Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > World Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

World Football For other football that's not related to Depor. For example: the Primera División, Segunda División A, Segunda División B, the Champions League, EURO 2008, the World Cup 2010, Italy, England, Germany, Turkey etc.

Closed Thread

Old 24-09-2009, 19:17   #1
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spain | Primera División & Copa del Rey | 2009/2010

This is the thread to discuss on this season's La Liga.

After 4 games, this seems like a race for two, Barca and Real Madrid.
Old 24-09-2009, 19:37   #2
Adi
Peña Member

Adi is off the scale

And La Liga became boring :/ The only interesting thing for us is where Deportivo will end...
Old 24-09-2009, 19:54   #3
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

well, i think it's pretty exciting last year was also a two-way issue. But this time the two top teams are more even (still Barca ahead of course, they have the same team practically. Ibrahim does score a bit more than i expected/hoped he would.) I can't deny that i watch all Barca and Real games now. That's the beauty of Perez' ideology. You can tell what you want, but it brings something extra. In this case more tense in the title race and a nice CR7 vs Messi all year long. CR7 is also doing better than i expected.

Depor, i see somewhere in the half of the table for most of the season
Old 24-09-2009, 20:59   #4
The DK Blanquiazul
Peña Member

The DK Blanquiazul is on a distinguished road

I think it's very exciting as well, still completely hooked, think I watched 9 out of 10 games last weekend.

The RM-Barca battle is not yet exciting, they are simply two steps ahead of everyone else and haven't met any decent opponents yet. (well, with one obvious exception)

But, what I find very exciting at the moment are the crises that Atletico and Villarreal are experiencing. Villarreal miss Marcos Senna badly, and Rossi and Llorente have been very poor so far. It could take a while before they get back on track. Even more interesting, we have the poor Pathetico in huge trouble. Their president is, to say it lightly, an idiot, and the balance on the team is simply awful. Their central defense is horrible, Pablo and Juanito are slow, Ujfalusi too and although he wasn't impressive, selling Heitinga to Everton does not seem to improve the situation, and the defense in general is way below the quality of the other top teams. I think they will get severely punished at the Vicente Calderon, fans against them from minute 1 and the opponents counterattacking - average Almeria with the not-so-tall couple of Piatti and Crusat inflicted some serious damage, while Racing should have won their game. If just their powerful attack gets worse as well, it could be a very fun year.

Down at the bottom, Xerez are simply doomed, poorest team in Europe does not seem only to be a statistical fact - at least I believe they're close to it. Zaragoza have surprised me negatively as well, Arizfuera continues with his incapability of scoring goals(the two he got was a tackle goal and one of his volley things he had here as well) In the game against Valladolid especially, Pennant gave him one sweet pass after the other, but nope, nothing. Didn't expect otherwise, but the fact that Uche has yet to score surprises me a lot. (Injury now I think, but in the first couple of games)
Anyway, the team should definitely be strong enough to stay up, but I don't believe they'll reach Europe at all. I however think this of a lot of teams, Almeria, Athletic, Malaga and Osasuna too seem to fit this category.
Final promoted team, Tenerife, has a decent chance of staying up. Like Numancia last year, their home ground is strong, they only need to add a few more points away as well.
Mallorca had some easy games, but despite being above where they should be in the table, they do not look like a team that will be in trouble. Gijon look a lot stronger this year in defense, looks like a team capable of staying up. Racing should be a bit worried, I think Geijo is a bit too far from the level of Zigic, but has been a tough schedule so far. A couple more games will show things more clearly.
Getafe shocked me yesterday, would like to know how much did they paid for Pedro Leon. Finally there's Espanyol, if Sahar, Callejon and Coro step up their game, they look quite strong, unfortunately. I'd put us around the same category, wrote another post too, we just need to start getting into a good rhytm, then this team has great potential. But a bad row of games and we could be in trouble. Above us, Valencia looks bad in defense, Villa-Silva-Mata is, however, just too much quality. Sevilla look to me like they could repeat their isolated third position from last year. Not enough to get up to the big two, and the teams behind haven't showed good enough signs so far.

So, all in all, very excited for this season. Sporting v Zaragoza in just a minute.

1-0 Sporting. Quite undeserved and lucky, too.

Last edited by The DK Blanquiazul : 24-09-2009 at 21:33.
Old 24-09-2009, 21:47   #5
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

By the way, in the new table page you can follow the scores live and also to watch the current standings: http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/page.php?cid=13
Old 25-09-2009, 15:47   #6
dj-origenal

dj-origenal is on a distinguished road

For you Danny, Getafe paid €4 million for Pedro Leon

Old 25-09-2009, 19:51   #7
The DK Blanquiazul
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj-origenal
For you Danny, Getafe paid €4 million for Pedro Leon
Wow, well that's a great deal for them. Already last year showed his class and was one of the reasons for Valladolid's great first half of the season. Geta could be very dangerous this year.

Old 25-09-2009, 20:32   #8
Ralo

Peña Member

Ralo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabrego
By the way, in the new table page you can follow the scores live and also to watch the current standings: http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/page.php?cid=13
Very nice!
Old 25-09-2009, 20:39   #9
dj-origenal

You are a fan of him it seems.. Don't forget to select him in your fantasy team

Old 25-09-2009, 20:44   #10
The DK Blanquiazul
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj-origenal
You are a fan of him it seems.. Don't forget to select him in your fantasy team
Dj, don't worry, you will get competition from me this year. No more Copa from me.

Old 25-09-2009, 21:16   #11
dj-origenal

Quote:
Originally Posted By The DK Blanquiazul
Dj, don't worry, you will get competition from me this year.

Maybe the best thing I can do is to not participate this season...

Quote:
Originally Posted By The DK Blanquiazul
No more Copa from me.

No doubt, I will take the copa as well..

Last edited by dj-origenal : 28-09-2009 at 19:08.
Old 26-09-2009, 11:22   #12
Diligent
Veteran

Peña Member

Diligent is an unknown quantity at this point

La Liga will be attempting to compete for a larger slice of the televison market in mainly Asia by switching games to 3pm on Saturday afternoon.

The plan to move La Liga's schedules to a traditional English kick off time was confirmed by Spanish League director, Francisco Roca. "The short-term aim is to give games a time slot that allows maximum coverage in Asia. This season we can begin to have games in Spain at 3pm local time, which will be 9pm prime time in China."

Last edited by Diligent : 26-09-2009 at 11:27.
Old 26-09-2009, 11:30   #13
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

As long as they don't arrange games to be played in other countries (that was discussed as well ), this seems a nice decision.

On the one hand, i like things keep in tradition, on the other hand, worldwide fans desreve their slice in the pie so that seems fine.
Old 26-09-2009, 13:29   #14
The DK Blanquiazul
Peña Member

No, bad idea IMO. Atm, I'm even against the 18.00 CET-games, 20+22 Saturday, along with 17+19+21-games on Sunday, works excellently.

Old 26-09-2009, 13:36   #15
Diligent
Veteran

Peña Member

Diligent is an unknown quantity at this point

From what I am reading, they will use the " El Classico" as a trial. On matchday 12, Real Madrid travel to the Camp Nou.

Last edited by Diligent : 26-09-2009 at 13:52.
Closed Thread