes for EC 2012 and Poland & Ukraine). EDIT: LOL! There must sth like 2-3 thousand km between Yekaterinburg, Sochi and Kaliningrad :D

Filip 02-12-2010 14:19

i think the atmosphere would not be that great in russia as in spainish or english stadions, and that's coming after the horrendous sud-afrika games...

dj-origenal 02-12-2010 14:30

My part its all simple. I would like 2018 to go to Spain & Portugal mainly for the good of Deportivo if there's a chance Riazor would be chosen. Other than that I don't care...

ggeorg 02-12-2010 14:35

Pls no Qatar :D

Anton 02-12-2010 14:41

PLEASE PLEASE bring it here :D everyone here is so nervous about this result!! its literally life changing here. We are actually a footballing nation - more poeple play football here than any other sport by far. its more of a traditional reason why football doesnt rate much on TVs here (its only on pay tv and unlike europe not many people have pay tv).

This would honestly change australia forever...

In all honesty if qatar get it it would be a disaster. the heat is insane - yes the stadiums are cool but what about the streets? not to mention everyone packed into one centre could be massive risk of rioting etc... also you have to think about the laws there also... im not sure that would be the best candidate. I would say after Aus i would prefer it to go to usa.

In terms of 2018 - i think its russia or england.

The russian presentation i think was the best of anyones... I think england could have shown better clips of passion - u guys have the best crowds yet it was a little bit tame in my opinion.

Good luck to all (especially oz ;) )

Diligent 02-12-2010 14:41

My preference is as follows;

2018: Russia

2022: Australia

Anton 02-12-2010 14:42

dilligent - if only u were on the executive comittee lol

Michał 02-12-2010 14:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filip
i think the atmosphere would not be that great in russia as in spainish or english stadions, and that's coming after the horrendous sud-afrika games...

Don't really get it...there is amazing atmosphere in the east and Russia is not different. What can you tell me about atmosphere in Spain or England? Not even mentioning half-empty and silent Riazor, stadiums like Camp Nou or Bernabeu even full are nothing like eastern stadiums. The same about England (OK, it is a bit better there) - about 2-3 years ago there was UEFA Cup match between Tottenham and Wisła Kraków. I was watching it on the TV when my father entered the room and without looking on the TV screen said "I thought we were to play away". And yes, we did play away, but still 4,000 Wisła fans were louder than 40,000 Spurs fans. I know it's not the best example and it can't be presented as general view, but well...that's how it is IMO.

Filip 02-12-2010 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michał
Don't really get it...there is amazing atmosphere in the east and Russia is not different. What can you tell me about atmosphere in Spain or England? Not even mentioning half-empty and silent Riazor, stadiums like Camp Nou or Bernabeu even full are nothing like eastern stadiums. The same about England (OK, it is a bit better there) - about 2-3 years ago there was UEFA Cup match between Tottenham and Wisła Kraków. I was watching it on the TV when my father entered the room and without looking on the TV screen said "I thought we were to play away". And yes, we did play away, but still 4,000 Wisła fans were louder than 40,000 Spurs fans. I know it's not the best example and it can't be presented as general view, but well...that's how it is IMO.

poland is no russia.
When a european and an american team will play eachother in russia or in western europe, im sure that makes a difference. In russia you will have stadion filled (hopefully) with neutral supporters mostly, while in western europe you will very probably have a lot more native supporters.
And other things.


for the other one: i'd like most australia, but i'd choose quatar myself, just cause of time differences. Not interested in morning games :D

ggeorg 02-12-2010 15:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diligent
My preference is as follows;

2018: Russia

2022: Australia


Don't you wish, as Rik, to watch a world cup game?

Edit: Btw, agree with Filip! The supporters is what makes the atmosphere, i don't get how 50.000 Russians will make a great atmopshere in a Ghana-Ecuador game

Diligent 02-12-2010 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggeorg
Don't you wish, as Rik, to watch a world cup game


Well if England win the right to host the 2018 World Cup I will be happy, but Eastern Europe deserves to hold a major footballing tournement.

