Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > World Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

World Football For other football that's not related to Depor. For example: the Primera División, Segunda División A, Segunda División B, the Champions League, EURO 2008, the World Cup 2010, Italy, England, Germany, Turkey etc.

Closed Thread

Old 21-11-2005, 16:33   #991
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

OK I'll ask just one last time and then I'll give up as my head is starting to hurt.

Has anyone got a LINK to any site that has the confirmed seeds?

Whilst those seedings that you gave are very probable caabrego, I'm still unsure as to whether they are correct as it seems that FIFA themselves have not quite decided how they are going to work out the seedings just yet.

Edited to add: I found this while looking.

Quote:
FIFA’s executive committee won’t decide until just before the draw on the formula this time around.

“The seeded teams won’t just be decided on their FIFA ranking, but also on results obtained in the 1998 and 2002 World Cups,” FIFA president Sepp Blatter said. “With the selection procedures, I think the national teams of Holland and England have reason to be worried. Even Italy may not get a place.”
Old 21-11-2005, 17:03   #992
Crocodile_Dundee
Veteran

Peña Member

Crocodile_Dundee is an unknown quantity at this point

I was wondering what happens to the likes of New Zealand, Cook Islands etc. come the next qualifying campaign?? Do they like Australia come up against the Asian teams??
Old 21-11-2005, 17:09   #993
Feliuk
Administrator

Peña Member

Feliuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Feliuk

As far as I know Australia are moving out of oceania region to asian region.

The oceania teams will still compete in their region and the winner will have a play-off' as Australia have done for the past 4 years.Who they play I suppose will be decided later on but it shouldn't be too dificult for who ever they meet!!

Old 23-11-2005, 06:21   #994
Anton
Site Team
Peña Member

Anton is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Anton

Thats exactly right!!

basically the aussies left to asia but everyone else will stay! the aussies are the only nation to go to asia.

but i think oceania is a very bad confederation! the only good team was us when u think about it - we used to play a c team and win every tournament! the reason we left was because basically everyone hated us!! we would beat them then they'd complain! the oceania region really hated australia. but they have shot themselves in the foot. if we had of stayed we MAY have got a direct place for next wc, thus oceania would be better off. now, they have NO chance and only 1 nation has competed in an international tournament in the last 20 years apart from australa - and thats NZ at the confeds cup a couple of yrs ago (our c team lost) and they got thumped out of the tournament. honestly they deserve a 1/4 spot now. there is just no quality there. the fact that fifa dont fund the region is another reason for the weakness of it...

whats worse is we give oceania as much funding as fifa. and what do they give us in return - hatred.
Old 23-11-2005, 09:24   #995
Lebn8r
Retired Admin
Peña Member

Lebn8r is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seba Taborda
Q: Uruguay out of the World Cup. An upset?
A: Truly unbelievable. A shame! impotence!.... to lose in that way against Australia... A dark day for us. Impossible to imagine how that hurts

Hahaha...!! ForZa Australia...!

Old 23-11-2005, 14:33   #996
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Maybe El Salvador should move his ass to Oceania
Old 27-11-2005, 12:44   #997
Anton
Site Team
Peña Member

Anton is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Anton

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

i think thats the reason uruguay lossed - arrogance! the truth is and forssatti admitted it - Uruguay despite playing us 4 yrs ago did not know ANYTHING about australian players or football. only the known ones. he recently said bresciano was unknown lol hes our best player lol well done uruguay

and yeh we know how it hurts!! 32 years of losing EVERYTIME @ the last qualification match!! TRY THAT ONE ON SEBA - IT HURTS MORE!! TRUST ME - me and lebn8r know for sure!
Old 02-12-2005, 15:53   #998
Feliuk
Administrator

Peña Member

Feliuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Feliuk

Xavi has ruptured his cruciate ligament and will be out for at least 6 months.So very Doubtful for Spanish squad!!!

Old 02-12-2005, 16:42   #999
Lebn8r
Retired Admin
Peña Member

Lebn8r is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe this could be Sergio's opportunity to impress Luis...!

Old 02-12-2005, 16:47   #1000
Fabian
Peña Member

Fabian is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebn8r
Maybe this could be Sergio's opportunity to impress Luis...!

