Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > World Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

World Football For other football that's not related to Depor. For example: the Primera División, Segunda División A, Segunda División B, the Champions League, EURO 2008, the World Cup 2010, Italy, England, Germany, Turkey etc.

Old 16-10-2014, 13:55   #61
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

nice to see a good, healthy discussion.. but back to the topic please!!
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2014, 14:26   #62
vlada

vlada is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
I'm not sure if we have any Albanian members here...

But it's nice that there are some Serbian members..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip
Serbian FA should be punished for the poor organisation of the match. But Albania should be banned from the competition.

Couldn't agree more! And I won't comment any other posts regarding this 'interesting' topic..
Old 16-10-2014, 15:24   #63
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

George, what happened against Northern Ireland?
The shock result of the week, for sure.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2014, 15:55   #64
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Why should Albania be banned?

There's so much tension between Serbia and Albania, when you put them against each other in a football match, you know something is gonna happen. They should've never been placed into the same group, period. The Uefa was asking for trouble. As soon as they were placed in the same group, you knew the game between them wouldn't be about football. You knew something was gonna happen. When I hear people say that Serbia should be punished for poor organisation, it kinda makes me laugh. Sure, perhaps they could've done better, but there is no way at all to correctly organise a game like this. Unless they organised the game at a secret location without any publicity whatsoever, which is complete nonsense as well. When it comes to this game, the Uefa is 100% to blame.

When I said they should be less agressive, I meant it in general. The majority of Serbs claim Albanians are scum, and the majority of Albanians claim Serbs are scum. It's a bit ridiculous, and quite frankly, a little barbaric. Watching from afar, the whole situation is laughable. The main problem is, and will always be, poverty and lack of education. Get your priorities straight instead of fighting and slaughtering each other. Unfortunately, that will never happen. They're all just people like you and me, most of them just puppets of propaganda. The biggest Albania-hating Serbian could've easily been the biggest Serbia-hating Albanian, had he been born to different parents. It's a shame a lot of people there don't realise that.

By the way, I thought Medunjanin was one of Bosnia's best players against Belgium. Here's hoping he can start doing the same for Depor. I think he needs to get a more offensive role in our team.

Last edited by deporiginal : 16-10-2014 at 16:13.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2014, 17:25   #65
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack
George, what happened against Northern Ireland?
The shock result of the week, for sure.

Greater Greece (to follow the trend ) will strike again

I can even give chances to Faroe fishermen to advantage from such a group

Oh, and another comment btw, Rik and Kalman (if i remember right) that were not much enthusiast in the idea of getting Mitroglou during the summer were very right!!
The guy is like those veterans that are tributed 10 years after retiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip
Balkan is a rotten ground in so many ways. So many times I feel ashamed to be from this part of the world, like the other day. We are all ****ing animals.

Boooooooooooo!!!!!

Balkan is cool, just exaggerating some times, but good at heart, like Obelix or sth
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2014, 18:43   #66
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually the Bosnian fans were awesome against Belgium. Both groups of fans even came together after the match.

The problem is the "us against everyone else in the world" attitude a lot of people in these Balkan countries have. And many of them take that to the extreme. No offense, but whenever a Belgian team draws a Balkan team in European matches, the reaction is, "oh crap." Simply because when you play one of these teams, there's always a group of people from there who are living in Belgium who come together and start tearing down bars in the city center, or the stadium, for no apparent reason.

I'm not racist by any means, otherwise I wouldn't have friends from these countries, but the unfortunate truth is that the good ones are the exception. I've lived in Gent for many years now, and I can write books about the things I've seen. There are people who have lived here for 3 generations, and their kids STILL don't speak a word of Dutch. Mind-boggling. I'm actually working on a project about language in schools right now, it's part of my job, and all of it is just shocking. Another fascinating thing is that some schools are full of Turkish and Moroccan people. Both of them accuse Belgians of treating them like crap, saying that we're racist. Yet Turkish and Moroccan people are constantly fighting amongst themselves as well, calling each other morons and idiots themselves. The word racist is being thrown around way too much here. And well, the sad truth is that these groups simply walk through the streets together, shouting and insulting everyone who passes by. And if you're alone and you just look in their direction, you risk getting beat up. Their parents don't watch over them at all, they're allowed to go out even on schooldays... It's a huge problem.

Anyway, I went completely off-topic. If we are allowed to continue this conversation, we'd probably better go to an off-topic thread.