With regard to 2022, Japan and Korea have hosted to as recent as 8 years ago. My worry with Qatar is the heat at that time of year, therefore it leaves just the USA and Australia IMO. I would love it to be Australia as it will be a competition during the winter months down under.

Philip 02-12-2010 16:18

Go Australia! :D

Diligent 02-12-2010 16:22

Unconfirmed reports are that England went out on the 1st round of voting

deporik 02-12-2010 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diligent
Unconfirmed reports that England went out on the 1st round of voting


And that Qatar have got the 2022 WC :eek:

2018 - Russia
2022 - Qatar

is the rumour

Filip 02-12-2010 16:48

qatar! qatar!!!

no to morning games in icy temperatures!!



bah, russia won :(

caabrego 02-12-2010 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filip

no to morning games in icy temperatures!!





And what about us in this part of the world :sleeping:

Riazor warriors 02-12-2010 18:30

i feel strange..here in Jordan we were laughing when we heared Qatar Bid...!!!
a very small nation 1.3 M in 2009 with no history of football,competing with Usa Australia Japan & korea....a boiling heat in the summer even u can see empty stadiums in their league....

im so surprised anyway congrats to Russia,& congrats 4 Arabs 4 this Honour...
sure im watching 2022 :)

Shelvin 02-12-2010 20:51

Congrats to Qatar and Russia!
Just wish Australia had gotten it:(

Megalolz 02-12-2010 21:47

Its all about the money!!
FIFA is so corrupt omg
come on russia and qatar that smells funny.

Belgium&netherlands, spain&portugal or england should have been chosen

and in 2022 USA or Australia should have been chosen but not qatar

corrupt FIFA only for the money

where is the passion for the game?

AP 02-12-2010 22:02

I'm sending my best wishes to all English forum members! :jester:

Welcome to Saransk and Yekaterinburg! :D


Actually I cannot understand why England relagated after the 1st round. I considered England as the only serious opponent. At the same time I was pretty surprised that bankrupt countries' bid was even considered.

deporiginal 02-12-2010 23:14

I honestly think this is quite ridiculous.

For the 2018 bid, Russia was the worst of the four options, but at least it's a choice that I can understand. However, transport in that country is an absolute joke, infrastructure is simply not good for the moment, and it's also the worst choice when it comes to something as simple, but very important, like safety. While I agree it's nice an Eastern-European country gets it for once, I think we all know that had NOTHING to do with Russia being chosen. Fifa opted for the rubles. Belgium/Holland, England and Spain/Portugal would've all been nice choices, all with good transport possibities and atmosphere.

The 2022 world cup in Qatar, is unbelievable however. A small country with hardly a million people in population, pretty much in the middle of the desert where it's boiling hot in the summer, with no real football history of any kind, gets to host the World Cup. I mean, seriously? I knew Fifa was going for the money, but to chose both Russia ánd Qatar is absolutely ridiculous. Blatter's idiotic little speech just before the announcement, a speech I believe my kindergarten teacher gave me when I was three years old about winning and losing, lost all its credibility after the actual announcements. "It's gonna do great things for Russia", he says. Had Russia not had as much maffia money, it never would've gone to them.

I realise Fifa is a corporation and strives for money. I realise they can't just admit to that fact. But acting like they're a benevolent organisation that cares for people's well-being, that's just pushing it.

I'm not pissed because Belgium/Holland didn't get it or anything. I mean, it would've been the least lucrative for Fifa, so we all knew beforehand this was never going to work. I was still hoping for it, but I really was expecting that at least England or Spain/Portugal would grab it. I jokingly said Russia and Qatar would probably get it because of the money months ago, but I didn't really think Fifa would be so unsubtle to give it to them both instead of just one of them. I was wrong :D

Anyway, just look at how they voted. England just got 2 votes in the first round, while Belgium got 4. Then in the next round, Belgium managed to lose 2 votes. This simple fact shows you that some people voted for Belgium/Holland in the first round, so that they would finish in front of England, to make sure England would go out in the first round. After that they just changed their votes to Russia. England simply needed to go out in that first round. Of course, that's what they get for daring to show a documentary on how corrupt those Fifa assholes actually are.

