Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30-09-2010, 09:56   #61
Joak
Senior Member
 
Joak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Norway
Posts: 3,237
Joak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack
Ah, I see now. And that's why my opinion was called 'silly logic'?

lol
Joak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2010, 14:11   #62
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member
 
scoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Barbados
Posts: 5,541
scoop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack
Ah, I see now. And that's why my opinion was called 'silly logic'?

um...yes! because it is!
your statement is LOGIC not opinion. you used the premise that since we cant name a replacement there isnt one available now. you didnt use those exact words but that was your insinuation. therefore thats not an opinion its just a weak argument. anyway thats the last i will say on that cuz you seem offended
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2010, 14:52   #63
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member
 
Rack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 53º1"56'N, 7º18'0"W
Posts: 8,097
Rack is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoop
...anyway thats the last i will say on that cuz you seem offended

Good. Let’s leave it at that. Of course I was bloody offended. You reinforced your ‘silly logic’ remark with 2 rollyeyes, thus making it personal.

Perhaps if I put it this way….

IMO, there is no coach out there who is
(1) better
(2) available
(3) who is in his pay bracket
than Lotina at the present time

That’s a definite opinion now. It might be a ‘silly opinion’ to you and others, but I accept your viewpoint.

For what it’s worth, I applaud your passion for the club and share your despair at our current predicament. In fact, I broadly share your misgivings of Lotina as a coach and as I have pointed out in the evolution thread, I think Lendo should be on the lookout for someone with a more attacking style for next summer. But in the meantime I don’t think there’s anyone remotely as capable as him to get us out of this hole. This is not blind support, but support nonetheless.

This is an emotive subject for all of us, so I certainly don't want to cause any ill feeling. Let's let sleeping dogs lie.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2010, 15:51   #64
Depor_Vin
Veteran
Peña Member
 
Depor_Vin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Kent, UK
Posts: 6,202
Depor_Vin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Rack,

All I will say is that life is far too short to be hooked up on an emoticon being present in a supposedly insulting coment. Scoop was giving an opinion on an opinion. Perhaps he did it in the wrong way, but he clearly wasn't out to offend you, or belittle your intelligence. We all love Depor here and we all have our opinions on the direction of the club. This forum is made for debate, and unless someone outright says ''I think you're an idiot'' or such, take a chill pill. We're all friends here.
Depor_Vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2010, 16:19   #65
Joak
Senior Member
 
Joak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Norway
Posts: 3,237
Joak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

i think depor need fresh blood in theyre team get a entusiastic coach they should have eggen but hes to old.. some good ones i mean is better is:
Kjetil Rekdal cynical playing style often win 1-0
Martin Andresen play like barcelona
Uwe rõsler
etc i can make a long list
Joak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2010, 17:12   #66
The DK Blanquiazul
Moderator
Peña Member
 
The DK Blanquiazul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Copenhagen
Posts: 8,221
The DK Blanquiazul is on a distinguished road
Default

Of course, these short-term coaches wouldn't have any adapting problems or anything.

As far as I see it, and it's been mentioned before, there are two choices. Stay with Lotina and hope for another turnaround - with a new striker at some point, of course - or hope that some coach, of same or worse quality than Lotina, will be able to put the necessary spirit and morale into the team.

Unfortunately, that's hardly two choices anyone would put their life savings on working. I still have lots of hope, but no doubt that we'll struggle a lot.
__________________

The DK Blanquiazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2010, 17:34   #67
Joak
Senior Member
 
Joak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Norway
Posts: 3,237
Joak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

is lotina realy that good ? hasnt he relegated with almost all his teams?
Joak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2010, 17:38   #68
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Just behind you
Posts: 30,873
deporik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

I'm sorry but the "play like Barcelona" comment made me laugh my ass off. If anybody thinks that a different coach is capable of turning our current squad into a squad that plays the ball around like Barcelona, then they must be hoping that our new coach will be God/Jesus/Mohammed/Allah etc etc depending on what your faith is.
__________________
deporik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2010, 17:46   #69
dejan84
Banned

