Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 17-01-2010, 22:28   #16
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabrego
Can someone explain me why Laure was playing as right winger?

I saw the game starting from minute 9 until now I don't know exactly who was supposed to play in the right wing -left or side back

I see Laure on the right wing the its Pablo then its JR

this match is horrible ,,,,and its time to think about Sevilla

Last edited by depooor : 17-01-2010 at 22:30.
depooor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2010, 22:36   #17
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

a game to forget....
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2010, 23:41   #18
Reuben

Reuben is on a distinguished road

What annoyed me the most was the second goal.
Yea MP really screwed that up by getting skinned by Suarez and in general had a pretty bad game but why the hell was Suaraz ever given the opportunity to be in a 1v1 with MP of a corner in the first place?

I'm not saying im some tactical genius here but I thought the last man of an attacking corner is usually some one with pace. Even still why was there only one back there...AAARRRRGGGHH!!!

Anyways I'm just venting out...we never looked like we were going to win this one.
Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 01:03   #19
vink
Peña Member

vink is an unknown quantity at this point

First off, props to Mallorca, they deserve their position in the table. They played us off the park today.
I would have felt a little better about the loss if they had scored during one of their well-worked chances, rather than through two of the softest goals I've seen Depor give up in a while. Both Lopo and Colotto were off today, the latter breaking the defensive law that you can't let the ball bounce in box on cross or free kick. They made enough mistakes to ensure a 4-0 scoreline, but Dani had pretty strong day.
The second goal...well, I haven't been MP's biggest fan lately. At the very least, he needs a couple games off, though I doubt that will happen, thanks to our injuries and Lotina's faith in him.
I don't think Lotina should have changed the formation from midweek, though unlike a lot of others, I thought Laure did pretty well going forward.
Very worried about Adrian. I think he has regressed in the past month. Pablo Alvarez was one of the few positives.
vink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 01:52   #20
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabrego
Can someone explain me why Laure was playing as right winger?
Lotina always keeps a winning team but in this match he wanted to surprise Mallorca
he saw some skills of Cristiano Ronaldo in Laure & he wanted 2 use against our direct rival....
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 03:55   #21
Bebeto 27
Peña Member

Bebeto 27 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Bebeto 27 Send a message via Yahoo to Bebeto 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelvin
Definitely a very poor game...i wasnt happy with Manuel Pablo playing on the right..if we had played with him on the left probably the result would have been different...I watched the first 20mins and went back to sleep as I had slept at midnight and the match was at 5am...I had a feeling the result would go this way...woke up mid way in 2nd half saw the result(2-0) and went back to sleep...Hopefully we can do better with sevilla and Bilbao.

Dude, thats almost exactly how events played for me, just that instead of being 5am it was 10am. Im glad I couldn't awake after my half time nap
Old 18-01-2010, 04:39   #22
aLosErrr
Beginner

aLosErrr is off the scale
Send a message via Yahoo to aLosErrr

That is a real bad and hopeless game, I've not seeing any chance to score. Dani did a great game in first half, and became to hopeless in second half.
Well, I don't think it's fair to argue or question the performance on individual player on pitch, people play this game is because coach believe them, and pick them. So the only shit last night is the man made that decision.
Coach should do something during the break time, since rival has almost controlled everything in FH, but it's sad to me that we don't have any change. We're just waiting to death.
Old 18-01-2010, 09:48   #23
deportivofan

deportivofan is on a distinguished road

I didn't watch the game but by reading the comments, I'm glad I didn't
Old 18-01-2010, 15:34   #24
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

One of the poorest Depor games that I have seen. Mallorca wanted it more, showed more desire and were much more organised than us.
What annoyed me was Lotina's tactics, he switched things around so much, that not even the players knew what they were doing.
I mean if Guardado is injured, P.Alvarez or Ivan Perez should play. We cant expect a tired F.Luis to be playing as a winger, and M.Pablo covering at left back.. which he is not able to do effectively.
Apart from that we desperately need another striker, a quality one.
Bodipo is not fit, Adrian is learning his trade, Riki, Mista and Lassad all injured.
Lotina will probably wait until the summer.. but I would say a good striker is our main requirement!
Old 18-01-2010, 15:59   #25
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo
One of the poorest Depor games that I have seen. Mallorca wanted it more, showed more desire and were much more organised than us.
What annoyed me was Lotina's tactics, he switched things around so much, that not even the players knew what they were doing.
I mean if Guardado is injured, P.Alvarez or Ivan Perez should play. We cant expect a tired F.Luis to be playing as a winger, and M.Pablo covering at left back.. which he is not able to do effectively.
Apart from that we desperately need another striker, a quality one.
Bodipo is not fit, Adrian is learning his trade, Riki, Mista and Lassad all injured.
Lotina will probably wait until the summer.. but I would say a good striker is our main requirement!

I'd have been more happy if we did do that because at least it worked against Valencia. I didn't have the best quality of streams but it looked like Filipe spent most of the game at LB while Manny was RB with Laure in front (although to be honest, it was pretty hard at times to work out who was playing where).
Old 18-01-2010, 17:39   #26
Carril
Veteran
Peña Member

Carril is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporik
I usually don't like to single anyone out but Manuel Pablo probably had his worst game for Depor today (and he's played a lot of games for us). I lost count of the number of times that he played a pass to one of their players and alot of them weren't even when he was under pressure. Towards the end, he didn't even look like he was bothered to try and correct his mistakes.

We had better hope we can leave this sort of performance behind on Wednesday because if Sevilla play their A team against a Depor side producing a similar game to today, it won't be pretty.

Completely agree. If it weren't our injury situation, I'd bench him for a few games for Laure. Whenever he's benched for a while, he always comes back strong when he's given the chance again.

Overall tho, it was a very disappointing game. Fatigue has been one of the reasons given, but looking at our upcoming schedule, I hope not or we are screwed.
Carril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 18:04   #27
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Didn't see the game, so I won't comment on all of your comments

But, I would just like to say that the bedrock for us this year has been our defence and although Filipe showed how good he can be at LM v Valencia, we are infinitely less assured in defence when the MP-Colotto-Lopo-Filipe axis is changed for whatever reason. We must revert to that immediately and find an alternative for Guardado's spot. It doesn't make sense to change MP to LB, Felipe to LM and bring in Laure to RB just because one player is missing. Give Ivan Perez some consecutive games there - I think he'd do the job.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 18:10   #28
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

I think this thread just goes to show how confusing the formation was. Nobody seems to agree on who played where and we've actually seen the game

I could have sworn Filipe was playing LB and the back 4 was pretty much the same as usual, with Laure for some reason playing RM
Old 18-01-2010, 18:33   #29
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Filipe was left-back, Manuel Pablo on the right, JR on the left wing and Laure on the right wing. Lotina said.
Old 18-01-2010, 18:35   #30
monkeypuncher
Peña Member

monkeypuncher is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to monkeypuncher

I was disappointed to have to miss this match... Turns out, I'm glad I did. Not much of a comment I can make. I can agree that the experimentation with the formation seems quite odd to me. But I look at it this way...
It's nearly the middle of the season, if Lotina's going to have to experiment with the formation, now's the time. I don't want to see anything like this in the dying days of the season, when depor's likely to be hanging on to a european spot by a fingernail.
monkeypuncher is offline   Reply With Quote