Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruņa here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 30-09-2007, 18:01   #1
deporik
Chief of Police

Peņa Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Liga 30-09-2007 Espanol 1v0 Deportivo (Post Match Comments)

If this was a weather report, you'd have to say today was cloudy but at least there was a silver lining to this cloud.

On the negative side, we dropped points yet again against a team that shouldn't really be regarded as a much better team than us. We failed to find the net yet again and if we can't score against Almeria, Recre, Espanol and Getafe, we're very likely to struggle next month when we face much stronger rivals. If it was cloudy today, the clouds coming our way are full of thunder, lightning and lots of rain.

On a positive side (and maybe I am clutching at straws here, we actually peppered their goal alot more than we have done, so far this season. Before, we were moaning because we created nothing but at least we managed to bother Kameni today. If we could only be a bit more lethal. By all accounts, it sounded as if we played a bit better too, which is encouraging but unfortunately, we're already at the worrying stage where lucky points from bad performances would be more welcomed than nothing from a good performance.

Last edited by deporik : 30-09-2007 at 18:04.
deporik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2007, 18:02   #2
Benn
Veteran

Peņa Member

Benn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Benn

Shots(on goal)
Espanyol 6(2)
Deportivo 15(5)

Possession
Espanyol 37%
Deportivo 63%

Corners
Espanyol 2
Deportivo 3

Saves
Espanyol 5
Deportivo 1

Look at these stats!! They are positive but Im pissed we couldnt take advantage of them!!
Old 30-09-2007, 18:03   #3
tsapa
Super-Seasoned
Peņa Member

tsapa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to tsapa

Just watched the highlights. Xisco, Lafita and Guardado had unbelievable chances to score. We had to score at least from one of them. No doubt Kameni was the man of the match. Espanyol had one real chance and they knew how to take advantage of it.
Old 30-09-2007, 18:04   #4
Penguin66
Veteran

Penguin66 is off the scale

If we get a point in the next 3 games,it'll be a miracle...I don't think the things will change soon...
Old 30-09-2007, 18:05   #5
deporiginal
Legend
Peņa Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Good performance my ass. The scoring problems remain. It's not because we had a "good performance" today, that we'll have one next week.

Three coaches have failed to get something out of this team,in the past 3 years. The support of the fans seems to be gone. What the hell is wrong with this club??
Old 30-09-2007, 18:07   #6
aldo
Super-Seasoned
Peņa Member

aldo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to aldo Send a message via MSN to aldo

I got to see the second half, and you really can't blame the players for not having tried. I've never see this team fighting that much, and yes, even Sergio was trying very hard and did well. And they also played some really good football but we were very very very unlucky. Maybe the weakest point were the strikers who failed to score on good opportunities. If we keep on playing like we did today there's no need to worry, I just hope the players know it something to build on instead ofbeing depressed.
aldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2007, 18:08   #7
Barkoty
Legend
Peņa Member

Barkoty is on a distinguished road

It's good to see our boys create some chances, but creating chances won't earn us points unless we score...
Old 30-09-2007, 18:09   #8
ggeorg

Peņa Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm strugling to find sth positive, but can't...i'm starting to think that from now on we will see regularly a Depor that sucks and can't take positive results and occasionaly a Depor that play good football, create lots of chances...but still can't get results...

This is a high alarming situation. If we don't get points against Sevilla, Valencia and Real we will be at the bottom of the table...

So how could we win these kind of rivals, if we can't win Recreativo, Almeria or Espanyol?
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2007, 18:11   #9
deporiginal
Legend
Peņa Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorg
So how could we win these kind of rivals, if we can't win Recreativo, Almeria or Espanyol?
Well, sometimes Depor gets motivated for these kind of games. Other times we get hammered 4-0 for those kind of games Let's just hope for the best
Old 30-09-2007, 18:13   #10
The DK Blanquiazul
Peņa Member

The DK Blanquiazul is on a distinguished road

We're doomed... For now at least.

We need at least 4 points in October to hang on a little... A draw against Sevilla and a win against Mallorca, and I'm much more than satisfied! We simply can't get points against Real Madrid or Valencia - zero chance IMO.

However, it's nice to see Lotina tries to make the offensive changes, tries to give the youngsters a chance. There's still much left of the season...

The DK Blanquiazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2007, 18:15   #11
Tomek
Peņa Member

Tomek is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Tomek

When we suck (like last wednesday) we can't score and when we play good... we still can't score. Things are getting worse and worse. I'm depressed. I lose my faith in this team. Every day I have stronger feeling that we will end in Segunda
Old 30-09-2007, 18:19   #12
ggeorg

Peņa Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DK Blanquiazul
We're doomed... For now at least.

We need at least 4 points in October to hang on a little... A draw against Sevilla and a win against Mallorca, and I'm much more than satisfied! We simply can't get points against Real Madrid or Valencia - zero chance IMO.

However, it's nice to see Lotina tries to make the offensive changes, tries to give the youngsters a chance. There's still much left of the season...

We can't get points against Valencia at Riazor???? I think you mistakenly thought that we play in Mestalla, can't believe that you think an 100% defeat against our loving rival at riazor
Old 30-09-2007, 18:22   #13
romero forever
Super-Seasoned

romero forever is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to romero forever

Quote:
A draw against Sevilla

Sevilla will destroy us

We have more chance against Valencia or Madrid
Old 30-09-2007, 18:23   #14
The DK Blanquiazul
Peņa Member

The DK Blanquiazul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorg
We can't get points against Valencia at Riazor???? I think you mistakenly thought that we play in Mestalla, can't believe that you think an 100% defeat against our loving rival at riazor
We haven't won at Riazor against them for years... Don't see why this one should be different. But I damn hope you're right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by romero forever

Sevilla will destroy us

We have more chance against Valencia or Madrid
Yeah totally, ineffective Sevilla, at the 13th spot, who might save Kanoute for the game, will destroy us, while the leaders, Real Madrid, and a team we haven't beat for years at Riazor, Valencia, will have trouble beating us...

Last edited by The DK Blanquiazul : 30-09-2007 at 18:26.
The DK Blanquiazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2007, 18:27   #15
ggeorg

Peņa Member

Quote:
We haven't won at Riazor against them for years... Don't see why this one should be different. But I damn hope you're right!

I see your point but it's not a matter of statistics, its' a matter of a wounded Depor against Valencia at Riazor...and is as well my wounded pride that spoke, so maybe i'm wrong, but there is no chance to think that we can't win Valencia at Riazor