Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 30-03-2003, 16:08   #1
Mariens

Mariens is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RACISM

are depor's fans racists ? my one friend, a football ultra [he's a racist too] said that all ultras are racists, he said: look even in Bernabeu was flag with swastika. racism is a very big problem in football, so what about deportivo ?
Old 30-03-2003, 16:29   #2
DEPORFAN 1989
Occasional Member

DEPORFAN 1989 is off the scale

STOP RACISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 30-03-2003, 16:34   #3
Diego
Peña Member

Diego is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to Diego

I hope that there isn´t no racism in La Coruña!!!!
Old 30-03-2003, 16:36   #4
kaizz

kaizz is off the scale

mariens what made you think real madrid was exempt from racist fans anyway?
kaizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2003, 18:36   #5
MissValeron
Beginner

MissValeron is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to MissValeron

i have been to riazor many many times and never heard or seen anything racist
MissValeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2003, 23:30   #6
Xoán
Retired Admin
Peña Member

Xoán has disabled reputation

noooo! no way!
As far as I know there has never been any kind of racist problem related to Depor!
Look, the most "ultra" Depor group is "Riazor Blues", and they're quite peculiar, 'cos they're based on left-wing/Galician-nationalist ideas. So, anti-racism is embedded in their philosophy... They're - in every sense - on the antipodes of R.Madrid ultras... The same applies to "Boixos Nois" from Barça (that is to say, they're more like Depor ultras, a bit more agressive anyway...).
I don't share that idea that all ultras are racist... it goes with the place, the social background, the history of the country, the city, etc. I think it's a quite more complex issue, and sports are just a reflection...
The fellowship was a brief beginning, a fair time that cannot be forgotten; and because it will not be forgotten, that fair time may come again. Now once more I must ride with my knights to defend what was, and the dream of what could be.
Xoán is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2003, 04:15   #7
DREAMFUSION
Seasoned Member

DREAMFUSION is off the scale

glad to hear that depor's fans arent racist... cos as an asian i don't think it's worth supporting any team whose fans are racist -- cos such fans dun even welcome a fellow supporter who's not the same color/culture!!! really sickening...

the japanese fans at the riazor that day kinda confirms the non-racism of my favorite team, but do the gallegos intermingle with the japs? or do they just "tolerate" their presence?

i agree that football is merely ONE outlet where racist pple express their racist views. changes gotta be made in society first before they are reflected in football culture.

can someone explain what EXACTLY are "ultras"? i dun fully understand the connotation of that term...
Old 31-03-2003, 07:28   #8
Lendoiro

Lendoiro is off the scale

I don't think so... but than again i am not in the Riazor blues crowd.
I decide to stay away from the ultra's.

The Madrid Ultra's are racist, because they follow the Facist regime, run by Franco. Franco supported Madrid, to make the Castillians the biggest team in the world, through his government(see the strong ties between Madrid F.C and the government)

Racism is a big. Like for example, our Basque neighbours hate being Spanish. Spanish flag burning. Crap like that, it could be the reason why Spain has and possibly never will win the World Cup.
Lendoiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2003, 09:04   #9
kaizz

kaizz is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendoiro
I don't think so... but than again i am not in the Riazor blues crowd.
I decide to stay away from the ultra's.

The Madrid Ultra's are racist, because they follow the Facist regime, run by Franco. Franco supported Madrid, to make the Castillians the biggest team in the world, through his government(see the strong ties between Madrid F.C and the government)

Racism is a big. Like for example, our Basque neighbours hate being Spanish. Spanish flag burning. Crap like that, it could be the reason why Spain has and possibly never will win the World Cup.

yes real madrid has been the reflection of reactionary movements in spain in the football arena. it's no surprise that aznar is a big fan of real madrid.
your basque neighbours hate being regarded as spanish as they are in NO way spanish. they are probably the most ancient folk of europe (some anthropologists claim the direct descendants of cro-magnon cavepainters) and contrary to catalans they have no similarity to spaniards (or the french) culturally, linguistically or even genetically. so in their particular case i can understand their reaction to age-old spanish oppression and efforts of assimilation (thus the attitude of athletic bilbao). having said this whatever the motivation is and wherever it comes from terror sucks.

