Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 23-02-2009, 19:26   #601
vink
Peña Member

vink is an unknown quantity at this point

Great post, Leon. I'll get into it a bit more in depth later.
It's important to note that Depor is still in the top five for least goals conceded, and tied with Barca for first for least goals conceded at home. That's important because our back line is probably not going to change for next year.
If the team can improve on scoring just a couple more goals, and can be a little tighter at the back during the away games (10 conceded at home vs. 20 away), there's a very good shot for a Euro spot. We're through the toughest part of the schedule.
vink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 21:20   #602
Crocodile_Dundee
Veteran

Peña Member

Crocodile_Dundee is an unknown quantity at this point

I still think that this squad is doing extremely well and Lotina is getting the best out of them (with 1 or 2 obvious exceptions). You just need to look at our starting line-up last night, Aranzubia-Laure-Lopo-Piscu-Filipe-J.R-De Guzman-Tomas-Verdu-Lafita-Lassad. All that lot cost probably about 2-4m at the most, yet many on this forum constantly round on Lotina if 1 or 2 results don't go our way. Keeping the likes of Manny P, Sergio and Valeron is vital because they add a wealth of experience and I feel that they contribute to a good balance in the squad. Laure and Piscu put in a couple of decent performances last night and it's these type of players who are going to be vital at Depor in the coming years.
Crocodile_Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 22:18   #603
Djalminha

Peña Member

Djalminha is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocodile_Dundee
I still think that this squad is doing extremely well and Lotina is getting the best out of them (with 1 or 2 obvious exceptions). You just need to look at our starting line-up last night, Aranzubia-Laure-Lopo-Piscu-Filipe-J.R-De Guzman-Tomas-Verdu-Lafita-Lassad. All that lot cost probably about 2-4m at the most, yet many on this forum constantly round on Lotina if 1 or 2 results don't go our way. Keeping the likes of Manny P, Sergio and Valeron is vital because they add a wealth of experience and I feel that they contribute to a good balance in the squad. Laure and Piscu put in a couple of decent performances last night and it's these type of players who are going to be vital at Depor in the coming years.

good point:

I think the only players we paid for in that lineup is Filipe 2 mio € and Lafita 2mio $.
Old 24-02-2009, 02:18   #604
simonrules201
Seasoned Member

simonrules201 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

i also agree with what you've said, we all every now and again talk badly about lotinas decisions but at the end of the day, we are working our way up this season, and hopefully next season be ready to give the title a shot.

We will once again lead the way, lets unite and show the spenders that you cant buy a league or a cup lol (came out all inspirational xD)
simonrules201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2009, 09:04   #605
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

Leon is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
You just need to look at our starting line-up last night, Aranzubia-Laure-Lopo-Piscu-Filipe-J.R-De Guzman-Tomas-Verdu-Lafita-Lassad.

Yes, great finding!

Aranzubia, Lopo, De Guzman, JR and Verdu were free transfers. Laure, Adrian Lopez and Lassad come out of Deportivo B and I'm sure we paid a very limited amount for them. Tomas was part of the Aouate deal, so rate him at a few hundred thousand Euro. As Djalminha writes, that leaves Filipe and Lafita for who we paid €3 million in total if I remember well.

We basically outplayed the millions of Valencia with this line-up. It's a good example of what smart business can achieve. It's just that clubs like Madrid and Valencia don't have to look for smart business, they can afford much larger debts than Deportivo.

Switch Guardado for Lafita, and we have a possible line-up for next year (if De Guzman stays). And even some depth with types like Colotto, Aythami, Zé Castro, Valeron, Alex, Riki, Bodipo, Adrian. With some smart moves this summer, there shouldn't be too much worry that we're doomed next year. And some talents are waiting in Deportivo B.

It's just our mind set. We can't expect from a club, with such a cheap line-up, to be competing with the best five in Spain. If we skip that thought, I think we can be optimistic for the next years.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2009, 10:42   #606
peterke2000
Peña Member

peterke2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to peterke2000

I like what i'm reading here guy's. I hope we can keep all the players and if de guzman get his old form back we won't have to worry about nexst season either. But I stil hope to get some good youngsters for cheap wo can grow a few seasons and as whel players from fabril.
peterke2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2009, 19:43   #607
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You just need to look at our starting line-up last night, Aranzubia-Laure-Lopo-Piscu-Filipe-J.R-De Guzman-Tomas-Verdu-Lafita-Lassad. All that lot cost probably about 2-4m at the most, .
that is very true, but on the other hand all our subs in were much more costy players (with all the biggest respect to them), and we have some others bad-transfered guy on the bench or in the injury room (Colotto, or Riki was not that good sign either.). Or Tomas + Aouate = Munitis was not for my likings either. As I said earlier, the picture is not black or white, it is full of colours.