Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 14-04-2003, 13:12   #1
DEPOR_THRU N THRU

DEPOR_THRU N THRU is off the scale
Default Our squad

New signings
Maybe we need to strengthen our squad a little but I feel our squad is excellent and that we have one of the best squads in Europe!!!!

That\'s right because Depor are the greatest and most exciting team in the WORLD!!!
DEPOR_THRU N THRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2003, 14:24   #2
Lendoiro

Lendoiro is off the scale

Theres a thread on potential new signings. No need to stand out on your own...

As for this squad being excellent - You're very short sighted. We still need a squad rotating winger or two. Fran is getting old, and Victor cant do it on his own, especially with injuries, fighting with Jabo etc.

In Europe? Nah i'll tell you a couple who actually do though.

Real Madrid, Juventus, AC Milan, Manchester United and Bayern Munich.

We currently have 3 strikers who are all very good, in a 1 man striker formation. And one attacking playmaker in the 25 man squad. We have 5 Defensive mids, in a 2 man pivot mid-field. We have 3 Wingers, for two wing positions.

Wishes, Leindoro.
Lendoiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2003, 17:50   #3
Julen
Administrator

Peña Member

Julen is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Julen Send a message via Skype™ to Julen

Please stop jokin!!!

Tell me Real Madrid players that can substitute Zidane, Raul, Figo, ........except Portillo all are crap
Julen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2003, 19:59   #4
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

Leon is an unknown quantity at this point

DEPOR_THRU'N'THRU and JULEN are right, we have one of the best SQUADS in Europe.

Compare it to Real Madrid. I don't think players like Raúl, Figo, Zidane etc. have missed more than 6-7 matches this season so there's no need for them having a big squad... it seems thar they have such an excellent medical staff that their players can handle it... but don't forget last season as Madrid wasted their Copa final and Liga in the final months... I cannot escape the feeling that their players were burnt out and only the class of Casillas and Zidane helped them winning the CL final..

Take out R. Carlos, Zidane and Rául and R. Madrid won't win a single match... take out Molina, Valerón and Andrade (all starters) and you have what has been Depor's season so far...
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2003, 21:43   #5
dip14
Seasoned Member

dip14 is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon
DEPOR_THRU'N'THRU and JULEN are right, we have one of the best SQUADS in Europe.

Compare it to Real Madrid. I don't think players like Raúl, Figo, Zidane etc. have missed more than 6-7 matches this season so there's no need for them having a big squad... it seems thar they have such an excellent medical staff that their players can handle it... but don't forget last season as Madrid wasted their Copa final and Liga in the final months... I cannot escape the feeling that their players were burnt out and only the class of Casillas and Zidane helped them winning the CL final..

Take out R. Carlos, Zidane and Rául and R. Madrid won't win a single match... take out Molina, Valerón and Andrade (all starters) and you have what has been Depor's season so far...

Yes.......very true..........and with absence of some "key" players....
like fran,valleron,victor,andare for a long period..........we still
get the 2nd position...........that proves we have a very strong squad...........but of course we need winger and a proper backup
for Valleron.............................
dip14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2003, 23:33   #6
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

Quote:
with absence of some "key" players....
like fran,valleron,victor,andare for a long period..........we still
get the 2nd position...........that proves we have a very strong squad

Exactly! I don't think Zidane is so much better than Valerón and Raúl than Makaay... but we have players like Mauro, Sergio, Tristán and Luque to cover for them.... we can handle all those injuries we have had, but there's panic in Madrid if ONE player is missing...
Old 15-04-2003, 01:06   #7
Lendoiro

Pavon, Ruben, Cambiasso, Solari, Morientes, Portillo, Mcmanaman and Minambres are crap?

They'd all be good enough to start for most clubs in Europe. If it was my choice, we should buy Solari and Macca, two wingers we desperately need. Pavon and Ruben could end up being the future of Spains defense, Morientes and Portillo's reputation speaks for itself, and Cambiasso was a starter for a large portion of the season.
Old 15-04-2003, 03:17   #8
depor_hk

depor_hk is off the scale
Send a message via ICQ to depor_hk

I agree our squad is one of the best in Europe
however when compare to the others we have many player who is over 30 so their fitness is a big worry (Fran, Donato, Silva, Naybet, romero) and they will just get older and older.......
If we need to maintain our status as one of the elite class in europe, we must buy some quality youngsters to keep our result. Look at RM they have alreadly have many young player and they have enough experience even they are young.
depor_hk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2003, 06:39   #9
DREAMFUSION
Seasoned Member

DREAMFUSION is off the scale

come to think of it, it is indeed an achievement that depor can still be second in la liga despite losing some starters to injury. so the squad is able to function well no matter who plays... so the players are more or less as strong as each other... a consistently strong squad. such a squad can still be improved, by the long-awaited winger etc. It's also true that many of our key players are aging so we need young replacements too.

but for our squad to reach its full potential and be recognised for it, the mentality of the players has to change to one that is MORE hungry for goals, more attack-minded. if you don't attack you don't score, you don't win matches, you don't win the big prizes neccessary for more recognition. this recognition is neccessary if you want to have more depor fans around you.

yes we need young replacements, and we need a slightly more fiery mentality. we can have all the transfers we need, but without the strong desire to score and win, it's not going to be of much use.
Old 15-04-2003, 08:50   #10
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

Quote:
Pavon, Ruben, Cambiasso, Solari, Morientes, Portillo, Mcmanaman and Minambres are crap?

