Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Gaming Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gaming Forum From any kind of console and PC games to online or flash games, this is the place to discuss anything related to gaming.

Old 24-11-2005, 15:23   #16
Feliuk
Administrator

Peņa Member

Feliuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Feliuk

All ready had that one covered and will wait for PS3

They were bound to make mistakes as they bought it out too early to get in there before the PS3.

Still the UK won't have PS3 until Dec 2006

Feliuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2005, 15:32   #17
Luis Fabiano
Super-Seasoned

Luis Fabiano is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge
Hope you guys stay cool and don't waste your money in the Crash-Box 360, but wait for PS3!!!
Haven't you heard from the thousands of complaints of ****-Box 360 just ONE day after selling started in the US??

The crap appears to crash after only 30 minutes or when connecting to Suck-Box-Live (or whatever that online service is called...), Quake 4 plays with stuttering graphics, Collission detection in Madden NFL 06 is failing, Box crashes after playing just ONE round of Project Gotham Racing 3 ... these are just some examples of complaints that fill different forums already.... AFTER ONLY ONE DAY!!!!

Even Microsucks officials told press that the 'Problems are bigger then expected' and users with overheating boxes should prepare for 4-6 week replacement periods...

Here are some pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/80491849%40N00/

I just luuv it when MS looses money!!

I already payed for it and will receive mine on saturday

About the problems check here:

http://next-gen.biz/index.php?option...720&Ite mid=2

and I've read that Sony employes are helping the spread of those news..

Anyway I'll post my impressions on sunday or monday...

BTW Jogre, how much are you deep in the gaming world?? do you play often??
Luis Fabiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2005, 15:34   #18
Luis Fabiano
Super-Seasoned

Luis Fabiano is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feliuk
All ready had that one covered and will wait for PS3

They were bound to make mistakes as they bought it out too early to get in there before the PS3.

Still the UK won't have PS3 until Dec 2006

M$ was trying to rush the console so they can have a one year advantge over Sony..

And Feliuk you can always Import
Luis Fabiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 16:51   #19
Julen
Administrator

Peņa Member

Julen is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Julen Send a message via Skype™ to Julen
Exclamation XBOX Sale

If you are interested in buying a XBOX, I'm selling one at ebay. http://cgi.ebay.es/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8775458414&rd=1&sspage name=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Its a very interesting pack consisting in Xbox console, 2 controllers, dvd kit, and 10 games:SSX Tricky, Fifa Football 2005, Fifa Football 2004, Oddworld Munch Oddysee, Dead or Alive 3, Grand Theft Auto Vice City, Grand Theft Auto 3, Rallysport Challenge, Futurama, Project Gothem Racing y Splinter Cell

This whole pack is valued in 500€ or more and the bid starts at 120€. I have to sell it cos I don't have time anymore to use it and I dont want it to get older and older while any of you can be enjoying it. Think about it

Last edited by Julen : 05-03-2006 at 00:59.
Julen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2006, 19:16   #20
Julen
Administrator

Peņa Member

Julen is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Julen Send a message via Skype™ to Julen

Just to say that I updated the sale http://cgi.ebay.es/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8796909622&ssPageName= ADME:L:LCA:ES:11
Julen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 13:40   #21
Leon
Banned
Peņa MemberBanned

Leon is an unknown quantity at this point

Julen, did you finally sell it?
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2007, 02:47   #22
scoop
Site Team

Peņa Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

what's the difference between an xbox 360 core and premium...besides the hardrive?

any other difference in performance? also the memory cards that you use if you dont have a harddrive, whats the best size to buy? what use is an xbox core without the memory card? can i save at all?can i use a normal usb flash drive as a memory card?

thanks

Last edited by scoop : 15-06-2007 at 02:50.
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2007, 13:50   #23
Joak

Joak is an unknown quantity at this point

i hate xbox!. ps2 is best and ps3 looks smuud
Joak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2007, 18:03   #24
deporiginal
Legend
Peņa Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoop
what's the difference between an xbox 360 core and premium...besides the hardrive?

any other difference in performance? also the memory cards that you use if you dont have a harddrive, whats the best size to buy? what use is an xbox core without the memory card? can i save at all?can i use a normal usb flash drive as a memory card?

thanks

I was thinking in buying one myself lol. I think the premium just has more accesory's like that headset. In Belgium you also get a xbox live gold card (one month only) with it, but I don't know if that's the same for your country. The core has a wired controller, while in the premium the controller is wireless... I personally would just buy the premium, cause that 20 Gb harddrive is very convenient. I don't know how you could save your game without a harddrive, perhaps you can use the old memory card system or something? No other difference in performance though, you just get a lot of extra stuff in the premium package.

