Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > The Fan Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Fan Forum The perfect place to arrange match meet-ups, post your photos, videos, wallpaper designs, animations and other stuff related to Deportivo La Coruña.

Old 18-09-2018, 19:19   #1
Diligent
Old Fogey

Peña Member

Diligent is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Zaragoza Copa del Rey

Another crazy journey begins again, early on Wednesday morning to catch a coach from Brighton Bus Station at 04:40 for the short journey towards London Gatwick Airport. My flight for Madrid left the United Kingdom at 07:25 and duly arrived on time at 11:00 in the Spanish capital. From Terminal 1, I hopped on the free connecting bus to Terminal 4 from where I used the local Cercanias train for the 30 minute journey to Atocha train station. With over an hour spare before my AVE train departs for Zaragoza I decided have a spot of lunch and a beer followed by a couple of my legendary coffees

The journey of about 1 hour 20 minutes passed in no time at all and checked into my hotel about 16:00 which gave me just under 5 hours before kick off. After a shower and a coffee (not at the same time ) I made my way towards the stadium to purchase my ticket for the game. To my surprise they had a section for the Depor fans at €15 by the corner flag. With the match ticket in my pocket I headed off for a pre match meal.

I arrived at stadium about half an hour before kick off. Being a working day I didn't think any would traveI from A Coruña, so I guess many of the fans were local to the surrounding area. Some fans were in the next sector, so after 10 minutes of the match starting stewards moved us to that sector making us a little more vocal. In total I think there were around 20-30 (I could be wrong) deportivistas inside La Romerada.

With regard to the game we were very poor in the 1st half. Much improved performance in 2nd half and had enough chances to win the game. A couple issues for me. Carles Gil is so reliant on his left foot, somebody needs to tell him he's got another foot available lol. Watching those short goalkicks from the stands requires a health warning IMO. Overall a decent performance, shame about the result.

Made my exit and my way back to the hotel, and then the reverse journey back home the next morning.

¡Forza Depor!

The team bus outside the stadium

The view from the away sector before we were moved 10 minutes into the game.

Another view from the away sector. I believe the young lady on the far left of the photo is a legendary fan who may reside in Zaragoza.

Thanks Xosé for the help

Last edited by Diligent : 19-09-2018 at 09:05.
Diligent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2018, 22:30   #2
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road

I always love reading these travel stories, thanks a lot for sharing, Miles!

PS: to upload pictures, you can use this free site to upload them: https://postimages.org/ and then could post the photos or the links here in the forum.
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2018, 05:55   #3
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

very nice
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2018, 12:45   #4
Iztok
Seasoned Member
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

Great. So nice to hear these fan reports. Miles I hope you had a wonderful trip.