Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 01-07-2020, 02:23   #1
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation
Default Jul-05-2020 | matchday 38 | 17h00 | Depor - Huesca | Match thread

Montero is back, but Uche Agbo could miss the last games for his injury.
Old 01-07-2020, 08:56   #2
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Another day in the office...we will be given two red cards and two penalties against, we will be losing 2-0 by 95' and score 2 goals in the last 30sec for a 2-2 draw.
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 15:13   #3
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hopefully Peru will return to cover the loss of Uche.
Old 01-07-2020, 18:48   #4
Mr Pink
Occasional Member

Mr Pink is on a distinguished road

Ok, so after yesterday's penalty against us (which wasn't reviewed) and then watching the Barca v Atletico game, where subsequentially, there were two ridiculous penalty decisions, (again, NONE of which were reviewed by the referee) I started to investigate WHY???

Apparently, the refs can only review a decision if they are advised to do so by the idiots sat in the VAR control room. Neither the penalty against us or the two in the Barca/Atletico game (the second Atletico penalty is just unbelievable - Carrasco trips himself up with no one within 5 yards of him - must have been a socially distancing foul!!!) were advised to be reviewed by the VAR panel.

My point is, we are getting mad with the ref(s) - I know I was when actually, it's the dumb asses in the control room who need to be reprimanded for the amateur mistakes they are making. They need to be fined, banned or my preference would be to give them The Heretic's Fork, which was a special torture device during the Middle Ages which had two spiked ends, was attached to the victim's neck and only removed after the wearer had spoken the words, "I recant."
Old 01-07-2020, 18:49   #5
Mr Pink
Occasional Member

https://youtu.be/CryjvegXMcI

1:06 for the invisible foul
Old 01-07-2020, 20:38   #6
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink
Ok, so after yesterday's penalty against us (which wasn't reviewed) and then watching the Barca v Atletico game, where subsequentially, there were two ridiculous penalty decisions, (again, NONE of which were reviewed by the referee) I started to investigate WHY???

Apparently, the refs can only review a decision if they are advised to do so by the idiots sat in the VAR control room. Neither the penalty against us or the two in the Barca/Atletico game (the second Atletico penalty is just unbelievable - Carrasco trips himself up with no one within 5 yards of him - must have been a socially distancing foul!!!) were advised to be reviewed by the VAR panel.

My point is, we are getting mad with the ref(s) - I know I was when actually, it's the dumb asses in the control room who need to be reprimanded for the amateur mistakes they are making. They need to be fined, banned or my preference would be to give them The Heretic's Fork, which was a special torture device during the Middle Ages which had two spiked ends, was attached to the victim's neck and only removed after the wearer had spoken the words, "I recant."

it really makes no sense that the office guys have the last word - they are far away from the plays although have hundres of cameras and point of views - which again makes their decision easier however they don't bother to re-watch a play ? Sounds really strange. If I was a referee I was going to feel ashamed.
Old 01-07-2020, 20:52   #7
american123
Seasoned Member

american123 is off the scale

Lugo's win over Numancia leaves us 4 points clear of the relegation zone. Big game on Sunday with a "long" rest.
american123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 23:05   #8
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
https://youtu.be/CryjvegXMcI

1:06 for the invisible foul

watch it again, there was clearly contact that made him fall. But not intentional contact.
Filip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 08:45   #9
Mr Pink
Occasional Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filip
watch it again, there was clearly contact that made him fall. But not intentional contact.

I don't see it - but to be fair I do wear rather thick glasses!!!
Old 02-07-2020, 09:26   #10
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

VAR is killing football...It was supposed to intervene in clear and decisive mistakes (a clear mistake requires 15-30sec revision), and now they are spending ages on revising random plays, making the wrong decisions after long revisions, deciding that every touch on the rival is a foul, or every touch in a hand is a handball, then let clear mistakes go un-revisited etc.

A proper mess
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 11:22   #11
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I don't see it - but to be fair I do wear rather thick glasses!!!

His right feet touched the other guy's kneecap, obstructing its trajectory and due to the time-limitation caused by the obstruction, he can't get his feet on time back where it's supposed to land and thus he trips over his own other leg. It's a real freaky fall and he runs pretty unorthodox.
Still, the thing you're right about is that also I wouldn't consider it a penalty. But perhaps, according to the literal rules, it was one.

Last edited by Filip : 02-07-2020 at 11:25.
Filip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 14:05   #12
american123
Seasoned Member

american123 is off the scale

Peru is still out, Uche out for the season, and Dani doesn't look like he will play. May be our first look at Jovanovic and hopefully Gandoy as well.
american123 is offline   Reply With Quote