Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruņa here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 02-12-2007, 20:26   #46
Riki

Riki is on a distinguished road

pathetic Loterina
Old 02-12-2007, 20:43   #47
Donato
Veteran
Peņa Member

Donato is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporik
We didn't play well this week, not many people would dispute that.

That's an understatement-losing at home to a team below us should be deemed as unacceptable-though after too much longer there won't be any more teams below us to lose to.

Quote:
But I can't go along with all this kneejerk stuff that we need to sack Lotina already. Sacking Lotina won't be the equivalent of waving a wand and turning our squad of inexperienced players into experienced superstars. It won't make our wall stay together when the opposition gets a free kick at the edge of our box.

I don't think that it is a kneejerk reaction-it's december we have won 3 in 13 and average a point a game-how much worse does it need to get?

No replacing the coach will not be a magic wand and to be honest i'm not really that fussed about the coach, the players apparent apathy worries me far more. Though if they aren't motivated alone by playing for us then the coach should motivate them, something that he appears incapable of doing, if he can't do it then some kind of motivational coach is a priority.

I don't want experienced superstars i'd take a team of Donato's and Fran's any day of the week. In fact maybe getting relegated will be good and we can get rid of the people that are happy for the wages and get some players for whom pulling on the shirt is more than a paypacket, go back to what made Depor SuperDepor

and if they can't hold a wall together they either all bottled it-or they didn't learn much in training.

Quote:
It's too easy to put all the blame on the manager and anyone that has ever managed will know that once they go out over that white line, the managers input is limited. Of course, he can make subs and then when they work for us, people can moan that they should have been used as starters. But when they don't work, the same people will moan that the coach hasn't got a clue.

I blame the players more than the coach, but if he can't prepare them for a game then he has to shoulder some of the blame ( and yes it is easier to blame one person and subsequently sack them-than to realise the whole team/club needs rebuilding and that will take time tears and sacrifice and more than likely a period of time in segunda.), he needs to designate a focal point/player on the pitch-the coaches eyes and ears in the game. As for subs, they should be put on with clearly defined objectives and tasks and should be fully aware of these as should all the players, again all preparations that the coach should be making. And yes subs sometimes work and sometimes they don't-but the players should be aware of all circumstances regarding the use of substitutions-how and when they will be used and formation and other aspects of the game that may be changed as a result.

Quote:
The truth is, without a new investor, we don't know that anyone else could replace Lotina and get the squad we have to perform at a much greater level. Unless Lendoiro somehow pulls off the mother of all managerial appointments by signing God as our coach, we're not likely to see any miracles anytime soon.

Plenty of people could do the job-and Lotina isn't getting them to perform at any kind of level, let alone a great(er) one. We need to define our realistic objectives and then appoint a coach from there, Djukic comes to mind-someone, young hungry and ambitious. We then need to re-organise our players contracts-and put in levels like 25/75 or 40/60 were the first part is basic salary and the rest is bonuses and cap basic salaries across the squad so a first team player earns x and a squad player earns y and players know what they are aiming for if they become a first team player as opposed to being a squad player-give them an incentive-this will also keep them at a wage level that befit's their ability. Also make sure as before that the buyout clauses are large as before especially for any young talents we bring through and drop as their contract length decreases-how many people would have realistically turned down 5M for the leech with a year or so left on his contract.

Quote:
I can't stand those that write us off all the time. Sure, we didn't play well today and the criticism is deserved but sometimes it seems as if some people wouldn't be happy if they never had something to moan and whinge about. I remember a few saying it would be impossible to beat Sevilla and even after it was pointed out that although it was unlikely, it was far from impossible, some people refused to accept the obvious. The same goes for Barca at the Nou Camp. I rate our chances as very unlikely but to say we are 100% sure to lose is absolutely pathetic.

I'm not sure who you are referring to and i wouldn't want this to be a name calling part so i can only speak for myself and after today yes the criticism is deserved, but it is not just today it is a culmination of the season so far. Nothing is impossible-though it worries me that Barca are next (it also worries me that if the players motivate themselves for Barca and can't do it for other games then imho they are not motivated enough naturally-or as part of their character/the coach is not capable of motivating the players***/they are hoping to play well against a big team in order to get a move away) *** This is especially worrying as the worse the form gets the morale will get worse and the harder it will be to motivate the players.

Quote:
You know the really ironic thing is that Ricardo made a couple of excellent saves today and if he hadn't made them, but our performance had been exactly the same, some people that are doing their impression of the Grim Reaper now, would probably have been talking about what a great game we played today.

Losing or even drawing at home to a team lower than us is not acceptable...

FORZA DEPOR!!!
Old 02-12-2007, 20:52   #48
romero forever
Super-Seasoned

romero forever is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to romero forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michał
We don't deserve for a place in Primera...Segunda, here we go!