Maybe, but then he has to impress us too. ATM, his game isn't even close to justify international presence. It doesn't even justify presence in the Depor lineup, alas.
Old 03-12-2005, 15:26   #1001
Luis Fabiano
Super-Seasoned

Luis Fabiano is off the scale

Do you guys think that Saudi Arabia will get their @SS kicked like 2002??

I hope not

I wish we could have the same team as U.S.A 94
Old 03-12-2005, 15:57   #1002
Fabian
Peña Member

Fabian is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Fabiano
Do you guys think that Saudi Arabia will get their @SS kicked like 2002??

I hope not

I wish we could have the same team as U.S.A 94

Me too...
Old 05-12-2005, 17:10   #1003
Donato
Veteran
Peña Member

Donato is an unknown quantity at this point

Senna, Fabregas feature in Spain's World Cup plans
By Simon Baskett

MADRID, Dec 5 (Reuters) - Spain coach Luis Aragones has included Brazilian-born midfielder Marcos Senna, Arsenal player Cesc Fabregas and Barcelona duo Oleguer and Andres Iniesta in a 33-strong World Cup get-together next Monday.

Villarreal midfielder Senna has produced superb form for his club this season and is eligible to play for Spain having acquired dual nationality and never appeared for his native Brazil.
Fabregas and Iniesta are among the likely candidates to provide cover in the centre of midfield if Barcelona playmaker Xavi fails to recover from a serious knee injury before next year's World Cup in Germany.

Deportivo Coruna midfielders Pedro Munitis and Juan Carlos Valeron and Real Madrid players Ivan Helguera and Guti were also named in the party that will meet up in a Madrid hotel to discuss World Cup preparations.

Munitis, who has put in some fine displays for Deportivo this season, last played for Spain in February 2002 while Valeron, Helguera and Guti have recovered form after fading out of the reckoning over the last year. Newcastle United striker Albert Luque, Deportivo midfielder Sergio and Betis playmaker Alberto Rivera were surprise omissions, while there was no space for anyone from high-flying Primera Liga outfits Osasuna and Getafe.

Liverpool players Luis Garcia, Fernando Morientes, Pepe Reina and Xabi Alonso were included but have been exempted from the meeting because of commitments at the World Club Championship in Japan later this month.

Captain Raul and Barcelona playmaker Xavi, whose participation in the World Cup has been thrown into doubt because of serious knee injuries, will also attend the meeting.

Spain finished runners-up behind Serbia & Montenegro in Group Seven, but qualified for their eighth successive World Cup via the playoffs after a 6-2 aggregate victory over Slovakia.

They are scheduled to play just one warm-up match on March 1 before next year's World Cup.

Get-together squad:

Goalkeepers: Iker Casillas (Real Madrid), Pepe Reina (Liverpool), Victor Valdes (Barcelona)

Defenders: Antonio Lopez (Atletico Madrid), Pablo Ibanez (Atletico Madrid), Oleguer (Barcelona), Carles Puyol (Barcelona), Juanito (Real Betis), Asier del Horno (Chelsea), Joan Capdevila (Deportivo Coruna), Ivan Helguera (Real Madrid), Michel Salgado (Real Madrid), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), Carlos Marchena (Valencia)

Midfielders: Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal), Jose Antonio Reyes (Arsenal), Andres Iniesta (Barcelona), Xavi (Barcelona), Joaquin (Real Betis), Pedro Munitis (Deportivo Coruna), Juan Carlos Valeron (Deportivo Coruna), Ivan de la Pena (Espanyol), Luis Garcia (Liverpool), Xabi Alonso (Liverpool), Guti (Real Madrid), David Albelda (Valencia), Ruben Baraja (Valencia), Vicente (Valencia), Marcos Senna (Villarreal)

Forwards: Fernando Torres (Atletico Madrid), Fernando Morientes (Liverpool), Raul (Real Madrid), David Villa (Valencia)
Old 05-12-2005, 17:12   #1004
Donato
Veteran
Peña Member

Donato is an unknown quantity at this point

Smart ball will not be used at 2006 World Cup-FIFA
LEIPZIG, Germany, Dec 5 (Reuters) - The smart ball containing an electronic chip will not be used at the 2006 World Cup, FIFA said on Tuesday.
"We consider the technology is not yet ready," FIFA general secretary Urs Linsi said.
The technology, designed to rule out mistakes on goalline decisions, was tested at the World Under-17 Championship in Peru.