Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > World Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

World Football For other football that's not related to Depor. For example: the Primera División, Segunda División A, Segunda División B, the Champions League, EURO 2008, the World Cup 2010, Italy, England, Germany, Turkey etc.

Old 04-09-2003, 08:49   #16
HelmiJamesHassan

HelmiJamesHassan is off the scale

I'll hope your right!
HelmiJamesHassan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 15:40   #17
pebinho
Occasional Member
Peña Member

pebinho is off the scale

Because of Tsartas, i think AEK is great team. Last year in UCL first phase round Tsartas play very well expecially against Real Madrid. He´s freekicks were phenomenal.

I have heard about Okkas. Did he play at PAOK before he go to AEK. If Walter Centeno doesn´t play in AEK whatabout his country-fellow Mauricio Wright.
pebinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 16:26   #18
aekforlife
Beginner

aekforlife is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy pea
I have heard that AEK are pretty strong at home, but seem to weaken when they play away, what is your opinion?

I don´t think thats right. If you remember we played 2-2 in Madrid against Real and 1-1 in Rome against AS Roma last year. Actually we play much better as outsiders with nobody to count on us. But we are very nervous when the other team is obviously weaker because AEK is a team that cant handle pressure very well. But when you play against Real or Depor you dont have the pressure.

Well, here is my team!!!! (I´ll just mention the players that could play in the CL

AEK ATHENS

2. Vasilis Borbokis
right defender, 34 years old. Although he is 34 years old he plays a very important role. He is still fast and has a great shot

3. Milen Petkov
Central Midfielder, 29. He is the backup for our playmaker Tsiartas

5. Nikos Kostenoglou
central defender, 33. He is a player for the bench. An old hand.

6. Theodoros Zagorakis
defensive midfielder, 32. He is our Roy Keane, a tough player with a good shot

7. Christos Maladenis
offensive midfielder, 29. He is something like a jolly joker.

8. Michel Kreik
central defender from the Netherlands, 32. He doesnt play very often although I think he does a good work

9. Giannis Okkas
Striker from Cyprus, 26. He is one of our stars. A GREAT striker. He has everything. Speed, technique, sense for the goal. A complete player. He came new this year from PAOK Saloniki. We bought him because Demis Nikolaidis left for Atletico Madrid

10. Vasilis Tsiartas
Midfielder, Playmaker, 31. Surely the best greek player at the moment. Excellent passing game, Excellent free kicks, very intelligent player. But he is a Diva and very slow

16. Nikos Georgeas
Right Defender, 27. He is the backup for Borbokis. Very small but fast player. His problem is that he makes too much obvious fouls

17. Michalis Kasapis
Left defender, 32. An old hand with a lot of routine.

[img]19. Kofi Abonsah[/img]
Central defender, 25. He came this year from PAOK because Mauricio Wright left the club. I cant say much about him because he played just 2 matches at AEK.

20. Sotiris Konstantinidis
Striker, 26. He doesnt play in the first team very often. But he is a good jolly joker. Great technique but very slow. He is called "The Doctor" by the fans because he studies medicine

21. Kostas Katsouranis
Defensive Midfielder, 24. He is a GREAT talent of greek football. Although he is still young he plays as he was the boss. Very calm, great passes, great tacklings. I´m sure he´ll make a big transfer one day.

22. Dionisis Chiotis
Goalkeeper, 26. Our number one in the goal. A good man, but a little bit small. Just 1,84

23. Vasilis Lakis
Right Midfielder, 26. Very important player. He is EXTREMELY fast. If he had a better technique and a better finish he woul be an international star. But when Tsiartas plays a long pass he is the right man.

30. Ilia Ivic
Striker, 32. Intelligent forward . He smells the goal but he is very slow.

31. Grigoris Georgatos
Left Midfielder, 31. well, most of you will know him from his time at Inter. He is an extremely fast winger with a brilliant cross.

32. Michalis Kapsis
Central defender, 30. Very important player. He is the best greek defender at the moment. Also very fast.

33. Nikos Liberopoulos
Midfielder/Striker, 28. Maybe you know him from Panathinaikos. He came to AEK this year after a conflict with his old team. GREAT player. Good finish, great passes and unexpected actions.

88. Dimitris Nalitzis
Striker, 28. Poor performance at the moment

Possible formation against Depor:

-----------------------------Chiotis---------------------------

Borbokis----Abonsah----------Kapsis----------Kasapis

------------------Zagorakis----Katsouranis----------------

Lakis-----------------------------------------------Georgatos

--------------------------Tsartas------------------------------

---------------------------Okkas--------------------------------

bench: Liberopoulos, Georgeas, Konstantinidis, Kostenoglou, Petkov, Ivic

Our internationals:

for Greece: Tsiartas, Zagorakis, Katsouranis, Lakis, Kapsis

Okkas for Cyprus, Abonsah for Ghana, Petkov for Bulgaria, Ivic for Serbia
aekforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 16:59   #19
pebinho
Occasional Member
Peña Member

pebinho is off the scale

AEK looks a quite good team. Defensive line don´t look so strong as midfield or offensive.
pebinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 17:35   #20
QueSalsaLuque
Seasoned Member
Peña Member

QueSalsaLuque is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to QueSalsaLuque

looks like a pretty old team!!

A proud Depor fan since 1998
QueSalsaLuque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 17:39   #21
aekforlife
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pebinho
AEK looks a quite good team. Defensive line don´t look so strong as midfield or offensive.