I read there's a new package coming too, the elite or something. It has a HDMI output and a 120 Gb harddrive. I wouldn't go for that though, as I don't think I'd ever use a full 120 Gb. And I don't need that HDMI output as I don't have a HD tv.
Old 24-06-2007, 14:35   #25
scoop
Site Team

Peņa Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

i prematurely bought the core on ebay because i got a good deal....then we got a HDD and wireless control at an even better deal so I should be ready to go when they all arrive, hopefully tuesday
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 16:13   #26
Leon
Banned
Peņa MemberBanned

How's your Xbox 360, Scoop? Any others with this console?
I'm considering to buy one, and would love to hear about fellow Depor supporters commenting on either Xbox, PS or Wii.
Old 11-09-2007, 16:24   #27
deporik
Chief of Police

Peņa Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a Wii and all I can say is that it's alot different than any other console I've ever played on.

Never before have I been really exhausted from playing a computer game but the Wii actually gives you a good work out if you play the sports type games and it's really much more interactive and sociable than anything I've seen before.

I've always been a Sony man and never bothered with anything Nintendo before and to be honest, I wouldn't have ever got a Wii if I hadn't played on our next door neighbours one night.

The Wii is great in multiplayer mode, and on Wii Sports, the tennis is brilliant. The bowling makes for a great game too but beware of overdoing it when you do the boxing. The boxing is extremely hard work on your arms and you wake up the next day feeling like someone has stuffed iron plates where your arm muscles used to be. The baseball is a bit hard ad the golf is pretty good and all those games are on 1 disc.

The only downside to the Wii, is that there does not seem to be the same variety yet in the games made for the console. Apparently, they'll be stepping this up before Christmas but I'm not sure if you'll be able to take advantage of the Wii's extra interactiveness with games like RPG games.

I don't regret getting ours at all and if you don't mind the occasional work out, I'd recommend it. Just make sure you keep your wrist strap on.
Old 11-09-2007, 20:48   #28
deporiginal
Legend
Peņa Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I bought an Xbox and I'm quite happy with it. It's basically the same as a Playstation 3 imo, and a lot cheeper. Xbox live marketplace is great too, you can download free demos of any game you want. I heard a lot about DVD's getting scratched, but I think that problem is gone now. My xbox stands "vertically" all the time, and I never had a single problem.

A friend has a PS3, and he is actually regretting it. He says the console makes ridiculously lots of noise. And well, it's true, as I heard it myself a couple of times when I'm at his place. He literally said that ps3 isn't worth all the money. Games are all quite the same as on xbox, graphics are the same, etc. Another thing, as PS3 uses Blueray, games are a lot more expensive. So if I was you, I wouldn't go for a PS3, as you get more value for your money with an Xbox. I can't comment on Wii though. I'm just the kind of guy who likes to sit down and relax, so I personally would never buy a Wii But that's up to you of course.
Old 11-09-2007, 21:35   #29
Megalolz

Megalolz is on a distinguished road

my nephew has a ps3 and the graphics are better then xbox or other consules but after two hours or something the ps3 becomes very hot
the ventilator isnt working good enough and a friend of mine has the same problem with his ps3
i have ps2 and i am happy with it
Old 12-09-2007, 08:32   #30
Leon
Banned
Peņa MemberBanned

Thanks guys for your opinions. If I had Riki's great physics the Wii would be a great option..... But sitting on the couch suits me better too....

I've noticed that most of the games that I like are aimed at Xbox and not at PS 2/3 or Wii.

Are there clear comparisons between Xbox360 and PS3 with graphics or are differences minimal (and do opinions simply depend on the owner)? I mean, I can't imagine one game at one console looks very different on another console of the same generation.