We deserve a place in Primera but not more ( i mean european cup )

Last edited by romero forever : 02-12-2007 at 21:42.
romero forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 21:03   #49
peterke2000
Peņa Member

peterke2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to peterke2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan
hello celta ...
see ya soon

sad but treu
peterke2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 21:23   #50
deporik
Chief of Police

Peņa Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

There's so much to get my teeth into with that post Hippy (much of it I totally agree with btw) but Sunday nights are a bit hard to devote time to individual posts cos of the friggin stats I have to do etc.

I will just quote the one thing from you for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippykid
No replacing the coach will not be a magic wand and to be honest i'm not really that fussed about the coach, the players apparent apathy worries me far more. Though if they aren't motivated alone by playing for us then the coach should motivate them, something that he appears incapable of doing, if he can't do it then some kind of motivational coach is a priority.

I find the apathy of the players the most disturbing thing by a long way. We can't expect our players to come in and all turn in brilliant performances, we can't expect them all to be way more technically gifted than the opposition but what we can expect from them is 100%. Although we seem to have forgotten that we weren't actually playing that badly at all for most of November, you can't help but wonder how much passion some of our players have when they pull on the shirt. There are times when they look like winning comes second to picking up your pay packet and adding 1 more cap to your player profile. This for me can't be allowed to happen.

But if we're honest and have a half decent memory, we can look back to the last year or 2 with Irureta and cite the same problems because we were moaning back then about some players looking like they were just going through the motions. We moaned when Capa was coach too with new players in the squad and some of Iruretas stars gone, and now with a completely different squad than when Irureta was still in charge, we are still noticing the lack of blood,sweat and tears.

So, while I agree that Lotina has to take some blame, I think it's too easy to put the blame solely at his door, even for this.

We are suffering from a lack of quality, and to be honest the likes of Fran and Donato are huge superstars compared with the present squad. They might not be media darlings and revered throughout Spain/the world but they each had more talent and heart than I could ever hope to imagine from most of our current crop of players. However, you can't blame the players for only being so good, if they're always looking to improve and give their all for us (It's just a pity that this often seems like it isn't happening). If Lotina was responsible for asking for these players and they don't perform, fair enough but if not, he's just trying to make the most out of what he is given and IMO is third in line behind those responsible for the management of the club (as opposed to the team) and the players who don't give 100%
Old 02-12-2007, 21:35   #51
Bebeto 27
Peņa Member

Bebeto 27 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Bebeto 27 Send a message via Yahoo to Bebeto 27

This is just too depressing. I think I'm gonna stop following international football, all I got from doing it is sadness

P.S. Deportivo should be looking for coaches in south america. My local team here in Guatemala has been using them since years now, and I have to tell you that those people do know the game they are in. Yes, football here its no were near to be as demanding as it is in La Liga, but you still can see that those coaches do know what they are doing and how to do it. But really, I'm sure that Depor could find good (and not so expensive) coaches in countries like Argentina, Urugay, Paraguay and Brazil.
Old 02-12-2007, 21:49   #52
deporiginal
Legend
Peņa Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchyngyzr
A COACH THAT WOULD COMMITT HIMSELF TO THE CLUB ON AND OFF THE PITCH, AS IRURETA DID...
As stupid Caparros was, he was kind of committed (well, passionate let's say, during games). Lotina also tries his best. It's not like those guys wanted to have bad results you know. Besides, Jabo also failed to get this team on the rails at his last year at the club.

But actually, talking about Irureta... Why not? I would assume that he still checks what Depor is doing. He knows the club and Lendoiro and stuff. And it's not like he is doing anything at the moment either I don't think he's an expensive coach either... Right now, I wouldn't object if he came back tbh.
Old 02-12-2007, 21:52   #53
Donato
Veteran
Peņa Member

Quote:
I find the apathy of the players the most disturbing thing by a long way. We can't expect our players to come in and all turn in brilliant performances, we can't expect them all to be way more technically gifted than the opposition but what we can expect from them is 100%.

We are suffering from a lack of quality, and to be honest the likes of Fran and Donato are huge superstars compared with the present squad. They might not be media darlings and revered throughout Spain/the world but they each had more talent and heart than I could ever hope to imagine from most of our current crop of players.

he's just trying to make the most out of what he is given and IMO is third in line behind those responsible for the management of the club (as opposed to the team) and the players who don't give 100%

1) We need players willing to bleed blue and white and i feel we will get this through a combination of things...

Buy players young and hungry-but get all signings assessed to see if determination/motivation/teamwork is part of their characteristic make up. Even down to the youth teams...

If they are not prepared to give 100% as a minimum-ship them out-even if we lose $$$'s and games in the short term, the long term success is far more important. Long term success built on solid foundations from the bottom up will bring success revenue and investors-if that is what the club wants or needs. It is also the only sustainable way a club in a city the size of coruna can progress-we do not have an owner like Villarreal does.

2) Fran and Donato are superstars compared to what we have now-and should be held up to the current squad as examples of what can be achieved.

Donato was the wrong side of thirty when he joined written off by many and yet gave his all for 10 seasons playing over 300 games.
Fran was the local lad come good-well except that Madridiot incident-and stayed for 17yrs and made captain.