You are absolutely right. The defensive line is our weakness. The only high class defender (I would say world class) is Michalis Kapsis. He managed to cut off players like Raul, Batistuta or Shevchenko

Quote:
looks like a pretty old team!!

This is also right. Just like Depor
Old 05-09-2003, 03:33   #22
Anton
Site Team
Peña Member

Anton is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Anton

damn, while i have been gone i have missed some good conversations... I think that i am more scared of AEK athens than i am of PSV Eindhoven!!!!

the reason for this is that playing in Greece is like playing in Hell (sorry for the analogy), but its so intimidating. A match in greece is baisically an automatic draw or loss, at least at PSV we have a chance, but because greek home matches are so tough, im almost sure they will win all of there home games. I think that AEK are the best team in greece, and they play an extreemely dangerous brand of football!!

I think i will be happy if you bench Liberopoulos - he is a phenomenol player, yet at the same time if you can afford to bench him then you must have a good side, and obviously you do, but i think you should play petkov aswell, he is good!! im also scared of: Katsouranis, Tsartas, Georgatos, and Konstantinidis (i also think he should start).

but although they are tough, i think Depor are better, and hopefully can draw or win in greece, but that is so hard to do!!!!
Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 10:18   #23
aekforlife
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton
I think that AEK are the best team in greece, and they play an extreemely dangerous brand of football!!

Thank you for your praise Actually experts in Greece say that we deserved the championship last year. Bur maybe you know about the prolem in Greece. Olympiakos git champion for the seventh time in a row. But what do they do in Europe?? Nothing. Losses after losses (For example against Maccabi Haifa!!!!). The reason is that Olympiakos is the team of the state just like Real in Spain but more criminal. The club president is corrupt. All the years Panathinaikos and AEK were much better than Olympiakos, but you know what you can achieve with referees on your side.

@Anton: Were do you know AEK from?
Old 05-09-2003, 11:45   #24
Djalminha

Peña Member

Djalminha is an unknown quantity at this point

I fear Chiotis very much cause he is the best goalkeeper in Championship Manager 02/03 and he also played very well last year.

I will be exciting to see if they have learned to win instead of playing tie's all the time. It was very strange last year I think.
Old 05-09-2003, 12:00   #25
aekforlife
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djalminha
I fear Chiotis very much cause he is the best goalkeeper in Championship Manager 02/03 and he also played very well last year.

You´re right! I also bought him in the Championship Manager!

Quote:
I will be exciting to see if they have learned to win instead of playing tie's all the time. It was very strange last year I think.

We´ll have to play more offensive. Last year our coach wanted always to have control of the game. I think this year we´ll have to take more risk.
Old 05-09-2003, 23:57   #26
Ralo

Peña Member

Ralo is an unknown quantity at this point

Been talking to the Greeks in the neighborhoods ans they are absolutely, 100% sure that AEK will advance and go unbeaten at home. They dont predict, but know Depor and AEK will advance. I've never seen such confidence in a team before. Even Greek, non-AEK fans agree!
Ralo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 08:17   #27
Anton
Site Team
Peña Member

Anton is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by aekforlife
Olympiakos is the team of the state just like Real in Spain but more criminal. The club president is corrupt

yeh i know the story, unfortunatly. My freind is a Panathinaikos supporter, and he talks about greek football ALOT. And he has his relatives (he is greek) send him all the matches occasionally on tape, so i watch them, and some are of AEK. - all we talk about is spanish and greek football, because he is the only one at my school, who knows anyone other than EPL teams, so that is where i know AEK from.
Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 14:27   #28
Julen
Administrator

Peña Member

Julen is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Julen Send a message via Skype™ to Julen

AEK really played two very good matches against Real Madrid. Maybe in Riazor we won't find any problems winning but lets see waht happens in Greece
Julen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 15:06   #29
luquegol

luquegol is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to luquegol

i think that aek has a verry good team very balanced whith veteran old players en the speed of youth i find it very bad that nikolaidis left he was 1 of the best players last year

This together united => superdepor!!!
luquegol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 16:45   #30
aekforlife
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by luquegol
i find it very bad that nikolaidis left he was 1 of the best players last year

You´re right. A good and above all sympathetic player. Everybody in Greece likes him. He loves AEK more than any other player can. His only problem was that he was in a crisis last season. After a few bad matches he felt a lot of pressure and couldn´t come back. So he went to Atletico to find his form again. But he´ll come back for sure in two years even when he is 33 then.

Quote:
Been talking to the Greeks in the neighborhoods ans they are absolutely, 100% sure that AEK will advance and go unbeaten at home. They dont predict, but know Depor and AEK will advance. I've never seen such confidence in a team before. Even Greek, non-AEK fans agree!

well, in football you can NEVER be sure of anything. But I think that we have MUCH better chances than last year when we had Real and Roma in our team. Now we have just one world-class team in our group (of course Depor) and I think (that´s just my personal feeling as a fan of AEK, don´t blame me) that PSV and Monaco are a little bit under our potential.

Quote:
My freind is a Panathinaikos supporter, and he talks about greek football ALOT. And he has his relatives (he is greek) send him all the matches occasionally on tape, so i watch them, and some are of AEK. - all we talk about is spanish and greek football, because he is the only one at my school, who knows anyone other than EPL teams, so that is where i know AEK from.

There are a lot of greek people in Australia, aren´t they?