Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Players > Former players & coaches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Former players & coaches Forum for past players & coaches of Deportivo

Old 25-04-2003, 17:36   #16
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi_pl
I would like not to sell Makaay, but if this resolve financial problems it must be right! Tristan & Luque also are very good players. And so: dont sell him to any Spanish club
PS It's my first time here... Greetings for all!!!

Welcome
I think that he will be sold to a Premier`s club, Lendoiro could ask 40 M for him, with Pandiani, Luque and Tristán in the team we could search for a good winger(s), sad but true
Old 25-04-2003, 18:41   #17
freakyy

Peña Member

freakyy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to freakyy

makaay must stay!!!!!
freakyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2003, 19:58   #18
Juli

Juli is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to Juli

I cant believe that he is one of the worst paid players at deportivo
I mean, we all know that he is the most important ( or one of the most important) players at depor.
and i dont want him to go, cause i think he is quit happy in La coruna. But if he is going then ..... im going too
if it wasnt makaay i never knew about deportivo
but on the other hand,
there is a good reason for him to go. because in other clubs he will be more apriciedet and he will be also making much more money.
i dont want him too go to england. I like him too stay in spain. maybe he can go to Real Madrid or Barcelona or Valencia.
i would be very happy if he did go to Valencia
Juli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2003, 22:02   #19
Mattias
Peña Member

Mattias is an unknown quantity at this point

Valencia can't pay.

But this sounds like a better contract negotiation to me. Every player should be paid as little as possible but enough. Immediate renewal would be the best option but Lendoiro should negotiate, I hope the pressure won't get to him.
Mattias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2003, 22:44   #20
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

Leon is an unknown quantity at this point

All depends on whether attractive offers will come in (more than 25 million Euro)... if they come, Makaay will be sold this summer... if not, he'll stay for another 2 seasons...
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2003, 23:18   #21
TheWhisperer

TheWhisperer is off the scale

there wont be any negotiations i think......... i think leon is right with his options......... but i personaly think he will be sold.
TheWhisperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2003, 02:59   #22
Anton
Site Team
Peña Member

Anton is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Anton

Hey to All...

I think Makaay is a genious and to see him leave would leave me in tears!! but i think Lendoiro has been very unapreaciative of Makaay so he may go. But i think if we have another coach next year, depending on if makaay really likes him, makaay may stay at Deportivo. But i think if no English club bids for Makaay soon and Lendoiro says no to the spanish clubs, i fear he will go to Barca or someone for free in 2005, which would be a crime to Deportivo!! But if he does that Depor may be able to offer another contract (hopefully)...

I think if he does go, which i think he will, we must recall Pandiani, and buy Harry Kewell, and possibly Hakan Yakin!! both those players will be cheap and will both fit Depor!! but i would prefer to keep Makaay!!

so if makaay leaves who will replace him, i think we need 3 strikers, because of the heavy schedual we play, and if one gets injured, so who will replace him?? What do you think?
Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2003, 03:56   #23
DREAMFUSION
Seasoned Member

DREAMFUSION is off the scale

from the reports, it sounds as if makaay has already made up his mind to walk out of the club. it's just a matter of when

no doubt he decided that he had enough of being underappreciated... if we can't change his mind with any more negotiations, the club has to make the best of the situation.

i see that makaay's heart is no longer at depor so it's probably better to sell him asap, preferably for 25 million euro or more... to get players (who play in positions we need) who WANT to play for depor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juli
But if he is going then ..... im going too

Do you mean that you will stop supporting Depor if Makaay leaves? ie. you will "follow" makaay to his new club if he is sold?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton
i fear he will go to Barca or someone for free in 2005, which would be a crime to Deportivo!!

Yeah, Makaay must NEVER be allowed to leave for free. Any club who wants him must break the bank to sign him so that we can have the cash to buy the players we need to replace him, in this case a winger and possibly a defender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton
so if makaay leaves who will replace him, i think we need 3 strikers

We can get pandiani back...

i doubt makaay would be sold to spanish opposition... it's more likely that he would go to england.
Old 26-04-2003, 07:30   #24
depor_hk

depor_hk is off the scale
Send a message via ICQ to depor_hk

Originally I thought Chelesa is the most possible club for makkay, but their finance crisis keep them out of makkay-chasing. In that time i dun know which england premier club would bid him, as most of them are not lack of strikers
may be MU will be interested to take him to old traffold to replace beckham, but makkay won't be interested to play in midfield
depor_hk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2003, 07:56   #25
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

I think England offers a lot of possibilities to Makaay... I mean, those clubs could just make space for this arrival... For example, if he would be interested in joining Arsenal they could get rid of Kanu and Jeffers... and keep Henry and Wiltord, and Bergkamp is getting older... if Manchesteris interested, we can easily say that Forlán has to make way... then they have Van Nistelrooy, Solksjaer and Makaay.... At Liverpool, Chelsae and Newcastle the same.. they would love to offer one of their strikers for him...
Old 26-04-2003, 10:35   #26
TheWhisperer

TheWhisperer is off the scale

dreamfusion, why do you think makaay dont want to play for depor anymore?! thats the whole point of this situation! he WANTS to play, HE WANTED to renew his contract and end his career in La Coruna, but the club gives him the feeling they dont want him to be at coruna. what would you do if your boss wasnt happy with you, but you loved the job?? i bet you would leave and look for the same job elsewhere, for a better salary and a better boss.