i agree that not all ultra groups are racist by definition. we have the ultraslan group of galatasaray and they have no relation to politics, they just see themselves as die-hard galatasaray fans and i think that's just what they are.
kaizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2003, 15:31   #10
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Dream Fusion: ultra is a word in spanish that means "more than" so the "ultras" are those fans that are "more that fans", those who do things that nobody does for his team, sleep in the stadium one day before the game to have tickets for example.
Old 31-03-2003, 19:38   #11
Xoán
Retired Admin
Peña Member

yeah, "ultra" is the term used for "fanatical" supporters ("more than...").
Sadly, that term is many times linked to negative connotations, such as violence, racism, etc. But, as I said, many other times this is just a mere simplification... The "violence" and "racism" factors don't really apply to the Riazor Blues.
I'm of the opinion that Galician people is not racist, in general, 'cos we ourselves had (and have!) to emigrate in different periods throughout our history. Thus, other peoples used to be racist towards us... we learnt the lesson, and we're quite tolerant (remember, now I'm talking from MY personal experience and subjective view as a standard Galician). I think that these ideas are also behind groups such as Riazor Blues.
Dream Fusion, in reference to the japs that day in the stadium... well, noone gave a shit about them, and that's the best way to demonstrate that there's no racism... when nothing happens and it's not a big issue... or... when it's not an issue whatsoever! They were just like some other fans, like many south americans living in the city who go to the stadium every week, etc.
I honestly doubt - and I'd be very very surprised - that any foreigner ever had a problem in Riazor because of being a foreigner... It definitely wouldn't be the norm... (sadly, this is not the same in other stadiums around Europe...).
The fellowship was a brief beginning, a fair time that cannot be forgotten; and because it will not be forgotten, that fair time may come again. Now once more I must ride with my knights to defend what was, and the dream of what could be.
Old 01-04-2003, 04:34   #12
DREAMFUSION
Seasoned Member

DREAMFUSION is off the scale

thanks caabrego and xoan.

so, "ultras" mean "extreme fans"... from the way u described it, it's as if they LIVE for football... they don't seem to have a normal job otherwise they dont have the time to keep up with that kinda lifestyle of following the team schedule THAT closely...

so in other words, the japs arent part of the local galician crowd of fans... so no asians in riazor blues?

ok, i gather that it's safe for me to go to riazor to watch a match cos i wont be in physical danger for being a chinese, but no chance to interact with the gallego fans?
Old 01-04-2003, 13:08   #13
Xoán
Retired Admin
Peña Member

he,he... kind of... some of them don't really have a life outside football... (just like us! ) That's why they usually are young people (many times teenagers), i.e. they "only" have to go to school/college, and then football takes the rest of their time... it's kind of difficult to be an "ultra" if you want to keep up your job! But you get the picture quite well DrmFus
Also, there're not that many Asians living in A Coruña, you see, that's why they're not that "common" in Riazor, that's all. This is the only reason why there're no Asians in RB (as far as I know!); that's a very local thing, you have to live there.
Anyway, there's NO DANGER whatsoever in going to Riazor, no matter what race, colour or planet you're from... (they even let me in!!! )
Now, if you want to interact you have to: a) find someone who speaks any language you may speak; b) learn Galician and/or Spanish. People in that city is very friendly, so if you want to "interact" just approach someone and say "hi, I'm from *** and I've just made *** km/miles to see this game"... that'd suffice
You see, every Galician city has a "slogan" or popular saying; A Coruña's is: "A Coruña, the city where noone is a stranger"
Old 01-04-2003, 19:13   #14
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

Leon is an unknown quantity at this point

I have not experienced any racial thing related to Deportivo in the last 10 years...

FORZA DEPOR
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 13:01   #15
LondonDeporHincha

LondonDeporHincha is off the scale

all the riazor blues i know are big skinheads that could terify anyone. but there also the biggest anti- racists i know.
Xoan is right.
LondonDeporHincha is offline   Reply With Quote