Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La CoruŮa here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 08-04-2003, 22:59   #16
XoŠn
Retired Admin
PeŮa Member

XoŠn has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonDeporHincha
all the riazor blues i know are big skinheads that could terify anyone. but there also the biggest anti- racists i know.
Xoan is right.

that's because the most radical among RB are "redskins" (extreme-left-wing), and by definition these are anti-racists (in opposition to the R.Madrid extreme-right-wing skindheads, i.e very racist, for instance).
In any case, these are a minority. All the RB I know (and the people from Grei Xentalla, the other "ultra" group in Riazor) are cool... crazy, but cool...
The fellowship was a brief beginning, a fair time that cannot be forgotten; and because it will not be forgotten, that fair time may come again. Now once more I must ride with my knights to defend what was, and the dream of what could be.
XoŠn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2003, 11:11   #17
Blues Londres
Beginner

Blues Londres is off the scale

Riazor Blues are totally against Racism!,if you are in doubt check www.riazor-blues.com.
S.H.A.R.P (Skinheads Against Racial Prejedice)

RIAZOR BLUES
BIRRIS NORTE

FORZA DEPOR OE!!
Blues Londres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2003, 14:16   #18
Bagsie
PeŮa Member

Bagsie is off the scale
Send a message via AIM to Bagsie Send a message via MSN to Bagsie

I can't say anything special from here finland. But me and my Depor-fan friends -none of us is an racist. If there is very little if any rasicts among depor fan -it makes me proud. I'm sick of skinheads.
Old 16-04-2003, 10:39   #19
Leon
Banned
PeŮa MemberBanned

Leon is an unknown quantity at this point

Madrid have racists with their Ultra Sur, and I remember Valencia supporters having Swastika flags in the 1980s? Can Xoan or Julen tell us more about his? Deportivo isn't at all related to racisme... I was treated well despite being a Dutch guy

gr
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2003, 13:58   #20
DREAMFUSION
Seasoned Member

DREAMFUSION is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon
I was treated well despite being a Dutch guy

i thought "racism" is discrimination between different skin colors? does discrimination between white dutch guys and white spanish guys qualify as "racism"?

or do you mean "racism" in terms of discrimination in language/nationality as well?

strange, i thought racists just look at skin color cos it's the most obvious thing... correct me if i'm wrong.

leon, you're white and you can speak spanish, surely you aren't more different from a typical spanish guy than i am...??
Old 16-04-2003, 15:17   #21
Leon
Banned
PeŮa MemberBanned

Leon is an unknown quantity at this point

Just kidding Phoebe! But the North Europeans are of a different race than the South Europeans, so racism could be a topic... sometimes it is, but fortunately not in La CoruŮa...
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2003, 00:45   #22
XoŠn
Retired Admin
PeŮa Member

XoŠn has disabled reputation

Racism is racism. It's hating the other just 'cos he/she is different... there's no other definition... It's true that it might be more "evident" when dealing with people with different skin color, right, but there's also racism within Europe... Not all Europeans are the same, and that's great, but for some ass****s this seems to be a problem... well...discusting...
And yes, R.Madrid Ultras used to display nazi symbols, Spanish flags from the Franco regime (with the eagle), etc. in the stadium. Obviously fascist, obviously racist...
R.Madrid directive board never paid real attention to that... especially with President Mendoza... With Florentino the thing changed... not really 'cos he gave a damn, but 'cos there had been serious complaints... When the Spanish hight court of justice notified that those symbols were anticonstitutional (i.e. illegal) they were "forced" to tackle that...
Sad but true.
The fellowship was a brief beginning, a fair time that cannot be forgotten; and because it will not be forgotten, that fair time may come again. Now once more I must ride with my knights to defend what was, and the dream of what could be.
XoŠn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2003, 04:59   #23
DREAMFUSION
Seasoned Member

DREAMFUSION is off the scale

thanks guys to me, racism is just myopia and thank God depor and its fans do not condone it