Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21-01-2010, 00:00   #1
ggeorg
Moderator

Peña Member
 
ggeorg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Greece
Posts: 11,064
ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default COPA Q-Final (1st Leg) | Deportivo v Sevilla 0-3 | 20-01-2010 | Post Match Comments

Copa del rey is over for this season.
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2010, 00:03   #2
The DK Blanquiazul
Moderator
Peña Member
 
The DK Blanquiazul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Copenhagen
Posts: 8,221
The DK Blanquiazul is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco07
I believe people complain because they can't stand seeing our beloved Depor thumped two games in a row. Especially by two mediocre lineups.

Are there many players injured? Yes. Were we in for an uphill battle from the start? Yes. Do we think we performed well today? No.

I think Lotina has done a great job this season with what he has to work with, but at the same time I can see that he made some grave tactical mistakes in today and last week's game. I'm not calling for his head, but at times I do question his ability when the going gets tough.

Agree.

Now, two positives I took from this game:
The fans still singing at the 89th minute.

And, agreeing with another thing from last week:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorg
Dominguez will be valued 20mil in 2 seasons


Got frustrated enough during the game, and I have a hell of a lot homework to do, so no more comments. Good night.
__________________

The DK Blanquiazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2010, 00:07   #3
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member
 
caabrego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: El Salvador
Posts: 24,658
caabrego has disabled reputation
Default

I won't axe Lotina this time, because he did what he could, but I will criticize the incredible apathy of the "bench" players. This was their big chance to prove they can be starters and I never saw a spark from them on this game. Bodipo should shut up and stop complaining as example.
__________________
Surviving at Primera División
caabrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2010, 00:11   #4
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member
 
Filip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Praha
Posts: 7,212
Filip is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

it teached me that lotina is good in doing what he knows, and he's absolute rubbish in doing things what he doesnt know. Sort of.
I mean, he's good getting the max out of his trusted 11, but when there's a problem, he's lost.
Give one good reason to play with 5 at the back when we have one of the best 4-line defences uberhaubt?
Over 80% of us noticed in front that this was a rubbish 'tactic'. Just Lotina didn't.
Well, enough already about it... La liga game coming up... Just a big shame to give up when you're close to the finish (copa). It's not that we have each year such opportunities.
Filip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2010, 00:13   #5
DeporTom
Occasional Member
 
DeporTom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: London
Posts: 171
DeporTom is on a distinguished road
Default

bodipo was shocking as usual, but I've been saying that for a long time now. Why we played Manu in goal, I have no idea. I don't think he was to fault for the goals, maybe dani would have done better on the positioning...

Just looked like the players didn't care to be honest, which in the first leg in the quarter final of cdr is a bit bad. I expected to lose, but not by 3 goals at home.
DeporTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2010, 00:15   #6
saifhalabi
Almost Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Syria
Posts: 269
saifhalabi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to saifhalabi
Default

so pissed off with the team and esp with the so called lotina and his worthless tactics for this game . U play with 5 and sometimes 6 defenders and u conceded 3 goals bravooo. The wonderful fans totally don't deserve this image that should by the players in da field. Where is the zeal gone that should in Valencia's game. If some of this enthusiasms were showed in this game, then the game would have had a different trend.

Again I said it and am gonna say it again. This club needs money to survive.

yes right we were missing so good players but that doesn't mean u get beaten so easily by normal seville and u r number 5 in da standings of da liga plus the game was in ur land.
__________________

saifhalabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2010, 00:18   #7
KaKa
Regular Member
 
KaKa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 391
KaKa is on a distinguished road
Default

We need to buy some players.
__________________
We are here, We are waiting
KaKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2010, 00:20   #8
saifhalabi
Almost Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Syria
Posts: 269
saifhalabi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to saifhalabi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabrego
I won't axe Lotina this time, because he did what he could, but I will criticize the incredible apathy of the "bench" players. This was their big chance to prove they can be starters and I never saw a spark from them on this game. Bodipo should shut up and stop complaining as example.

