Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Players > Former players & coaches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Former players & coaches Forum for past players & coaches of Deportivo

Old 04-09-2017, 18:31   #346
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road

Mateo's dream fulfilled: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36oxLUkx48g&t=4s
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 02:16   #347
Xanuco

Xanuco is on a distinguished road

Great video! I loved how nervous Mateo was waiting for his idol. I wish they could have brought him out to Abegondo or Riazor to kick the ball around with Lucas a little, but too late in the day.
Old 05-09-2017, 06:55   #348
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

it is difficult to express what Lucas means to Depor (and vice-versa) at this point.. for a great club and its supporters where the reign of legends sounds like old fairy tales, what the arrival of Lucas means is beyond words to express.. I don't know how many clubs had a similar feeling this summer (or in recent summers).. if we can capture Filipe Luis next season (except for his place of birth, he had the potential to be legend here) and keep Lucas that would be truly sensational..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 17:24   #349
peterke2000
Peña Member

peterke2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to peterke2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Nation

I think Lucas already knew about this boy he follows him on twitter and he tweeted a lot about and to Lucas it was on some spanish spot channel.
peterke2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 16:37   #350
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

Lets hope he has a great season with us, I am more than happy to have him back again.
Old 07-07-2018, 04:54   #351
Shelvin
Peña Member

Shelvin is on a distinguished road

Well he is now officially gone! Even though his performance was bad last season I still feel really sad seeing him leave. I remember all the drama last season in getting him back and the excitement when he was finally back. In the last 10 years Depor has become kind of transit team with every season seeing a bunch of random loaned players coming in and leaving towards the end of the season. Most if not all of them didnt have two cents worth of care and pride for the club. With Lucas it finally felt like someone cared. He cared for the fans, the pride of the jersey and the city. But I guess thats how life is, sometimes things work out and other times they dont! But regardless of the results, Lucas will be my favorite Depor player in the last decade. Hope he finds success in Arsenal and finally comes back here to finish his career.
Shelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 11:22   #352
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelvin
Well he is now officially gone! Even though his performance was bad last season I still feel really sad seeing him leave. I remember all the drama last season in getting him back and the excitement when he was finally back. In the last 10 years Depor has become kind of transit team with every season seeing a bunch of random loaned players coming in and leaving towards the end of the season. Most if not all of them didnt have two cents worth of care and pride for the club. With Lucas it finally felt like someone cared. He cared for the fans, the pride of the jersey and the city. But I guess thats how life is, sometimes things work out and other times they dont! But regardless of the results, Lucas will be my favorite Depor player in the last decade. Hope he finds success in Arsenal and finally comes back here to finish his career.

well said
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 15:44   #353
peterke2000
Peña Member

peterke2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to peterke2000

not sure its a good idea for him to stay at Arsenal I am not saying he shoud come back here but the competition might be to strong for him even more after the horrible saeson he had here.
peterke2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 20:00   #354
DeporDK
Almost Regular

DeporDK is on a distinguished road

I dont understand how everyone think he had such a horrible season with us. Agree, he did not score the amount of goals expected. But playing for a terrible team, he still managed to create a lot of danger and opportunities (He was one of the top players in europe, in respect to creating scoring opportunities). He is for sure not the reason we ended up in segunda
DeporDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 21:50   #355
Xanuco

Default To Fiorentina

https://talksport.com/football/40635...ez-fiorentina/

Looks like he's headed to Italia for 7 mil Euros. We couldn't scrape up 7 mil for him to lead us back to Primera?

Either way, wish him lots of luck with Fiorentina.
Old 08-08-2018, 23:05   #356
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road

Finally he will stay in London and Premier League, just passed the medicals today and will be presented tomorrow as West Ham player, in a 3 years deal.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/perez...o1az1g834mdwwb
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...kwater-Sanchez
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 23:16   #357
nitraM
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

nitraM is on a distinguished road

5m? We couldnt pay that?
nitraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 00:18   #358
Xanuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitraM
5m? We couldnt pay that?
That’s what I was saying!! Lucas in segunda with us would’ve helped with the promotion push. He would’ve been fighting every minute of every game.
Old 09-08-2018, 12:22   #359
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Now, looking backwards the whole Lucas saga is quite frustrating...

At one point he seemed he could become a big name, high value on market, etc, so definitely we couldn't keep him...but this proved to not be the point. He didn't make a breakthrough (like Aspas did) and remained a good player of a 5M value...

Still we can't keep him, no matter his bond with the team and city...very frustrating...

On the other hand, our fellow neighbours are managing to keeping Aspas with higher market value to Lucas.

Ok, segunda is segunda indeed, but i'm not asking to keep Djalminha, or Bebeto in segunda...it's Lucas!
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 12:36   #360
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

What frustrates me is that we apparently paid 5m euros just for his loan last year, while West Ham pay the same money for a 3 year contract which means they can recoup money if they sell him for anything at any point.