Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > World Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

World Football For other football that's not related to Depor. For example: the Primera División, Segunda División A, Segunda División B, the Champions League, EURO 2008, the World Cup 2010, Italy, England, Germany, Turkey etc.

Old 03-09-2003, 10:02   #1
aekforlife
Beginner

aekforlife is off the scale
Default AEK Athens

Hi guys!

I´m a fan of AEK and wanted to hear your opinion about the first match in our group between AEK and Depor in Athens? I heard that there is a PSV fan here in the Forum that sayd that AEK is the weakest team in the group . I think he is dreaming. I´d like to remind him that we scored 5 times against Real last year and played two draws against them. And experts in Greece say that we play the best football in Greece.
Would you like me to introduce my team to you?
And who did organize this site? Is it a fanclub? Or is it just an english fanpage for Depor?
aekforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 10:09   #2
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

Leon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello and welcome!

There are no weak teams in this group... I saw both matchesof AEK Athens against Real Madrid and they impressed me a lot. Besides, the Greek fans or of the best in Europe so I don't consider any team as a 'walk-over'.... Who are your best players at the moment?

gr
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 10:10   #3
javientes
Site Team

Peña Member

javientes is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Would you like me to introduce my team to you?

Please look for this information in the subject PSV.. I just did this intro for them.. not gonna write it all again

This page is made by a couple of fans (all over the world).. and is becoming more and more popular and proffesional.
javientes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 10:38   #4
aekforlife
Beginner

First of all congratulations for the great site! I´m planning a similar project for AEK

Our best player at the moment is Vasilis Tsartas. You may know him because he played at FC Sevilla a few years ago. He has great technique and a great passing game. Only problem is that he is injured at the moment (but I think he will play in the first game against Depor). Also he is not in his best form at the moment.
Another great player is Giannis Okkas, a great striker. He is the Diego Tristan of AEK
Old 03-09-2003, 10:42   #5
javientes
Site Team

Peña Member

javientes is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Our best player at the moment is Vasilis Tsartas. You may know him because he played at FC Sevilla a few years ago.

Yes I sure know him! He has a very good left isnt it? I always have found him a great player..
javientes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 10:55   #6
aekforlife
Beginner

You´re right, he is known for his deadly left foot. In his best time 50% of his freekicks ended as a goal.
Our biggest star was Nikolaidis till he went to Atletico de Madrid. For about 6 years he was AEK. He was married to the club. I never saw a player who was so much in love with his club. When he went to Atletico AEK had to pay him about 400.000 Euros salary, but he didn´t take it because he knew the club had no money. One time he won a penalty but he went to the refery and told him that he wasn´t fouled. That is sportmanship. Therefor he got a fair-play award from the UEFA. We´ll certainly miss him But our new striker Okkas is a master too! He is still 26 years old (Nikolaidis is 30) and scored unbelievable goals in the last weeks.
Old 03-09-2003, 11:01   #7
Hollanda
Beginner

Hollanda is off the scale
Default Re: AEK Athens

Quote:
Originally Posted by aekforlife
Hi guys!

I´m a fan of AEK and wanted to hear your opinion about the first match in our group between AEK and Depor in Athens? I heard that there is a PSV fan here in the Forum that sayd that AEK is the weakest team in the group . I think he is dreaming. I´d like to remind him that we scored 5 times against Real last year and played two draws against them. And experts in Greece say that we play the best football in Greece.

What I meant was not that I think AEK is a weak team, but in Holland the group is considered the most equal, with Depor being the strongest and AEK being (maybe) the weakest. Think of Depor 60%, Monaco and PSV 50 and AEK 48. So no disrespect at all!

I think that all teams have a chance of qualifying and it will be very, very tight.

AEK fan, can you give a description of your team? And what do you think of PSV and how is PSV and the Dutch competition regarded in Greece?

