Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 03-01-2016, 21:46   #1
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation
Default LIGA | Jan-03-2016 | matchday 18 | 18h15 | Depor 1 - Villarreal 2 | post-match

I haven't been so mad since a long time ago
Old 03-01-2016, 22:20   #2
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

Unfair result huge mistakes by the referee some bad decisions and 0 points.
I can't say Navarro's intervention was not a penalty.
But then for sure we had 2 clear penalties and the ref whistled an inexistent foul which led to corner and then goal for them.
Hats off to our team. All the players really wanted to win this game and they tried almost everything, but the conditions were against us. If Lucas had scored just after our equalizer we could have won with difference I think, killing them with counter-attacks, but it did not happen.
In general I'm very happy with the performance of the team we really outplayed the 4th place in La Liga and definitely did not deserve to lost.
I think the subs didn't work this time and we need another "dangerous" striker this winter we can't really rely only on Lucas. He missed 2 chances the last 2 games and we ended up with just 1 point. We need another striker to compensate when Lucas is not having a good day.
Cardoso really seemed not confident at all, but also the game was tough in the last 15min., just when he entered or we just expect too much from him after his great debut.
Next week tough game against Real Madrid.
Old 04-01-2016, 01:25   #3
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Our first half was decent, the second we have seen the ambitious depor.

things that victor needs to fix

1- was really clear that Fajer is not comfortable as a wing where he disappears, so it is better to play him as a playermaker.
2-- Fede still didnt learn the lesson, with these horrific wide shot from outside the penalty area
3- Mosquera's performance has dropped! He needs competition and maybe the best is to see Haris in the bench.
4- Lucas again for the second game is being individual wasting scoring opportunities
Old 04-01-2016, 09:40   #4
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

This is a kick up the ass for us. Lesson = take nothing for granted.
Bottle the anger and take it out on Mirandes and RM.
No words can describe the Arribas penalty incident. And Lucas' miss after we equalized was a shocker.
Nothing to worry about if we keep playing like this.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 10:14   #5
Carril
Veteran
Peña Member

Carril is an unknown quantity at this point

As disappointed as everyone else. The point appeared to be sealed with 1 minute left and a throw in our favor in Villarreal's side of the field...it really is unbelievable how this happened. And especially a veteran like Navarro. I thought he should've been benched for Luisinho, but Navarro played well defensively the first 92 minutes, only to throw it away with a horrible mistake.

Ultimately our goal is to stay up, so we have to keep that as our objective and focus. But still, what a depressing way to enter a 3 game road trip (mirandes, madrid, real sociedad).
Carril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 11:44   #6
istike
Seasoned Member

istike is an unknown quantity at this point

Meh, thats pity... We were playing good football and this defeat was not deserved at all. Of course, sh.t happens in football, but still, this is so disappointing. However Carril is right, we need to stand up and bounce back now, because finally we ha ve a team which is capable of doing that.
Old 04-01-2016, 17:41   #7
deporenrique

deporenrique is on a distinguished road

1- Navarro makes these stupid fouls in the box (like against Celta). Oh btw, it was a penalty...
2- Arribas deserved a penalty as well when their goalie punched him in the face.
3- Mosquera's level did drop a little bit, mostly in the distribution. He was good defensively.
4- Fajr is NOT a winger!
5- Lucas should have scored that chance he had. Even easier than the one he had last game (after having finished dribbling two players)
deporenrique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 01:52   #8
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

I saw many Villarreal games this season and usually they are very dangerous in attack but we did well to disallow them to play their game. I think we did well in the game and that is why i feel we deserved at least a point.

Navarro penalty was a huge mistake that made mad. I was shocked honestly, a player with his experience doing this in the last second against a direct rival...!!!
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 03:27   #9
nitraM
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

nitraM is on a distinguished road

you guys say it was a penalty but he didnt use his hands he put his chest up to him. This is a mens football league not a kids league there is never gonna exist a moment when a player does not have someone on him in the box. The body was completely legit the dive after was over exaggerated and a pity. From the refs angle i completely understand the call it looked like he tossed him with his hands but he didnt just gave him a little body.

I also thought stopping mid penalty wasn't permitted but I guess i was wrong as well. The finish to that match was a shame.
nitraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 16:11   #10
Crocodile_Dundee
Veteran

Peña Member

Crocodile_Dundee is an unknown quantity at this point

Played superbly especially in the second half and we limited one of the in form teams in Europe to a only a handful of opportunities. The referee was an absolute disgrace. It seems that Gk's are allowed to get away with fouls like that (just look at Neuer poleaxing Higuain in the WC final).
Crocodile_Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 01:41   #11
nitraM
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

nitraM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocodile_Dundee
Played superbly especially in the second half and we limited one of the in form teams in Europe to a only a handful of opportunities. The referee was an absolute disgrace. It seems that Gk's are allowed to get away with fouls like that (just look at Neuer poleaxing Higuain in the WC final).

To be fair as long as the goalie touches the ball its really not a foul sadly. But when its messi crashing into a keeper its a penalty!
nitraM is offline   Reply With Quote