Peña MemberBanned
 
dejan84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Slovenija, Ljubljana
Posts: 5,468
dejan84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporik
I'm sorry but the "play like Barcelona" comment made me laugh my ass off. If anybody thinks that a different coach is capable of turning our current squad into a squad that plays the ball around like Barcelona, then they must be hoping that our new coach will be God/Jesus/Mohammed/Allah etc etc depending on what your faith is.

well to be honest, Lotinas style is "play like crap" and he has managed to implement his football philosophy in every club he coached in the last 10 years and get them relegated. So yeah your argument isnt really bulletproof there
dejan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2010, 18:50   #70
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Just behind you
Posts: 30,873
deporik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejan84
well to be honest, Lotinas style is "play like crap" and he has managed to implement his football philosophy in every club he coached in the last 10 years and get them relegated. So yeah your argument isnt really bulletproof there

Bulletproof?? That was hardly a bullet dejan, more of a soggy paper aeroplane.

Playing like crap doesn't really need any skill, you could do it, I could do it, practically anyone could do it without much effort at all.
Playing like Barcelona on the other hand, requires somewhat more class, skill and god knows what else. You couldn't do it, I couldn't do it, Lotina couldn't do it and many other top coaches couldn't do it with a far better squad, so tell me, which coaches in the world could get our current squad playing like Barca?

Anyone?
__________________
deporik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2010, 19:06   #71
dejan84
Banned

Peña MemberBanned
 
dejan84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Slovenija, Ljubljana
Posts: 5,468
dejan84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

ok, so you aknowladge that we play like crap, so again why pay Lotina, while we can have no coach and save money, for the exact same result.

Maybe the coach of Mainz, he has the crappiest team in germany on the top, and they play good.

with players like Salzai (the hungarian striker from castilla that we didnt buy, because???, deportivo is too good for him or something lol)


what i am trying to say, is that if lotina doesnt go, there isnt any real hope of a turnaround. Which could be interpreteded by the fans as a lack of interest by the club president, or maybe even him giving up on the club.
Fresh air is needed at the club, someone that can create a buzz. A few years ago you could actually read some Deportivo news on sporting websites, now you get 2 articles in 4 months, and even those are how we lost to Real/Barca.
Club is dying and it just seems noone really gives a ****, at least noone that can actually change something
dejan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2010, 20:48   #72
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Just behind you
Posts: 30,873
deporik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejan84
ok, so you aknowladge that we play like crap, so again why pay Lotina, while we can have no coach and save money, for the exact same result.

Of course I acknowledge we play crap, I can't remember the last time anyone said we play well. I just don't put as much blame on Lotina as some.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dejan84
Maybe the coach of Mainz, he has the crappiest team in germany on the top, and they play good.

with players like Salzai (the hungarian striker from castilla that we didnt buy, because???, deportivo is too good for him or something lol)

I can't pretend to be a fountain of knowledge about Mainz or how they compare on paper to other German sides but they're obviously doing pretty well to be where they are. But then again, you'd have to question his sanity if he left a team topping the German league for a team in so much trouble as us.
As for Szalai, I've seen him a few times and he never impressed me. To be honest, I was glad when the rumours of him coming didn't come to fruition. He's obviously doing OK so far but I wouldn't have rated him even as high as Riki or Adrian.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dejan84
what i am trying to say, is that if lotina doesnt go, there isnt any real hope of a turnaround. Which could be interpreteded by the fans as a lack of interest by the club president, or maybe even him giving up on the club.
Fresh air is needed at the club, someone that can create a buzz. A few years ago you could actually read some Deportivo news on sporting websites, now you get 2 articles in 4 months, and even those are how we lost to Real/Barca.
Club is dying and it just seems noone really gives a ****, at least noone that can actually change something

I think some people might be interpreting the situation like that, whether Lotina is at the helm or not. I think we're in a really shitty situation at the moment but I just think our problems run deeper than just the coach. It's quite depressing if you over analyse it but I'm just hoping we can pick up some points here and there until we get to the winter transfer window and then we go out and get a striker who actually knows how to put the ball in the back of the net on the pitch and not just on a Playstation.

