Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 25-08-2005, 03:18   #1
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Depor can't play the physical game

the same thing that happened in the vellodrome is the same thing against porto in the semifinal of the UCL!! Rough playing and intense pressure depor cant handle... also possibly the intense crowd

players like M pablo and munitis should have been more physical when receiving all those tackles.its crazy how much tackles minuits got!! teams probably see it as a very effective way of getting rid of our creativity and momentum.

i think we need to play more manly and strong.Acuna's shirt was tidy, scaloni looked tidy, M pablo marking players and his hand are always in the air, even the supposed rugged juanma was beaten in the air and lets not forget the totally unfair second goal when a man just climbed up our defender like a ladder. let me also remind u guys when we were knocked around against porto and andrade is 'play kicking' his friend. we need to be more english!! (i hope i dont offend any brits in the forum)

let me also say that im not blaming anyone for the loss but its just something that i observed
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2005, 04:27   #2
Jo

Peña Member

Jo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Jo Send a message via MSN to Jo

it has always been like this!

Pena Member Number : 0020
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2005, 12:09   #3
Varsh150783
Seasoned Member

Varsh150783 is off the scale

Please dont say this when we have Juanma, De Guzman, Sergio , Dushcer and Luque and Munitis....

All of these guys can play avery good overall game. I would see the most obvious exceptions being Valeron and Victor.

But who cares thats the reason we are different from english football and there is a need to use our SO CALLED BRAIN. So, its more intutive and technically skillfull, which is the reason I LOVEEEEEEEEEEE Depoooooorrr...
Old 25-08-2005, 16:31   #4
heidern
Administrator
Peña Member

heidern is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varsh150783
Please dont say this when we have Juanma, De Guzman, Sergio , Dushcer and Luque and Munitis....

All of these guys can play avery good overall game. I would see the most obvious exceptions being Valeron and Victor.

But who cares thats the reason we are different from english football and there is a need to use our SO CALLED BRAIN. So, its more intutive and technically skillfull, which is the reason I LOVEEEEEEEEEEE Depoooooorrr...

Well said
heidern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2005, 19:41   #5
Julen
Administrator

Peña Member

Julen is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Julen Send a message via Skype™ to Julen

I think Caparros now knows what he has and will make a team and a style very personal:
- He likes hard defenders
- He likes hard midfielders
- He likes hard strikers

Just joking!! Depor is playing harder but also faster. The transition def-mid-striker is completely diferent from Irureta, that in 7 years he used Naybet and Mauro to start playing. Now that we play in the sides we must use our wingers Munitis and Luque (as long as he stays) Momo and Ivan Carril.

With people like Valerón, Víctor and Munitis, easy to fall, Capa should work with good kickers like Sergio, Luque and De Guzmán.

We may not have an excellent team, but the coach has to discover how to use the players and to take the best from them. Héctor for Tristán is not an intelligent move.
Julen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2005, 21:31   #6
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

sorry varsh but luque munitis and even duscher are not that tough to me of coarse thats just my opinion.By tough i mean dishing out tackles but of coarse they are very tough in receiving tackles thats no question.

i have to agree with u that we are unique and technical and thats why i supported depor from the 1st day i saw them but what im sayin is that we could have atleast why gattuso or davids -like player in the squad that will go after men when the ref has lost control. i xouldnt bear to see munitis getting tackled everytime he touched the ball and no one doing the same to try and even things out.

the last thing i want of coarse is depor to become a premiership side with constant grunting and cursing from everyone but a bit more toughness (dishing out tackles) is necessary.
Old 26-08-2005, 17:26   #7
vink
Peña Member

vink is an unknown quantity at this point

You can trace a lot of it to how Mourinho played Depor in the CL semifinal game. They were very physical on Valeron, and fouled him and knocked him down every time he got the ball. That completely took him out of the game. Since then, every team that beat us last year played Valeron like that, and that's a big reason why last year was so mediocre. Irueta didn't adjust from the 4-2-3-1 even though our playmaker couldn't do his job anymore.
The toughness has to come from central defense and central midfield. I think we're getting there with Juanma and Colo. The jury is out on Duscher.
vink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2005, 17:33   #8
Feliuk
Administrator

Peña Member

Feliuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Feliuk

I saw Duscher play 3 times while on holiday in he was in the top 3 players of Depor.
I hope he can express himself this season.

A reporter asked him how he could explain his current good form and he replied 'Because I can now go past the half way line, with Irureta I wasn't allowed past the half way line'

Feliuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2005, 17:38   #9
gabian fadoli
Beginner

gabian fadoli is off the scale

That's a good thing, Duscher can bring in offensive midfield construction.
gabian fadoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2005, 17:56   #10
vink
Peña Member

Yes, this is a good thing. I though Irueta did a great job, but he was unable to adapt to the changes that teams threw at Deportivo last year. He stuck with the same system even though it didn't work anymore.

I think Duscher has talent, and he's physical, but his temper worries me.
Old 26-08-2005, 18:01   #11
gabian fadoli
Beginner

gabian fadoli is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by vink
I think Duscher has talent, and he's physical, but his temper worries me.

What should I say concerning Ribery…
gabian fadoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2005, 18:52   #12
dip14
Seasoned Member

dip14 is off the scale

well........its very important topic!!!
As i said deportivo is "Soft team" with technically gifted players!!!!

And when u play Liga its ok........cause its a technical play.......but when u go ou side......bang!!!!!!!

English team has done it consistently ......and Murinho's Porto showed its maximum........Monaco ........Marsie is just following the path......

But u know what.....Mauro Silva was not playing the game against Porto.....and that makes a huge difference to me.....
He was like a father of the team.....and no one dared to mess around with deportivo players when he was around......
I saw it many many times.......How he and fran shielded the whole team.......

I think we need someone like him..........someone who is feared by others.......physically....!!!!!!!
Old 26-08-2005, 19:39   #13
vink
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dip14
But u know what.....Mauro Silva was not playing the game against Porto.....and that makes a huge difference to me.....
He was like a father of the team.....and no one dared to mess around with deportivo players when he was around......

I think we need someone like him..........someone who is feared by others.......physically....!!!!!!!

That's a good point. I think holding midfielder is the most important position on the field, and Mauro Silva was one of the greatest ever. You just don't replace someone like that. I think one the other major factors of last year is that Mauro started breaking down, so Depor lost the organization he provided.
The true sign of a great defensive mid is that it's really easy to miss their contributions. The two greatest in La Liga over the last five years, Mauro and Makalele, were like that.

As far as Duscher-Ribery, take a punch and let the other guy get thrown out!
Old 26-08-2005, 23:39   #14
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

Quote:

And when u play Liga its ok........cause its a technical play.......but when u go ou side......bang!!!!!!!

English team has done it consistently ......and Murinho's Porto showed its maximum........Monaco ........Marsie is just following the path......

lol
i remember one game when fran walked up to a player and slapped him in the face after a bad tackle on one of our players (the ref didnt see). but i miss that kinda thing. the closest now is probably dusher or scaloni (Argentine soldiers!!!! who will win the world cup by the way). we need an on-the field protecter or father ans dip says once again. AH! another aregentine soldier in colo is also ready to defend us!!
Old 28-08-2005, 05:18   #15
Varsh150783
Seasoned Member

Varsh150783 is off the scale

Quote:

That day the most crucial guy was ANDRADE. Mauro was not as much important as Mauro. Remember who gave away the penalty...the guy who covered ANDRADE's position.