Thanks!
Hollanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 11:57   #8
aekforlife
Beginner

Default Re: AEK Athens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollanda
What I meant was not that I think AEK is a weak team, but in Holland the group is considered the most equal, with Depor being the strongest and AEK being (maybe) the weakest. Think of Depor 60%, Monaco and PSV 50 and AEK 48. So no disrespect at all!

I think that all teams have a chance of qualifying and it will be very, very tight.

AEK fan, can you give a description of your team? And what do you think of PSV and how is PSV and the Dutch competition regarded in Greece?

Thanks!

OK, I understand what you mean

Well, first of all the history of my team (sorry for my poor english):

The team was officially founded in 1924 by greek refugees from Constantinople (better known as Istanbul). As you know Constantinople was greek a long long time. But in the beginning of the 20th century the greeks where expelled from there former home. So some of them settled down in a district of Athens called "Nea Filadelfia" So the Club is more than a professional football club. It´s like a family for most of the fans. For example my father was a refugee from Constantinople too. The colors yellow/black are the colors of the bycantine empire and the double eagle the logo

AEK means "Athlitiki Enosis Konstantinopoleos" which means "Athletic Union of Constantinople"

performance:

Championships: 11 (1939, 1940, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1978, 1979, 1989, 1992, 1993, 1994)

Cups: 13 (1932, 1939, 1949, 1950, 1956, 1964, 1966, 1978, 1983, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2002)

Super Cup: 1 (1989)

League Cup: 1 (1991)

The best performance of AEK in Europe was during the 1976-77 UEFA season when it reached the semi-finals of the competition.

Stadium:

Our old stadium was the "Nikos Goumas" Stadium:

Its capacity was about 25.000
One month ago it was broke off and a new stadium is planned. It will become real palace with a capacity of 33.000 (almost like the riazor). Ot will also contain a shopping mall and a cinema megaplex. Under the pitch there will be constructed a basketball hall with a capacity of 8.000 (AEK has also a great Basketball Team which has won also a few european trohys). Hopefully it will be ready at the end of next yearIt will look like this:

Our CL games will be played in the old stadium of Panathinaikos (they are also planning a new stadium) Its capacity is just 16.620 but 10.000 greek fans are enough for a great noise :

This is how it looks like when AEK plays in Europe (this was against Barcelona) :

OK, what else do you want to know?
Old 03-09-2003, 12:06   #9
Bagsie
Peña Member

Bagsie is off the scale
Send a message via AIM to Bagsie Send a message via MSN to Bagsie

Nice pictures!
Old 03-09-2003, 13:17   #10
Hollanda
Beginner

Hollanda is off the scale

Tell me something about the players!

Should you want any info on PSV and the squad, let me know!
Hollanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 13:37   #11
Feliuk
Administrator

Peña Member

Feliuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Feliuk

When any team gets to this stage they must be good and respected. I know there are stronger teams and weaker teams but everyone is there on Merit. Obviously AEK fans think their team will progress same as the others and why not they have just a good a chance a s the others.
Ofcourse I think Depor will go through

Feliuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 14:27   #12
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

welcome to all AEK fans
tell me something: is Walter Centeno(Costa Rica) out of AEK for this season?
Old 03-09-2003, 19:06   #13
aekforlife
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabrego
welcome to all AEK fans
tell me something: is Walter Centeno(Costa Rica) out of AEK for this season?

Yes he is. I know he is a good playmaker but he had problems to become a member of the team. But where do you know him from?

And I´ll introduce you the players of AEK tomorrow. I´ll go out now See you tomorrow!!!
Old 03-09-2003, 19:12   #14
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by aekforlife
Yes he is. I know he is a good playmaker but he had problems to become a member of the team. But where do you know him from?

And I´ll introduce you the players of AEK tomorrow. I´ll go out now See you tomorrow!!!

I'm from El Salvador and here we follow all the Central American players in European football, they aren't many
Old 03-09-2003, 21:52   #15
freddy pea
Beginner

freddy pea is off the scale

I have heard that AEK are pretty strong at home, but seem to weaken when they play away, what is your opinion?
freddy pea is offline   Reply With Quote