Deporlover 02-12-2010 23:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riazor warriors
i feel strange..here in Jordan we were laughing when we heared Qatar Bid...!!!
a very small nation 1.3 M in 2009 with no history of football,competing with Usa Australia Japan & korea....a boiling heat in the summer even u can see empty stadiums in their league....

im so surprised anyway congrats to Russia,& congrats 4 Arabs 4 this Honour...
sure im watching 2022 :)


I disagree with you, Qatar was a big candidate and since Iam living in the Gulf reigon and visited Qatar before I can tell you that Qatar wil host won of the best world cups, they have a great undercontrsuction,infinite finanicial resources,it is small country which means transportation will be very easy between the stadiums and hotels and also for the fans and they will have covered staduims with air conditioning.
this win will for sure change Qatar and the whole region.
I am very happy for Qatar and all the people of the middle east.

Paul 03-12-2010 00:05

Very disappointing but the bid we launched was pathetic. If we can't win it now, then I can't see us being awarded it any time in the next 30 years.

Chris 03-12-2010 00:25

FIFA's rife with corruption. They can stick their World Cups.

Filip 03-12-2010 00:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by deporiginal
The 2022 world cup in Qatar, is unbelievable however. A small country with hardly a million people in population, pretty much in the middle of the desert where it's boiling hot in the summer, with no real football history of any kind, gets to host the World Cup.



it's not their fault it's warm there and that they're in the desert :p In Australia it would be cold and half the country is also desert :)

Mainly im glad for the time we're gonna watch the games. It's the only country of the cadidates what guarantees us decent showing times.

Michał 03-12-2010 00:48

Well, I can really understand all your concerns about Qatar I can hardly understand what do you have against Russia... OK, distance between the cities. And then what? Mafia? Come on, it's not 90's to talk about such a things. I'm not saying that all that money in Russia is legal, but saying that mafia controlls it sounds just funny. As I can't really see any disadvantages let's talk about advantages. Firstly - new stadiums. That's very important. Any other European choice would mean sth like 3-4 new stadiums and modernizating (or even not) other ones. I know that Camp Nou, Bernabeu, Old Trafford or Philips Stadium are fantastic and have its soul, but come on, they're the same stadiums that I remember from the time I was a kid. Nothing new. Russia means new stadiums. Secondly - OK, money. They're rich enough to organise it and guarantee it will be a good tournament. In addition they simply deserved for it - the biggest country in the world, very strong national team and strong league - the best choice IMO.

Qatar is a joke, but as I don't really give a f... about any tournament outside of Europe I'm at least happy about it because of the time zone.

Chris 03-12-2010 01:46

Russia hosting a World Cup isn't the problem.

After being given a perfect rating in The McKinsey report, only managing two votes is.

deporiginal 03-12-2010 02:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michał
Well, I can really understand all your concerns about Qatar I can hardly understand what do you have against Russia... OK, distance between the cities. And then what? Mafia? Come on, it's not 90's to talk about such a things. I'm not saying that all that money in Russia is legal, but saying that mafia controlls it sounds just funny. As I can't really see any disadvantages let's talk about advantages. Firstly - new stadiums. That's very important. Any other European choice would mean sth like 3-4 new stadiums and modernizating (or even not) other ones. I know that Camp Nou, Bernabeu, Old Trafford or Philips Stadium are fantastic and have its soul, but come on, they're the same stadiums that I remember from the time I was a kid. Nothing new. Russia means new stadiums. Secondly - OK, money. They're rich enough to organise it and guarantee it will be a good tournament. In addition they simply deserved for it - the biggest country in the world, very strong national team and strong league - the best choice IMO.

Qatar is a joke, but as I don't really give a f... about any tournament outside of Europe I'm at least happy about it because of the time zone.

I think you'd be seriously surprised how much of that Russian money has blood on it Michal. And besides, I really wouldn't want to walk through Russia if I was a supporter of Ghana, for example. The distance between the cities isn't the problem, it's the transport in the country that's a joke. Of course they'll work to improve, but simply put, out of the 4 candidates, Russia is easily the least safe, least capable and least accessible. But of course, they've got plenty of rubles to pass around.

