Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > World Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

World Football For other football that's not related to Depor. For example: the Primera División, Segunda División A, Segunda División B, the Champions League, EURO 2008, the World Cup 2010, Italy, England, Germany, Turkey etc.

Old 20-07-2010, 16:53   #1
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please Donate To Keep Us Alive!!!!!!!

It's that time again people. Three years ago, we went on a donations drive and managed to get some money in, which when added to the money we already had in our treasury, meant we could fund the new website.

However, there are costs that have to be met EACH year and funds are now pretty much gone which means that we need your help as soon as possible. Unfortunately, we weren't helped by our last host pulling the plug on us without warning but now we've sorted a stable home and we've had upgrades and hope to get some more in the future.

This forum has been a haven for Depor fans from all over the world, who either can't quite understand everything at Spanish websites, or simply wish to converse in English. There is no fee to be a member here, it's free and all the people that work as either administrators, moderators or Site Team members, do so for no charge. But it's not a one way street.

If you can put your hand in your pocket and send a donation, then you are helping to keep this forum alive just like those that provide their time and effort. You are not obliged to do so and no-one expects you to give up your hard earned cash if you can't afford it but if you have a bit of money left aside and would like to put it to a good cause, then please send it our way.

To be honest (and this is just my own opinion), I think there should be more of an incentive/rewards system for all donators and this is something we behind the scenes can work on. If something does develop, then we can backdate or include any donations made for those who donate now.

So, if you can afford to send something then please send a paypal payment to l_huyveneers at is hotmail.com domain (can't print the full address thanks to the spambots)
If you don't have Paypal but wish to make a payment, then please let deporik/caabrego know either in this thread or by PM and we can see about arranging something else.

Just to set minds at rest, we still have enough to pay for hosting for about another year, so as long as we don't have another big server issue and any big technical hitches, we should last that long. However, any such crash could probably mean that we can not bounce back and the light will be put out permanantly.

Edited to add: If you have any questions at all, please feel free to send me a PM
Old 21-07-2010, 10:30   #2
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Guys,

As a non-Spanish speaking Depor fan, RCDLC.com is absolutely brilliant for keeping me up to date with all the club news and info. I couldn't do that without the Forum and I'm sure that my interest in Depor would suffer if it wasn't available to me.

I've already met one Forum member (Martin at last season's trip to Bilbao) and am looking forward to meeting up with him (and others) again this season. Life is never too short to make new friends, my friends! The social interaction, the healthy debates and opinions and the passion shown by the majority of the Forum members all make this site what it is.

I have donated today and I urge you all to follow suit and give whatever you can. Ask yourself the question "What would you do without it?" Just think back to the technical problems and the downtime last year.

And finally, for all you visitors who have yet to sign up - do it now! Join up and play an active part in the Forum you read so often anyway!
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 12:09   #3
Lebn8r
Retired Admin
Peña Member

Lebn8r is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Your payment has been initiated

Ching Ching! "The money has been sent." Well put Rack.

All, I can only iterate all of Rack's comments about the site's contribution to the Non-Spanish community and how it has it attracted people from all over the world supporting clubs spanning the globe.

Football is the world game but RCDLC.com is the International Forum!!

DE-POR-TI-VO
DE-POR-TI-VO
DE-POR-TI-VO
DE-POR-TI-VO
DE-POR-TI-VO

October 9th, 2004! The day my life changed!

Lebn8r is offline   Reply With Quote