if he WILL leave (which is still not sure) i prefer him to stay in Spain. Valencia, Barca and Madrid are options, Kluivert has serious problems in barcelona, Saviola isnt the quality striker they want. at Real Morientes will leave, Portillo is the worst player ever, the only thing he can do is shoot the ball to the goal and Ronaldo could wake up same day and telling the club he wants to leave to England. Valencia has no money, so i dont think he will go there.

in England Manu is not an option i think. theyve got enough strikers, and van Nistelrooij and Makaay are the same type of players, so it will be useless to buy Makaay. Arsenal could be interesting, but ive read they wanted to buy Trezeguet from Juve. Chelsea could be an option, they got some strikers there, but not 1 is worldclass. And Hasselbaink is getting old, so it could be chelsea..... Liverpool no way, Newcastle never......

but theres still some games to become Liga Champions first, so lets win that first..... then sell him..................
TheWhisperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2003, 11:11   #27
Xoán
Retired Admin
Peña Member

Xoán has disabled reputation

The point is that Makaay DOES WANT to stay in Depor... he has said so many times: he's happy, his family is happy... but it seems as if he has "no other option"...
His manager tried to talk to Lendoiro several times, but to no avail... that's the problem!
I don't believe that he's asking for an unreasonable amount of money, but sometimes Lendoiro's priorities and policies are difficult to understand... (he has done some brilliant stuff for Depor, he "made" SuperDepor possible indeed!, but he has had major bluffs too... it seems that this Makaay issue is going to be just that...)
anyway, I recommend caution... let's see what happens over the summer and, in any case, he'll still be with us until 2005 (everybody agrees in that)
The fellowship was a brief beginning, a fair time that cannot be forgotten; and because it will not be forgotten, that fair time may come again. Now once more I must ride with my knights to defend what was, and the dream of what could be.
Xoán is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2003, 16:56   #28
DREAMFUSION
Seasoned Member

DREAMFUSION is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhisperer
dreamfusion, why do you think makaay dont want to play for depor anymore?! thats the whole point of this situation! he WANTS to play, HE WANTED to renew his contract and end his career in La Coruna, but the club gives him the feeling they dont want him to be at coruna.

what would you do if your boss wasnt happy with you, but you loved the job?? i bet you would leave and look for the same job elsewhere, for a better salary and a better boss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoan
The point is that Makaay DOES WANT to stay in Depor... he has said so many times: he's happy, his family is happy... but it seems as if he has "no other option"...

ok i understand what you are saying before any of these happened, i always remembered makaay to have said that he's happy playing at depor and la coruna is a good city for his family etc. ----(*)

but when this situation came out with the heading "makaay WILL leave depor in 2005" i THOUGHT he had CHANGED HIS MIND and thought that he had enough of being underappreciated and no amount of FURTHER negotiation would change his mind of ONE DAY walking out of the club. that DAY could be the day that depor sells him to cash in on him, which can take place this summer until 2005, when depor would be obliged to let him leave on a bosman if no further contract is offered.

so does lendoiro think it is worth taking the initiative to re-negotiate a new improved contract, or is makaay himself closed to any more negotiation at all, on account that he has already decided to leave depor? is there any hope of either lendoiro or makaay changing their minds, or is there not?

so right now, does the statement (*) i highlighted in red still apply, on Saturday April 26 2003, today? i had thought that it was a statement of the past, that's why i assumed that he had changed his mind... please don't misunderstand me... i want to understand this situation correctly and clearly so please correct me again if i'm wrong... thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by From the site
LENDOIRO: “ROY HAS STILL TWO SEASONS TO GO”

25th April 2003 -- At the meeting of Spanish clubs where a possible new television deal is negotiated, Deportivo president Lendoiro commented on Makaay’s statement of not renewing his contract which currently runs until 2005. Lendoiro said that “Roy has still two years to go at Deportivo and he has a buy-off clause in his contract. But conversations have already started to renew it.”

What might be concluded from these words is that Lendoiro still is considering to talk with Makaay about staying longer in La Coruña. But it seems that Makaay has made a final decision as he feels not completely valuated at Deportivo.

Finally, Makaay also commented upon the interview he had given one day before to sportspaper AS. “What I wanted to say I already did and I won’t speak again about it. I am only interested now in Sunday’s match against Mallorca and the rest one can read about in the newspaper.”
[/quote]
Old 26-04-2003, 17:20   #29
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

Phoebe, a short comment after your impressive reply... ... I think Makaay has said "enough is enough" and he wants to go in 2005 if Depor won't sell him earlier.... Without a doubt he likes the club, the supporters, the city, but he misses respect here....
Old 26-04-2003, 17:55   #30
Juli

Juli is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to Juli

"but he misses the respect here"

thats something that i have said earlyer. Deportivo doesnt respect makaay as a player as much as they should. For Depor and also the fans Makaay is never going to be what Tristan is now, no matter how many gaols he scores how many titles he brings. people wil love Tristan more than Makaay. I dont think it is fair ( atleast not this season) he has proofed that he is a great soccer player. If i was makaay, i would go this summer. there is no use for him to stay, cause they will never respect him as he dissurfs.

the clubs.
i dont hope he is going to man unt. goes they already have great players there. so he would be sitting on the bench.
If he goes to England then rather Arsenal then Chelsie.
but i really hope he stayes in Spain.
( the weather is better in Spain ).
Juli is offline   Reply With Quote