Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 28-09-2010, 23:11   #46
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejan84
and if zaragoza scored some of their chances, sevilla one of their 15 chances, Getafe didnt get two penalties called against them for nothing (at least one), then we would have 0 points.

would have, should have, could have, but we DIDN'T
Haha, I was expecting that argument.

My response: at least I can use the "could've" argument. You're basing your "replace the coach" opinion on absolutely nothing I'm simply commenting on the way Depor played in the first four games, nothing more. And I'm off to bed now, lots of classes tomorrow dammit.

Last edited by deporiginal : 28-09-2010 at 23:14.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2010, 00:42   #47
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

about 'we need new management':
not really new-new, but some changes would be usefull to put ourselves back in the position we used to know and all real fans want:
- Lendoiro needs to spend some on: scouting network. In dark ages we were a crack in this, now we buy only the wrong players. Or mostly.
- Healing staff: obviously there's something wrong there, always having a full injury room and players re-falling in old injuries

Coach: that's another discussion. Lotina is not making many fans now but it's true that he has not much to work with. For me, i could live with another coach surely, but then again it's related to to issue 1: find the good replacement.

WANT TO SEE A DEPOR WHAT CAN MAKE US PROUD AGAIN
Filip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2010, 02:07   #48
Joak

Joak is an unknown quantity at this point

i cant understand how people can defend lotina and that you think they cant get a better coach look at the way depor plays look how slow it is look how they cant keep the ball upfront ore they cant get good passes to strikers who most of the time gets the ball with theyre body to the wrong side and 4 defenders against them its not that the players arent good enough to pass the ball
Joak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2010, 10:54   #49
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmyrvold
i cant understand how people can defend lotina and that you think they cant get a better coach...

Name one coach who is better and who is available to come to Depor NOW at the same cost as Lotina.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2010, 11:45   #50
Martin
Super-Seasoned

Peña Member

Martin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack
Name one coach who is better and who is available to come to Depor NOW at the same cost as Lotina.

Well put Rack....

for a look at our shirt evolution / new site uploaded
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2010, 12:13   #51
dejan84
Banned

Peña MemberBanned

dejan84 is an unknown quantity at this point

lol, the coach of Mainz was a noone before the season, his team argueably one of the weaker ones in the bundesliga, and they are 1st on the table, and playing VERY VERY well.

Just as an counter argument, there are tones of young coaches looking for a chance, and they are coaches that have a MODERN approach to football, not the bullshit talking/relegating teams approach of LOSTina
dejan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2010, 12:42   #52
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

I think Lotina is an average manager, who doesnt really have good established players to work with. If we had a quality striker up front with some physical presence we would be doing much better.
However I think we need to be calm, we are only 2 points away from the top 12..! and once some of our important players return, we will climb the table again. Aranzubia, Riki, Urreta, Michel, Juando and Morel who did not play last sunday... these guys will definately help us to get the wins we need.. Also people like Saul, Desmarets and Lassad will improve as the weeks go by.
Old 29-09-2010, 13:49   #53
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filip
about 'we need new management':
not really new-new, but some changes would be usefull to put ourselves back in the position we used to know and all real fans want:
- Lendoiro needs to spend some on: scouting network. In dark ages we were a crack in this, now we buy only the wrong players. Or mostly.
- Healing staff: obviously there's something wrong there, always having a full injury room and players re-falling in old injuries

Coach: that's another discussion. Lotina is not making many fans now but it's true that he has not much to work with. For me, i could live with another coach surely, but then again it's related to to issue 1: find the good replacement.

WANT TO SEE A DEPOR WHAT CAN MAKE US PROUD AGAIN

I agree except with the last part about the coach. the reasoning that he doesnt have much to work with i cant agree with. He is involved in chosing who we sign....granted if we had more money he would chose better players. BUT he chose them and I must assume he chose them because he knows what he wanted to get from them and HOW to get it!

Otherwise we need a coach that can do more for less! there are managers that have that ability. And the argument that theres no one suitable available is foolish as well cuz we dont many 'no name' coaches pop up around the leagues when clubs had enough of their coaches..and some of them do well.
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2010, 14:02   #54
Joak

Joak is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

like ive said before depor cant fire lotina and then look for another spanish coach if the look in france, germany, scandinavia etc its hundreds of good coaches
Joak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2010, 14:07   #55
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

with that mentality we will have lotina as our coach all the way to 3rd division then administration

and Rack because we cant NAME one doesnt mean there arent any...thats a silly logic really

Last edited by scoop : 29-09-2010 at 14:41.
Old 29-09-2010, 15:25   #56
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoop
...and Rack because we cant NAME one doesnt mean there arent any...thats a silly logic really

As they say in the movies scoop, "I'll let you have that first shot for free". I've made my point and given my opinion.
Old 29-09-2010, 16:30   #57
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

Quote:
As they say in the movies scoop, "I'll let you have that first shot for free". I've made my point and given my opinion.
you gave your opinion and i then in turn gave mine....up to you to take offense or not
Old 29-09-2010, 17:41   #58
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course but I think sometimes we get carried away a bit and actually think our opinion counts for something

The truth is, it's a lot easier to criticise something from the outside than it is to criticise it from within. The main difference being, that if you're openly critical about something where you are perceived to be in a position to do something about it, you need to provide the solution to the problem.

I see the criticisms here but no-one needs to provide a decent, realistic solution, which is just as well, as I don't see any. I see a mention of Mainz's manager (described by dejan as a "no-one" but due to the first 6 games of this season, a seemingly viable solution? ). I see the mention of "tons of young coaches" too but do we really believe that we can trust in a young unknown coach with no track record to come into a problematic club and turn things around? Haven't most of us been critical about young unproven players being bought and relied on. But a young unproven manager is OK??? If the managers position was so unimportant, then why is Lotina getting the monopoly of criticism??

And I agree Scoop that just "because we cant NAME one doesnt mean there arent any". However, the argument would look much more convincing if you come up with some names that are viable and seem a better option than what we have. Otherwise, (and this is just my opinion) it still looks to me like some people are just frustrated (understandably so), and Lotina is the easiest person to blame.
Old 29-09-2010, 20:33   #59
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

im willing to give ANY coach (young or old) that the club deems appropriate and viable as an option.

and yes its frustrationg talking...its major frustration but everyone that knows me around knows 1- Im one of the more optimistic and rational thinking forum members and 2- i dont comment this much on stuff unless im absolutely passionate about it

i really really really want to see someone else given a chance. I dont care who it is as along as he passes the qualifications and criteria of the club

i didnt approve of lotina either at first but i gave him a chance so whoever new comes (hopefully) i will support them and accept a REASONABLE amount on 'unseuccess' (if thats a word lol) but WE DEFINITELY NEED A CHANGE IN MANAGEMENT (as the thread title suggests)

and yes its my opinion and i respect all other opinions...at the same time this is what the forum is for...discussion and argument (within reason)
Old 30-09-2010, 09:43   #60
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoop
...and yes its my opinion and i respect all other opinions...at the same time this is what the forum is for...discussion and argument (within reason)

Ah, I see now. And that's why my opinion was called 'silly logic'?