No, they're not crap... but their level is quite far from the starters at Madrid... and THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE... If these mentioned players are on the pitch, Madrid are quite a normal team and so their squad hasn't a balance...

At Depor it doesn't really matter whether Donato, Andrade, César or Héctor plays as central defence, it doesn't matter whether Romero or Capdevila is a leftback or whether Scaloni, Héctor or Manuel Pablo is a rightback... it doesn't difference much whether Sergio or Duscher play and upfront the quality of Luque, Tristán and Makaay is close to eachother...

Who are the central defenders of Madrid? Hierro looked and old man on Sunday and Helguera is a midfielder, Pavón is good but not more than this... and that's it... Shall we give Hierro a four match ban (like César), have Pavón injured (like Andrade) and Helguera struggling with injuries? (like Donato, Pablo Amo, Djorovic).... What the hell are Madrid going to do if they had our problems?

What's left of Madrid if Zidane is more absent than playing? (Valerón)... What if their best offensive right winger (Figo) is injured like Víctor is? Who's gonna play left back at Madrid if R. Carlos is injured? Who's gonna play rightback if Salgado is injured like Manuel Pablo has been? Has Casillas had cancer?

Conclusion: their first eleven are magnificent, but their squad isn't balanced nor is their squad built up of the same quality...

And about the age thing, do you guys know how old R. Carlos, Hierro, Salgado, Flávio, Figo, Zidane etc are? I will tell you...Zidane (almost 31), Hierro (35), Salgado (27), Flávio (28), Figo (30), R. Carlos (30)....

What's wrong with their age? Nothing... just like at Deportivo...
Old 15-04-2003, 10:25   #11
Blues Londres
Beginner

Blues Londres is off the scale
Default our squad

I think our squad is one of the best in Europe but to challenge again we will need to strengthen in the summer. Certain players who i think would be good signings are Ricardo Quaresma who plays for Sporting Lisboa, he is superb player who can play on either wing & would be very useful. I have also been impressed this season with Xabi Alonso of Real Sociedad, another good young player. I Have also noticed that Fadiga of Auxxere will be available for transfer in the summer & he is a very good Left winger who would also come in handy next season. It also depends on if any players will depart the club in the summer. Do you think the club would accept a large transfer fee for say Diego Tristan??
It will be interesting to see what happens this summer but lets hope we will be to busy celebrating the championship!!!

FORZA DEPOR OE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blues Londres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2003, 10:30   #12
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

Blues Londres, welcome to the forum!

Indeed, Xabi Alonso has impressed a lot this season. I think he was the best on the pitch on Sunday in the match between Sociedad and Madrid. But players like this are always bound to their club and region (like Julen Guerrero). I don't think he will swap clubs withing the next two seasons...

I think Deportivo will accept a big offer for Diego Tristán, but I don't think such an offer (more than 25 million Euro) will come.... so without surprises the squad will be more or less the same as this season...

gr
Old 15-04-2003, 11:36   #13
Lendoiro

Tristan's price has fallen considerably this season. He was a potential 25-30m pound type player sale, now he's fallen to the region of 10-15m pounds.

Im also a fan of Xabi Alonso. Saez must chose him soon. I doubt he'll move to the Riazor, especially now that the Basque club is growing.
Old 15-04-2003, 12:50   #14
Blues Londres
Beginner

Blues Londres is off the scale

I would accept 10-15 million pounds for Tristan considering the financial state of football at the moment but as Leon said i don't think that offer will come. Juaquin has openly stated that the only team he would leave Betis for would be Real Madrid because he is a lifelong fan( poor guy!!)

FORZA DEPOR OE!!
Blues Londres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2003, 13:52   #15
Depor_Vin
Veteran
Peña Member

Depor_Vin is an unknown quantity at this point

Our squad is one of the best europe! I agree with all the guyz who sed that. However the only critisism I have is that we need a defender, most preferably a centre back. Romero and Hector cannot keep adjusting to that position as its not thier fav one obviously. Our attack on the other hand just shows off! Valeron, Makaay,Tristan,Fran,Victor,Luque.......the list goes on! I mean...WOW! Naybet is our best defender I think and hes getting older. There is Cesar of course but hes always critisized for his pace. Also therz Andrade who I think will go on to be one of our best defenders , if he can stop getting injured!!! I think we just need one centre back whether that be for back up or first team.

What u guyz think? Has this been mentoned before by the way? If it has I'm sorry!
Depor_Vin is offline   Reply With Quote