View Single Post
Old 18-03-2004, 15:34   #12
alan partridge

alan partridge is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varsh150783
38.8 million, 58.8 million are the population of the two nations.In england the whole nation watches soccer...cos most of the population is distributed in the major cities where there is some sort of soccer action going on...and in most cities there are two or three clubs...

In spain some clubs in the outskirts or small towns...depor is an example...

There are only two major cities: Barca, Madrid..rest are hardly developed...thus ppl cant afford it...thus you cant get enough ppl to support teams thus you dont have attractive cheering....and you blame it on crowds??

varsh, i don't like to be rude but you really don't know what you are talking about.

i wonder what the spanish members of our board think about your statement that:

'There are only two major cities: Barca, Madrid..rest are hardly developed...thus ppl cant afford it..'

the rest of spain are all living in mud huts and farming villages are they? have you ever been to spain? a coruna? seville? san sebastian? valencia? granada? toledo? do you know that spain has one of the fastest growing economies in western europe?

oh and only 5 cities (i think) have 2 teams in them in england (bristol, stoke, birmingham, manchester, liverpool), london ofcourse has many more. so thats another thing you are wrong on.

get your facts straight before you claim things