Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

View Poll Results: Which duo do you pick?
Makaay and Tristán? 0 0%
Valerón and Makaay? 5 100.00%
Tristán and Valerón? 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2003, 20:30   #1
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

Leon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Offensive players against Barcelona?

My pick to Valerón and Makaay as Tristán is out of form...
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 21:22   #2
DEPOR_THRU N THRU

DEPOR_THRU N THRU is off the scale

Leon I agree with you. I would play Valeron with Makaay as they are both playing well. It was a joy to watch valerons ball control and skills last sunday. Also I feel Tristan doesn't work hard to win the ball back or to make lots of runs while Makaay gives you the pace and willingness to get to the ball and fantastic scoring rate. I liked it when Makaay nearly fooled Westerveld by looking like he was going to cross it then shooting.

That\'s right because Depor are the greatest and most exciting team in the WORLD!!!
DEPOR_THRU N THRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 01:36   #3
Xoán
Retired Admin
Peña Member

Xoán has disabled reputation

Makaay and Luque, and Valerón behind them, organising the game. Tristán on the bench ready to, eventually, replace Luque in the 65th minute
The fellowship was a brief beginning, a fair time that cannot be forgotten; and because it will not be forgotten, that fair time may come again. Now once more I must ride with my knights to defend what was, and the dream of what could be.
Xoán is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 01:42   #4
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Isn`t great making planes with the attacking players that we have? I say we should try with Valerón and two strikers: Makaay-Tristán or Makaay-Luque ; Luque cold make trouble with his velocity and Tristán could destroy central defenders with his skills (like he did last year).
Old 11-04-2003, 07:38   #5
Lendoiro

Lendoiro is off the scale

Tristan and Valeron.
Lendoiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 08:55   #6
carreina
Beginner

carreina is off the scale

I agree with u leon. Normally i would always support Tristan in any line up . But this year his yield is most dissappointing. Especially in past 5 or 6 games he looks very out of it almost as if he'd rather be anywhere but here!
carreina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 09:43   #7
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

Concerning using two strikers + Valerón, this is an utopia and I don't think there's 1% chance Jabo will do this. He wants to win the battle in midfield....
Old 11-04-2003, 13:39   #8
Xoán
Retired Admin
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon
Concerning using two strikers + Valerón, this is an utopia and I don't think there's 1% chance Jabo will do this. He wants to win the battle in midfield....

I know... it's just what I'd do
I also think that the control of the midfield does not only depend on the number of midfielders you have, but in the attitude of the team...
I remember when Arsenio was coaching, and Depor had to play to R.Madrid in the Bernabeu. Some stupid journalist asked: "so, Arsenio, Depor is going to the Bernabeu... so... Depor is going to play safe, with lots of defenders, isn't it?"... Arsenio (nicknamed "the fox", among other nicknames) answered: "oh yes, we have to show respect to R.Madrid; you're right [idiot] we'll play with 5 defenders"...
In that game Depor played with five defenders, alright, but Arsenio put them in the midfield, so all the team was actually attacking...
One of the "central defenders" was Donato, I think, and he spent the whole game passing balls to the area...
The fellowship was a brief beginning, a fair time that cannot be forgotten; and because it will not be forgotten, that fair time may come again. Now once more I must ride with my knights to defend what was, and the dream of what could be.
Old 15-04-2003, 22:44   #9
Mattias
Peña Member

Mattias is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoán
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon

I know... it's just what I'd do
I also think that the control of the midfield does not only depend on the number of midfielders you have, but in the attitude of the team...
I remember when Arsenio was coaching, and Depor had to play to R.Madrid in the Bernabeu. Some stupid journalist asked: "so, Arsenio, Depor is going to the Bernabeu... so... Depor is going to play safe, with lots of defenders, isn't it?"... Arsenio (nicknamed "the fox", among other nicknames) answered: "oh yes, we have to show respect to R.Madrid; you're right [idiot] we'll play with 5 defenders"...
In that game Depor played with five defenders, alright, but Arsenio put them in the midfield, so all the team was actually attacking...
One of the "central defenders" was Donato, I think, and he spent the whole game passing balls to the area...
That sounds great I wonder what Arsenio is up to currently?
Mattias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2003, 03:29   #10
Xoán
Retired Admin
Peña Member

Arsenio is retired. I don't know how old is he, but he's quite old... I mean, he has had enough of football all his life...
He's now just enjoying live , and enjoying he's a hero to all of us
Old 16-04-2003, 10:26   #11
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

"The Fox" is a legend in Galician (I think...). I still remember his last Liga match at home, against Logrones in 1995....
Old 16-04-2003, 18:32   #12
Mattias
Peña Member

Mattias is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoán
Arsenio is retired. I don't know how old is he, but he's quite old... I mean, he has had enough of football all his life...
He's now just enjoying live , and enjoying he's a hero to all of us
Is his favourite club Depor or some other, as he coached Madrid after too?
Mattias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2003, 19:36   #13
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

I think is lifetime club is Depor, but the opportunity at Madrid was an unique one... I cannot blame him for using that chance, it's one of the biggest clubs in the world...
Old 17-04-2003, 01:00   #14
Xoán
Retired Admin
Peña Member

Depor was his "love"... He was a clubman, and he always has been deeply attached to Depor.
When he want to R.Madrid for a few games he always knew it was only for a few games, and 'cos he wanted to play the CL ("an old dream", he said). He just felt like doing that after retiring... well, and he also had some "pressures" to get the job... but that's a different story.
In any case, I don't blame him.
He'll always be our "fox", our "wizard".
Forza Arsenio!
Old 17-04-2003, 08:03   #15
Kenji
Almost Regular

Kenji is off the scale
Default Tristan and Makaay

I am For Tristan and Makaay .
Kenji is offline   Reply With Quote