Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 17-02-2005, 22:38   #16
Nuruldin
Seasoned Member
Peña Member

Nuruldin is off the scale
Send a message via ICQ to Nuruldin Send a message via MSN to Nuruldin Send a message via Yahoo to Nuruldin

When i use Google translator they translate always deportivo as Sport.. or Sport-One..

And the team is Royal Club.. isn't it..

Vorza Depor..

Official Peña Member No. 0017
Nuruldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2005, 22:46   #17
ruvignaldi

ruvignaldi is off the scale

Real Club Deportivo La coruna=Royal sport club La Coruna!
I think that every football club in spain has RCD title in his name.
ruvignaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2005, 22:50   #18
Ekholm
Veteran

Peña Member

Ekholm is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ekholm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugary Tea
Those of you who have met the players, which ones are nice to meet and which ones aren't so friendly?

My friend watched a training once and stayed to ask for autographs afterwards. He said that Mauro Silva was very kind and happily stayed to sign a few things and I think he posed for a photo together with my friend too.
But Tristán was very rude. He just pushed my friend away and continued walking.
Ekholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2005, 23:09   #19
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Those of you who have met the players, which ones are nice to meet and which ones aren't so friendly?

I've met the players on a few occassions at Abegondo and on our trip to Santander in December and I have to say that they I've never seen any of them flatly refuse to sign anything or pose for a photo.

It has to be said though, that on each occassion, it was a very relaxed atmosphere, there weren't loads of people hassling them all at once and my Spanish is not good enough to have too much of a conversation with them anyway

I have always found Luque is surprisingly one of the most easy going and at the training ground he came over to have a photo taken with my boys and then after he had eaten, he even came over to say goodbye to us all. Little things like that go a long way as I know a lot of people think footballers are arrogant and self centred.

Capdevilla was also brilliant in Santander when we asked him to sign some Depor gear. He had his back to us when we asked and we hadn't realised he was actually using his mobile phone . Rather than refuse or be annoyed at the interuption, he put his friend on hold and signed all our gear before getting into the elevator with our pen lid. He then realised he had it and nearly got his hand caught in the elevator door whilst trying to stop it from shutting. I don't have a clue what he was saying as he was laughing at the whole comedy of errors but we all thought it was funny

Pandiani was fine signing things at Abegondo when I saw him but in Santander he looked liked he had just been told he wasn't in the starting 11 and although he signed, he looked really angry when he came out the elevator.

My best signing though was probably Irureta. We weren't in the bar when we got his autograph and there was hardly anyone else about so I was a bit more confident at speaking in Spanish. He was really friendly and seemed really pleased that we had travelled from the UK to see Depor. He asked where I was from and after I told him, he went on to tell me that he remembered when he was younger that there was a ferry that went from Bilbao to Southampton. Stupid stuff really but it was great to see Irureta laughing and looking really happy and I really appreciated the time he had for us. He even got one of the coaching staff to take a photo of us all later that night.

TOP STUFF!!!!!!!!
deporik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2005, 23:22   #20
A.Houston
Site Team
Peña Member

A.Houston is an unknown quantity at this point

Cool!

"I can't believe the ref didn't see it," said Valera, blood pouring down his face. "Did he think I did it myself? I'm not capable of head-butting myself in the face, you know."
A.Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2005, 11:17   #21
BeachBoy
Peña Member

BeachBoy is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to BeachBoy Send a message via Yahoo to BeachBoy

wow ur so lucky deporik
Old 18-02-2005, 11:58   #22
Carlos
Seasoned Member

Carlos is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats really cool Deporik!!!
Old 18-02-2005, 12:13   #23
Feliuk
Administrator

Peña Member

Feliuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Feliuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruvignaldi
Real Club Deportivo La coruna=Royal sport club La Coruna!
I think that every football club in spain has RCD title in his name.

Again it's Royal sporting club of La Coruña !!!!!!

If it was Royal sport club La Coruña = Real Club Deporte La Coruña

And a lot of teams have the Real bit BUT NOT deportivo

Feliuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2005, 12:17   #24
Feliuk
Administrator

Peña Member

Feliuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Feliuk

I never personally met any of the players, But see Irureta walking on the 'Paseo Maritimo' outside my mums house often.