The arguments you're giving are emotional arguments, and that's why I said I can still accept the choice for Russia. Unfortunately, there really are no practical arguments in Russia's favor. Also, you seem to act like they chose Russia for the arguments you gave. Which is not the reason why they chose Russia. Just look at how the voting went. Belgium/Netherlands was without a chance, because out of the 4 bids, Belgium/Holland would've meant the least amount of profit for the Fifa. However, England still managed to finish last because they pissed off the Fifa. It was easily the most solid bid, but it got two votes. There were tactical votes as well to oust England's bid in the first round. Some people didn't vote for the country they thought was the best choice, they voted for a bid they didn't care about in the first round just to kick out England. That pretty much says it all. You would expect the elite of such an organisation to honestly vote for what they believe is best. But they didn't. I know you like Russia out of sentiment Michal, but honestly, their bid was easily the worst of all. They didn't get it cause they have a "very strong national team" (which is debatable imo, but that's another matter), they got it cause they're rich.

The Fifa's image is getting worse each year, and this is pretty much the final nail in their coffin. Chosing both Russia ánd Qatar is the most blatant money-grubbing thing they did since as far as I can remember. This forum might be more neutral in its opinion, and of course plenty of people where you come from will have been rooting for the Russians. But besides those people, hardly anyone wanted Russia to pull through today. For most people who wanted to go to the World Cup in 2018, it didn't matter squat if they had to go Portugal, Spain, Belgium, Holland or England. As long as they didn't have to go to Russia. That's the painful truth.

Feliuk 03-12-2010 08:43

FIFA corrupt...hell yes they have always been and will always be while Blatter is in charge.
Russia I have no problem with they will get the stadiums built and the infrastructure working, as for mafia and blood money every country in the world has that not saying it's right but that is the way it is.
Qatar that is laughable a non footbvalling country with no history in football and smaller than most European big cities..ridiculous.
I'm not very PC and maybe I'm talking rubbish so maybe some of you here can enlighten me in certain points.Football is a festival, there is football but most of all there are people from all over the world coming together, fan parks, drinking, dancing, etc,etc. Now unless I'm mistaken how the hell will that happen in Qatar? will we see semi naked Brazilian girls or any other girls dancing on the terraces? will we see fan parks on the street with people drinking? will people be allowed to walk around kissing and holding hands unless they are married? I have no idea I doubt it so how the hell can they hold a world wide tournament.???

hari 03-12-2010 09:10

i agree that many other nations merited it before Qatar, but how on earth football can reach new audiences unless and otherwise, these type of nations are allowed to participate? dont anyone here think thats a valid point?
i respect you Feli but the last few points u mentioned really makes me laugh..:D

Michał 03-12-2010 09:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by deporiginal
I think you'd be seriously surprised how much of that Russian money has blood on it Michal. And besides, I really wouldn't want to walk through Russia if I was a supporter of Ghana, for example. The distance between the cities isn't the problem, it's the transport in the country that's a joke. Of course they'll work to improve, but simply put, out of the 4 candidates, Russia is easily the least safe, least capable and least accessible. But of course, they've got plenty of rubles to pass around.

The arguments you're giving are emotional arguments, and that's why I said I can still accept the choice for Russia. Unfortunately, there really are no practical arguments in Russia's favor. Also, you seem to act like they chose Russia for the arguments you gave. Which is not the reason why they chose Russia. Just look at how the voting went. Belgium/Netherlands was without a chance, because out of the 4 bids, Belgium/Holland would've meant the least amount of profit for the Fifa. However, England still managed to finish last because they pissed off the Fifa. It was easily the most solid bid, but it got two votes. There were tactical votes as well to oust England's bid in the first round. Some people didn't vote for the country they thought was the best choice, they voted for a bid they didn't care about in the first round just to kick out England. That pretty much says it all. You would expect the elite of such an organisation to honestly vote for what they believe is best. But they didn't. I know you like Russia out of sentiment Michal, but honestly, their bid was easily the worst of all. They didn't get it cause they have a "very strong national team" (which is debatable imo, but that's another matter), they got it cause they're rich.