Bodipo can't do anything alone. he needs some asistants and barely founded any by his players in this game. And if he founded any, the players came late to assist him with the attack when all the seville players went back to their defensive positions.

I believe he's a kinda player who really fights and put into effort but he always does not find a helper with him.

He's not the one to be blamed. play ur coach.
__________________

saifhalabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2010, 00:25   #9
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Just behind you
Posts: 30,836
deporik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

I kinda agree with Carlos.

Whilst I think Lotina has to shoulder some of the blame for his tactics, I'm dissapointed with the lack of fight, lack of passion and lack of spirit. The regulars could use tiredness as an excuse I suppose but those that are usually benchwarmers should have had something to prove and showed a hell of a lot more motivation than they did.

The truth is, our reserves were no match for a strong Sevilla side, who although going through a dodgy spell themselves, are a much better side (at least in individual quality) than us.

Lotina has never made a secret of the fact that he would use bench players in the Copa, and to be honest, even if we had played a more attacking line-up and gone for it, we could have easily finished on the end of a thumping like we got. For me, it's the way we lost that dissapoints me.

I can kinda see both sides (apart from the extremists). It's always frustrating to lose and the sad fact is, we were always going to struggle by playing benchwarmers against Sevilla and in some ways it shows a lack of ambition and belief(especially playing 5 at the back at home in a 1st leg, I would have liked to have seen one of the defenders dropped and Valeron in from the start).

Then again, Lotina was limited due to the injuries and can't kick them up the ass from the sidelines when they aren't giving 100%. I also think that some of those moaning about the fact we didn't play our strongest side would be moaning later in the season if our form dipped because we played the same players too many times

The biggest plus for me was the crowd who kept singing 'til the end. I'm sure none of them were happy with the result either but they stuck with the team til the end which is admirable (even if you don't think the team deserved it)

The tie looks pretty dead now but let's put this debacle behind us and hope we can turn things around against Caparros.
__________________

Last edited by deporik : 21-01-2010 at 00:29.
deporik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2010, 00:26   #10
DeporTom
Occasional Member
 
DeporTom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: London
Posts: 171
DeporTom is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saifhalabi
Bodipo can't do anything alone. he needs some asistants and barely founded any by his players in this game. And if he founded any, the players came late to assist him with the attack when all the seville players went back to their defensive positions.

I believe he's a kinda player who really fights and put into effort but he always does not find a helper with him.

He's not the one to be blamed. play ur coach.

when you put adrian into the same position like in the valencia game, the match turned itself around. He doesn't run into good positions, and he's not a good finisher. Which is the minimum for a striker. Maybe he'd be better playing off a player, but we don't have someone like that.
DeporTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2010, 00:26   #11
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member
 
scoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Barbados
Posts: 5,541
scoop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

1. Bodipo is not a lone-striker!
2. cowardly formation with 5 in the back for a cup tie at home!
3.valeron was terrible
4.ivan perez and juan dominguez have a bright future
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2010, 01:17   #12
Elgreco
Regular Member
 
Elgreco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Salonica,Greece
Posts: 495
Elgreco is on a distinguished road
Default

one more time that we saw a SCARED Depor playing against a "big" team..i dont understand why we had to change te system to 5 defenders in a season that the 4-3-2-1 works pretty well and as scoop says,we were playing at home.
I think that Lotina could make much more.With the know casualities in the offensive sector,he had to think about how we could be more offensive or dangerous up front.Playing at home first,you need a win to have hopes for the next round.He tried to lock the team back,but at the end failed also,as we received 3 goals by a rival that didn't reach more of the 50-60% of their ability...I admire Lotina generaly and also admire his work,but i think that for this defeat he is the responsible one:For changing the system to a more defensive one, and for the image of the team...Never in this match Depor shown that was intresting really in copa.I believe that we made the worst posible appearence of the season, on the most important match of the season.

Also,don't you think that our image tonight was very similar to the game against barca?Same fear,same gamestyle,same mentality...With real coming soon to riazor,i would like to see a different mind of lotina's part and much more dignity y the players

Last edited by deporik : 21-01-2010 at 01:25. Reason: Posts Merged
Elgreco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2010, 01:26   #13
Marco07
Regular Member
 
Marco07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Posts: 430
Marco07 is off the scale
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgreco
one more time that we saw a SCARED Depor playing against a "big" team....