I also see Mauro as he lives in one of the penthouses in the hotel by my mums house.

I use to see his wife before she returned to Brazil a few years ago.
I personally never spoke to her but my mum said she was a very pleasant woman and would always say hello to the locals.

Feliuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2005, 21:22   #25
gabi
Super-Seasoned

Peña Member

gabi is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to gabi

I want a depor logo to my selfphone! Where can I get it? A picture on a player or the "depor logo".
Old 24-02-2005, 02:52   #26
Olli

Olli is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I want a depor logo to my selfphone! Where can I get it? A picture on a player or the "depor logo".

Quote:
Is there a special reason that Depor uses blue and white?

Quote:
How are our youth teams progressing???...Do we have them???

and if so do we have any more "SuperFrans" in the pipeline???

Anybody knows answers to these questions?
I'd very much like to know about our B-team too... future stars just waiting for their change there?
Olli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2005, 08:21   #27
Varsh150783
Seasoned Member

Varsh150783 is off the scale

No special reason for blue and white I suppose....

Youth system is not very good yet!!....We have Pita but I dont reckon he is a SuperDepor type.
Old 24-02-2005, 09:42   #28
zepp
Seasoned Member

zepp is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli
Quote:

Quote:
Is there a special reason that Depor uses blue and white?

Quote:
How are our youth teams progressing???...Do we have them???

and if so do we have any more "SuperFrans" in the pipeline???

Anybody knows answers to these questions?
I'd very much like to know about our B-team too... future stars just waiting for their change there?

Don't know about the logo.
About the colours... The colours of the Galician flag are white and blue. Traditionally, it was just plain white but during the 19th century, it was added a blue band (in fact the flag of the Navy department of A Coruña), maybe because emigrants to America thought that it was the official one. In any case, blue is very closely related to Galicia.
zepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2005, 09:54   #29
zepp
Seasoned Member

zepp is an unknown quantity at this point

About the youth teams: Depor has a B-side playing in the third division. It's always a candidate for moving up to 2-B (English second division). Best players are:
David Yañez (GK): Not the most talented but right now is the second lest surpassed keeper in the third division (more than 200 teams).
Antonio (CD): Trains quite often with the first team. I think he has already played two or three friendlies.
Cancela (LB): Played a friendly match with first team but Irureta thinks he has not the constitution to become a pro.
Pita (MF): Good pass and shot but lacks grip of the game. Trains with first team and he's the leader of Fabril but...
Xavi Seco (RM): discarded by Barça B, good but needs more talent to play pro. Trains sometimes with the first.
David Carril (LM, F): probably the best player. Lacks consistency but if coaches take care of him, he can become a pro easily (is quite young). Good dribbling skills and last pass. He missed the beginning of the season but now is on the line-up.
Jonathan (F): brother of Ivan. Top scorer of the team.
Pepe (F): The most talented forward, he has lots of trouble with injuries. Won't make it.
Xisco (F): Has played a friendly with the first team but he lacks quality. Personally, I think he's the worst forward of Fabril.
J. Rodriguez (F): right now is outloaned to a second division team. He was topscorer of the third division last year and even played a friendly with the first team (scoring a goal against Lugo). After he's loan, he's not doing very well: has scored a couple of goals but his teams are not the best and from september to December played for a very defensive Canarian team (Castillo).

Depor also has two under-18 teams. "A" plays in group 1 of the Premier but stays at the middle of the table. "B" plays in First Division (Regional) and leads the classification, just like all the other youth teams of Depor (under-16, under-14, etc.).
Some of this players are pre-selected by the national teams but they usually don't make it through the final cut.

Ah, and Depor supports the local teams giving them some money. SOme players of these teams represent Depor in the most important under-12 tournament in Spain (Brunete). We usually are one of the worst teams.
zepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2005, 13:03   #30
Ekholm
Veteran

Peña Member

Ekholm is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ekholm

That's awesome, zepp!! Thanx for the info!
Ekholm is offline   Reply With Quote