If either or both are still in coruna they should be brought into the club in some capacity-be it to develop the youth (Fran) or scouting (Donato). To not do so imho is bordering on criminal.

3) If he is making do with what he's got then he should pull out all the video's and match reports from games where the under dog has uset the odds-can i suggest he starts with Greece at Euro 2004. Well drilled players-who had a game plan and stuck to it-who knew their roles and played as a team.

If he did ask for the players then as had been mentioned before we need a better scouting network-something that donato, bebeto, mauro etc could play a hand in-pay them a %/fee if and when we sign a player and again if they make the first team or some measure of success ie games played-cups won etc.

I also start the blame with the club-and a lot of changes need to be made-but if they are they will take time/sacrifices and it won't be pretty. The players need to stand up and be counted-if they can't or won't should be shown the door and we should play Fabril players-yes i would accept 6-0's etc and Segunda for the good of the club. The last change should be the manager and as mentioned before Djukic would be a good call...i bet he would love to prove the doubters wrong after that penalty miss...

Last edited by Donato : 02-12-2007 at 21:55.
Donato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 21:52   #54
saifhalabi
Almost Regular

saifhalabi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to saifhalabi

I am really fed up with this situation. How long it is gonna take to pass this bad situation? I am really sick of with Depor; they can't even obtain a point at their home. I think these are an obvious sign that we will get relegated by the end of la liga. If you lose most of your games in your land that means our relegation will be inevitable. If we lose like for example with Barcelona and at Riazor; in that case I won't say anything, but the problem is we are losing even with teams that are weaker than us. These are a must taken points; we need these points. We need to start collecting points not to waste points, and I think our squads know that well, but they are doing it. Our squads say something and then they do something that are totally different from what they say. Before the match against Osasona, they said that this is a must win match and they said we are going to Riazor to bring the joy to their fans, but after the match ended with a 2-1 loss. It appeared to me that we are deceived by our current squads. Where is their jealousy for their club? Why they don't show it? I had some hope, but after this match I entirly lost my confidence in this team. If our players want to climb the table, i think they should get like 6 to 7 points from the three matches that are going to be played in this month.

With Barcelona (lose or draw) I think 1000 % loss
With Zaragoza ( win)
with Levante ( win)

saifhalabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 21:56   #55
Shelvin
Peņa Member

Shelvin is on a distinguished road

SACK LOTINA! its because of him we are losing. him and his stupid tactics will lead us to segunda. We need an investor quickly or be ready for segunda. The current group of players suck...i think lendoiro has gone overboard with this YOUTH project of his. If we get relegated it will also affect Fabril as they will not be promoted to segunda if they do manage to achieve it.

We cant replace the whole team. but who we can replace is lotina. anyone would be better than him. he sucks. Now we are in the 17th position in the table.

During the winter market we need to buy some good players. A good striker and a good left back and if possible get a new coach!

Last edited by Shelvin : 02-12-2007 at 22:12.
Shelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 22:01   #56
Fabian
Peņa Member

Fabian is an unknown quantity at this point

Since the apathy of the players as a general is something adressed here, maybe we ought to specify a little, because I really don't see it this time. Sure, Sergio and Colo remains veritable sleepwalkers, but what about the rest? Are we really saying that Filipe, De Guzman, Piscu, Guardado or Verdú isn't trying hard enough?
Old 02-12-2007, 22:03   #57
deporik
Chief of Police

Peņa Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelvin
Now we are in the 17th position in the table with 14 points, the same as the other 2 teams in the relegation zone. segunda here we come.

We've got 13 pts, Betis have 11 and Levante have 7. It's no wonder you steal your news from other sites if that's how good your info is.

Games played and points scored are not the same
Old 02-12-2007, 22:06   #58
Donato
Veteran
Peņa Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian
Since the apathy of the players as a general is something adressed here, maybe we ought to specify a little, because I really don't see it this time. Sure, Sergio and Colo remains veritable sleepwalkers, but what about the rest? Are we really saying that Filipe, De Guzman, Piscu, Guardado or Verdú isn't trying hard enough?

This was before todays game...
------------------------P-W-D-L-F-A-GD-Points
16 Deportivo La Coruna 13 3 4 6 12 19 -7 13

Doesn't look like they are trying too hard...

http://www.skysports.com/football/le...,11826,00.html
Old 02-12-2007, 22:06   #59
gabi
Super-Seasoned

Peņa Member

gabi is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to gabi

Im very sad and angry today. I did see the match and we played terrible. Something must happen in the squad and that is soon. All parts must take responsibility: The players, Lotina and Lendoiro!
Old 02-12-2007, 22:10   #60
Fabian
Peņa Member

Fabian is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippykid
This was before todays game...
------------------------P-----W----D-----L------F-----A-----GD----Points
16 Deportivo La Coruna 13 3 4 6 12 19 -7 13

Doesn't look like they are trying too hard...

Wow, that was maybe one of the worst replies I have got during my tenure at this place. Cheers.

What i meant to say was that maybe apathy isn't the biggest problem this time, but hey, who am I to doubt your numerical deductive reasoning. Of course you are right.