I agree. What I despised was seeing our team bow down to Sevilla even before kick-off. You could tell from what was being said that we were expecting a tough defensive game. Then Lotina produces a 5 man defense AT HOME.

That type of tactic shows that even at home Deportivo believed they would lose the game and that we needed to protect ourselves -- instead of putting on our typical 4 - 2 - 3 - 1, we become timid against a bigger opponent. Were the home team, not them...we should have taken it to them more. I hate when we shoot ourselves in the foot even before the game starts and with that type of tactic during the game.

That is what upsets me as a fan of Deportivo and Lotina...we should never be scared when we are at home. We should be vigilant and cautious, but never scared to bring the game to somebody.

Last edited by Marco07 : 21-01-2010 at 01:28.
Marco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2010, 01:30   #14
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member
 
Riazor warriors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Jordan/Ireland
Posts: 6,096
Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road
Default

against Sevilla's best players....who didnt use the substituents....they wanted 2 win..very important match,we used alot of kids but sometimes Lotina doesn't know wt 2 do,its not the pre season to start new experiments..im so sad thats so harsh...wshing there is no
2nd leg
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2010, 01:44   #15
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member
 
deporiginal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,357
deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporik
I also think that some of those moaning about the fact we didn't play our strongest side would be moaning later in the season if our form dipped because we played the same players too many times
I disagree. I honestly can't see any of these people complaining about that later on in the season, had we played our "strongest side" tonight.

It's just one game. If we were down at half time using a stronger eleven, I would've given up and taken off the most important players. It's not like a 45 minute game would've made the key players very tired. The thing is, in the next round we're likely to play Getafe, which would have given us a great opportunity. This Sevilla certainly was doable. And now we simply gave it away even before the game started, we all knew what the result was going to be tonight.

And I also completely disagree about the bench players. Yeah they had a bad game, but they're on the bench for a reason: because we have better players. You can't expect the performance of the bench players to be on par with the performance of our standard starting eleven if you put almost all of them on the pitch at the same time. Besides, on top of that, they get thrown in a system they're not used to at all, with only 2 (!!) offensive players, one of which is a youngster, the other one being the great Bodipo. With a line-up like that, it's simply impossible to do ANYTHING, besides waiting for Sevilla's pressure to pile up until one or a few of our bench players understandably make a mistake.

In my opinion, there was no reason at all to suddenly start playing with 5 defenders tonight. Manu in the goal, with Filipe, Lopo, Ze Castro/Piscu and Laure in defense would've been just fine, and it would've allowed us to play AT LEAST Valeron as well tonight, who had to sit on the bench after not even playing this weekend.

The way we played tonight, 0-3 was the only logical outcome. I understand we've got a lot of injuries, but you've got to admit, Lotina's completely unnecessary experiment this weekend made us lose three important points very easily, while tonight's 'experiment' (if you can even call it that, a three year old could've come up with tonight's tactical plan) gave us yet another humiliation. So yes, imo the main reason of our losses against Mallorca and Sevilla are Lotina.

That doesn't mean I agree with the people saying we should fire him. At all.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Copa | Valencia v Deportivo 1-2 | 06-01-2010 | Post Match Comments ggeorg Deportivo 42 09-01-2010 06:19
26-08-2007 - LIGA Deportivo 0v3 Almeria (Post Match Comments) deporik Deportivo 109 30-08-2007 16:15
20-05-2007 Deportivo 1v2 Sevilla La Liga (Post Match Comments) deporik Deportivo 59 22-05-2007 21:01
13-05-2007 A.Bilbao 1v1 Deportivo (Post Match Comments) La Liga deporik Deportivo 26 14-05-2007 16:19
COPA: 15.03.06 Deportivo Espanyol (2nd-leg post-match) Jorge Deportivo 39 16-03-2006 20:55


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:10.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.