The Fifa's image is getting worse each year, and this is pretty much the final nail in their coffin. Chosing both Russia ánd Qatar is the most blatant money-grubbing thing they did since as far as I can remember. This forum might be more neutral in its opinion, and of course plenty of people where you come from will have been rooting for the Russians. But besides those people, hardly anyone wanted Russia to pull through today. For most people who wanted to go to the World Cup in 2018, it didn't matter squat if they had to go Portugal, Spain, Belgium, Holland or England. As long as they didn't have to go to Russia. That's the painful truth.

From what I have noticed you think that I rooted for Russia because we like them and they're close. It's not like that at all. I guess it would have been easier for me to get anywhere from Brussels to London and Lisbon than to (the closest one) Kaliningrad, not even mentioning cities that are far away. So it's not because of distance at all. And it's not because I (we) like Russia. Come on, I guess Poland is one of the last countries that can say "we like Russia". Talking about old and the latest history we simply have no reason to like them. But still I wanted them mostly, because I believe that eastern countries deserve to organise such a tournament as well. And now yes - it is because I'm from the east. You say transport in Russia is a joke. I agree. But why don't recognize it as advantage - now they have a boost to improve that. Boost that any other host wouldn't have received simply because the transport is good out there. And it was the same about Poland&Ukraine vs. Italy. And football helped us improve everything right here. It's not comfortable for Ghana (African etc.) fans to travel in Russia? Why's that? Don't really get it.

ggeorg 03-12-2010 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michał
And it was the same about Poland&Ukraine vs. Italy. And football helped us improve everything right here.


As the 2004 olympics helped us here, for infrastructure and such...and now they're saying to us "so, you wanted glamorous olympic games, right? go and pay the bill now :D"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feliuk
will we see semi naked Brazilian girls or any other girls dancing on the terraces?


Is there any other reason really, to watch a world cup? :)

DepHun 03-12-2010 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by deporiginal
I honestly think this is quite ridiculous.

For the 2018 bid, Russia was the worst of the four options, but at least it's a choice that I can understand. However, transport in that country is an absolute joke, infrastructure is simply not good for the moment, and it's also the worst choice when it comes to something as simple, but very important, like safety.
.

What do you think how is the inside transport in South-Africa and Brazil? Is it better than the one in Russia?

About the safety: I can tell you once again to confirm this question for the previous hosts. And I am sure there will be a hundred police-men on every corner. or even more ;)

It is always nice to read comments like maffia, corruption when Chinese, Russians or Arabs are winning to host anything, and never when England (96 EC, 12 OG), the Adidas factory (06 WC), or the home of the (match-fixing) Maffia (06 OG) won it :)


I have just read Greg's comment about Eastern-Europeans loving the Russians, and I have to laugh heavily. Greg if you come here saying the Huns like the Russians, you would be beaten very-very heavily. Except myself, and some other leftish, the most desperately hate them, as it is in Poland. They say they invaded us, ruled and robbed out for 45 years. I am sure a Hun sport-diplomat would have never voted for the Russian campaign, even if getting huge money.

About the girls: Kurnikova, Dementieva, Sarapova, Kirilenko proves that Russian girls are more beautiful, than the Brazils... :)

Feliuk 03-12-2010 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by hari
i agree that many other nations merited it before Qatar, but how on earth football can reach new audiences unless and otherwise, these type of nations are allowed to participate? dont anyone here think thats a valid point?
i respect you Feli but the last few points u mentioned really makes me laugh..:D


How is holding the WC in QATAR going to bring you new audiences? Evryone watches football anyway via Tv or internet, by holding it in Qatar it isn't going to bring you any more audiences.
The last few points might make you laugh but they are still unanswered, the WC is going to a country with no tolerance for drinking and where women have to be covered...why take it there!!!!!

Crocodile_Dundee 03-12-2010 12:51

Money talks..........

South Africe, Brazil, Russia and then Qatar why don't they just give the next world cup to North Korea and then the Faroe Islands. Russia and then Qatar is hardly fan friendly the bunch of corrupt bastards.

Feliuk 03-12-2010 12:55

nah China will be the next one!!


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:53.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.