I think the squad is better than we're seeing at the moment but I don't think it's strong enough to have a really comfortable season and certainly don't see us challenging for Europe at any point this season. At this point, I'd even say that I'd be relieved to take 17th at the end of the season, although obviously I'd be hoping we're a hell of a lot better off than that.

What I want to see more than anything, is a bit of fight and determination from the players. Lotina needs to take his fair share of the blame for our current situation but the lacklustre displays put in by some of our players let themselves down, let us fans down and let Lotina down.
__________________
deporik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 00:05   #73
LondonDeporHincha
Regular Member
 
LondonDeporHincha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: London
Posts: 373
LondonDeporHincha is off the scale
Default

first of all were only a few games into the season. Changing the manager now would be stupid. Our manager is doing the best with what he's got, which isnt very much.
I've said for the past 10 years that Lendoiro is and will ruin the club. He's doing that now. He chooses and buys the players, well most of them. He doesnt pay the players, and with the reputation we've got, who in their right mind wants to come here??
No player leaves through the front door at depor, which is a crying shame. Even Fran was messed around.

Unfortunatly there isnt a popular vote against Lendoiro. There should be an uprising against him. As much as I hate Manchester United i respect their and liverpools fans for having the balls to voice their concerns about their owners.

Lendoiro owns the club and he's filtering out lots of money for him and his family, especially his son, who's just built a 2m euro house just out the city, not bad for a restaurant owner.

This should be a call to arms for the fans for Lendoiro to sell out and leave this club he has ruined!!
LondonDeporHincha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:56   #74
Shelvin
Senior Member
Peña Member
 
Shelvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,426
Shelvin is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejan84


what i am trying to say, is that if lotina doesnt go, there isnt any real hope of a turnaround. Which could be interpreteded by the fans as a lack of interest by the club president, or maybe even him giving up on the club.
Fresh air is needed at the club, someone that can create a buzz. A few years ago you could actually read some Deportivo news on sporting websites, now you get 2 articles in 4 months, and even those are how we lost to Real/Barca.
Club is dying and it just seems noone really gives a ****, at least noone that can actually change something

Nice comments and definitely thats the reality for our club...Lotina definitely has to go and some fresh air would definitely be nice...It seems to me that Lendoiro doesnt give a shit as to what is happening to Depor. But i will say one thing and that is that the root of the problem is money. all our recent transfers have been free or loan deals! We dont have the money to spend on new players(or atleast players who can guarantee results). I was watching the Depor vs Milan match highlights and it is sad to see what has happened 5-6 yrs on!

We definitely need some investor orelse we will be stuck in this cycle forever. Each year our budget is getting smaller, we are only making free signings and by chance if we discover some talented player, they eventually leave us for better deals elsewhere or we just dont have the money to buy them!

Lotina's time is over and its time to leave. I supported him before but this is it! I donot wanna see depor in second division and unfortunately Lotina is an expert at that!

Just take a look at how much has changed since the last time we faced Murinho!
Shelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:58   #75
Joak
Senior Member
 
Joak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Norway
Posts: 3,237
Joak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporik
I'm sorry but the "play like Barcelona" comment made me laugh my ass off. If anybody thinks that a different coach is capable of turning our current squad into a squad that plays the ball around like Barcelona, then they must be hoping that our new coach will be God/Jesus/Mohammed/Allah etc etc depending on what your faith is.

haha do you think i ment they play as good barcelona? .... they would be in top in champions league then when i talk about manager that plays like barcelona i dont mean as good as barcelona because barcelona has much better players lol....
Joak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
*BT08* Football Manager 2008 aldo Gaming Forum 340 15-09-2008 21:10


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 23:11.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.