Last edited by deporiginal : 16-10-2014 at 18:55.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2014, 01:58   #67
Philip
Veteran
Peña Member

Philip is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Philip

Why shouldn't Albania be banned? They flew the drone to the stadium, with a flag that was not Albanian, but the flag of Great Albania, which consists of parts of Serbia, Macedonia and Greece as well (helloo, fasciscm), they started a fight with Serbian players when one of them put the flag down in order to continue the match, they were defended by Serbian players afterwards, and they wouldn't continue the match, because clearly they've planned all of that.
I agree with you Greg, there was no way to organise this match properly, but these teams were drawn toghether. You say how Albanians have their reasons to hate Serbs. They do. But, shit, we all (quite a bunch of people) hate each other here. Serbs hate Croatians, Croatians hate us, Albanians hate Serbs, we hate everyone It's ****ed up. There is a tension between every nation that belonged to former Yugoslavia. I am not talking about everyone of course, but those, ill people prevail, unfortunately. And yes, as you said, those are the brainwashed ones.
But, let's talk about that match only. We can blame UEFA. We can blame the parties involved, Albania and Serbia. And lets be fair (with all the things from the history put aside, as they should be), it was all provoked by Albanians.

And yes, Greg. Great match between our teams, and great atmosphere amongst the fans. Does Belgium always plays their home matches in Brussels? I am thinking of attending the away match (if our coach gets sacked)

Yes, George, good at heart, but sadly only minorities. We have all the wars to witness the opposite.

And your third paragraph of the second post is exactly why I feel ashamed, among the other shit we do at our home countries, Greg. Sadly, well described. I know a lot of examples personally.

Last edited by Philip : 17-10-2014 at 02:10.
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2014, 08:09   #68
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iztok
Yes - Vojvodina with its mixed population. Are there any indpendant tendancies there?
The teritory is the same within Serbia, as it was before in Yugoslavia.

And I disagree that the borders changed, they didn't, they stayed the same as in Yugoslavia despite the warlords attempts.
In any case we can expect 7 or 8 ex-Yu states (or maybe provinces) within the EU in the future.
Except Srbija! They are the "evils". Thanks Vlado, for your wisdom here.

Forgot to congrat to Kevin for the nice point.

Last edited by DepHun : 17-10-2014 at 09:26.
DepHun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2014, 11:13   #69
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok Kalman I will stop here - we are not talking to eachother, but past eachother.
And to George, I couldn't agree more, people from Balkans are really nice and good at heart, the only problem is that we tend to be too gulible and then stick to what brainwashed us without critical objections.

I also watched a bit of the Bosnia game and have to say that Medunjanin really is a good player, but needs to show that in our shirt aswell. He fought well, moved alot and showed some nice tehnique and vision. Like I said he is one of our prime possetions and Victor needs to guide him to become the leader and to do his work properly. I am said to hear that Cavaleiro wasn't very well with the U - 21, it could inflence his confidence that he had in our shirt.

Nice result Kevin, really great in fact.
Old 17-10-2014, 16:23   #70
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Yeah, the Irish point is massive. Totally lucky, but this Germany is undergoing a makeover right now and their defence is really dodgy. Still expect them to top the group though and can't see the Poles taking a point there. But, they have got the 3 points at home already and I can't see us matching that in Dublin. Keeps us in the hunt anyway.
Old 24-10-2014, 10:35   #71
Marko
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Marko is on a distinguished road

On the end, here is the decision of UEFA for the match Serbia-Albania.

3-0 win for Serbia, but they have 3 points penalty, so both of the teams have 0 POINTS from this game.

Both teams have 100 000 euros penalties and Serbia will play two home games without audience.
Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2014, 12:31   #72
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

That seems to be a very sensible punishment for both teams.
Anything about the return fixture?
Old 24-10-2014, 16:45   #73
walex
Peña Member

walex is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to walex Send a message via Yahoo to walex

Our player most be in spaii team for the Euro 2016
Old 14-11-2014, 09:54   #74
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Scotland v Ireland tonight in Celtic Park.
Hope there's no trouble at the game or around the city and that the only (sporting) battle is on the pitch.
I'll drink a single malt Glenfiddich to celebrate if we win!
Old 14-11-2014, 10:17   #75
walex
Peña Member

walex is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to walex Send a message via Yahoo to walex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack
Scotland v Ireland tonight in Celtic Park.
Hope there's no trouble at the game or around the city and that the only (sporting) battle is on the pitch.
I'll drink a single malt Glenfiddich to celebrate if we win!

I pray u guys win so that u can cash your fun Rack