Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum

Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/index.php)
-   Former players & coaches (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Former Depor Coach: Natxo González (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8956)

caabrego 31-05-2018 12:11

Former Depor Coach: Natxo González

Full name: José Ignacio González Sáenz
Date of birth: 29 July 1966 (age 51)
Place of birth: Vitoria-Gasteiz, Spain

Career:
1992–1994 Ariznabarra
1994–1997 Alavés (youth)
1997–1999 Alavés B
2004–2007 Reus
2007–2011 Sant Andreu
2012–2013 Alavés
2014–2017 Reus
2017– Zaragoza

caabrego 31-05-2018 12:12

He will be the new coach

Promotions to Segunda A with Alavés and Reus
Now he has put Zaragoza into the promotion zone to Primera.

hari 31-05-2018 12:49

he did well with Reus last year and with Zaragoza this year.. but why is he not continuing at Zaragoza who are already in the playoffs?

ggeorg 31-05-2018 13:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by hari
he did well with Reus last year and with Zaragoza this year.. but why is he not continuing at Zaragoza who are already in the playoffs?

Can this be considered a good season with Zaragoza? I haven't followed them. On paper they were supposed to be the strongest side (with Gijon and Valladolid) but finished below the direct promotion places, with two underdogs getting those promotion spots....

Blue_Nation 31-05-2018 14:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggeorg
Can this be considered a good season with Zaragoza? I haven't followed them. On paper they were supposed to be the strongest side (with Gijon and Valladolid) but finished below the direct promotion places, with two underdogs getting those promotion spots....

I remember their beginning was quite poor, at matchday 21, half of the season, they were 17th, and it seems the coach was lucky not to be fired by then. This 2nd half of the season they are having better results, thanks also to the great performance of Galician forward Borja Iglesias (25 years old, 22 goals this season, on loan from Celta)

caabrego 31-05-2018 14:51

Quote:

The problem is that you are judging them by their names, Sporting, Valladolid and Zaragoza are historic clubs, but aren't the strongest sides at Segunda. Zaragoza was the 9th lowest salary cap this season (5 million). Barca B had the triple and is going dowm. Granada also had the triple and won't even make it to the playoffs.

Zaragoza was a broken team, and this guy put them back into competition, but it lasted as the team only started to win in the second round.

Marci 14 31-05-2018 16:08

Interesting choice. I've expected someone with more impressive background. At first view I have doubts that he is the right one for us.

hari 31-05-2018 16:17

in the second round they managed 14 wins, 2 draws and 4 losses with one game remaining.. anyway, he has been termed as a traitor by the newspapers in Zaragoza as this news could affect them in their playoffs..

http://zaragoza.eldesmarque.com/nues...raicion#!/gdpr

ggeorg 31-05-2018 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by caabrego
The problem is that you are judging them by their names, Sporting, Valladolid and Zaragoza are historic clubs, but aren't the strongest sides at Segunda. Zaragoza was the 9th lowest salary cap this season (5 million). Barca B had the triple and is going dowm. Granada also had the triple and won't even make it to the playoffs.

Zaragoza was a broken team, and this guy put them back into competition, but it lasted as the team only started to win in the second round.

I had read about Barca B having the highest budget, but didn't know Zaragoza was so low in budget.
Cheers Carlos!

Well, it puzzles me, a guy on his way up in this second round, quitting this project....
Is the depor offer such "inspiring"? Interesting....

Filip 31-05-2018 21:25

Quote:

I had read about Barca B having the highest budget, but didn't know Zaragoza was so low in budget.
Cheers Carlos!

Well, it puzzles me, a guy on his way up in this second round, quitting this project....
Is the depor offer such "inspiring"? Interesting....

Exactly. This guy smells. He should have kept it quiet at least.

deporenrique 31-05-2018 22:09

Yes, I am not sure who leaked this info, but it will definitely harm him in the playoffs. Carmelo knows him well, so we have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

hari 15-06-2018 12:55

It's official now, comes with a 1+1 contract in case of promotion.. Welcome:)

caabrego 15-06-2018 13:22

He is coming with a keepers trainer
Some progress at least :D

deporik 15-06-2018 13:54

If he doesn't pay his get out clause what will happen to us?

hari 15-06-2018 14:02

Zaragoza can sue us for announcing, right? From what I read, the money has been deposited in the LFP this morning by Natxo(as per rules) but it takes a bit of time to get to Zaragoza.. so no problems I guess..