Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Closed Thread

Old 13-09-2006, 15:06   #61
ilyas
Banned
Banned

ilyas is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ilyas

i think i am only the man who agree Fre_Bro. he just remind us a old tactic that if you cant score dont give away
Old 13-09-2006, 15:07   #62
Daniel_Svard

Peña Member

Daniel_Svard is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin66
It makes me If there's no Fire_Bro here,we would all share (almost) the same opinion

Ok i'm happy for u. I agree that we need to have different opinions, but i don't think u have to spit on people just because they like things other people doesnt... If somebody thinks i have done this i am truly sorry.
Old 13-09-2006, 15:08   #63
Fire_Bro
Banned
Banned

Fire_Bro is off the scale
Send a message via ICQ to Fire_Bro Send a message via MSN to Fire_Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_Svard
Ok i'm happy for u. I agree that we need to have different opinions, but i don't think u have to spit on people just because they like things other people doesnt... If somebody thinks i have done this i am truly sorry.

I forgive you.
Old 13-09-2006, 15:11   #64
Daniel_Svard

Peña Member

Daniel_Svard is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhorse
i think i am only the man who agree Fre_Bro. he just remind us a old tactic that if you cant score dont give away

I can accept this tactic too, as long as we don't do worse than last season i agree with anything capa does! If capa thinks this is the way to formate the team, then it is!

I just want everyone to understand that there will ALWAYS be people who whine about a team that plays defensive soccer. Look at Juve, how much hasn't they been whined about?

Okey Fire_bro i admit i might have offended you in one of my last posts, but i felt very offended too, thats why. I'm sorry. I think my answer about this whole subject can be found in the last paragraph.

Last edited by Daniel_Svard : 13-09-2006 at 15:14.
Old 13-09-2006, 15:19   #65
Crocodile_Dundee
Veteran

Peña Member

Crocodile_Dundee is an unknown quantity at this point

Expectations are always going to be high considering how we have competed not only with the likes of Valencia but also with RM & Barca over a good number of years. Many feel that being ultra defensive against Mallorca was a mistake by Capa, others feel he was correct in doing this. On this board many have different views on how the team should play, who they should play etc. but that's the whole point of a forum.

I do agree though that Capa and his youngsters should be given time to gel and settle into a pattern of play which suits everyone.
Old 13-09-2006, 15:33   #66
Megalolz

Megalolz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocodile_Dundee

I do agree though that Capa and his youngsters should be given time to gel and settle into a pattern of play which suits everyone.

i agree you can really see some players grow
like barragan he make some mistakes in the begin but look against mallorca he didnt gave arango the chance to do a thing
and i also saw juan rodriguez adapt very quickly to his new position
Old 13-09-2006, 18:59   #67
Djalminha

Peña Member

Djalminha is an unknown quantity at this point

I think much of the Capa tactics are based on how we played the teams the year before. By this I mean that we use to loose at Mallorca but by using a very defensive tactic we did better this year as we got 1 point also last year we lost to Villareal at home so again Capa is thinking that 1 point is an improvement and offcourse he is hoping for a single goal that can give the three points.
Old 13-09-2006, 20:00   #68
Jurgisr
Almost Regular

Jurgisr is off the scale

I remember from last years, that Deportivo always played better in away matches, because then they used defensive tactic and waided for contraatacks. Maybe this tactic could work against Villarreal too. Besides this year, we have really fast players like Cristiano, Juan Rodriguez, who could score goals on Contratacs. Of course everyone expects, that local team seeks for victory at home, but we should use tactic which is best for us.
Old 14-09-2006, 00:30   #69
zbubnic
Beginner

zbubnic is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up game plan

depor must shoot, shoot and shoot. someone fall to goal
mayed be isnt a nice football, but better as 10 defending players in owen penalty area!
Old 14-09-2006, 03:32   #70
Anton
Site Team
Peña Member

Anton is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire_bro
I don't care about offensive/defensive style. This is not what I meant.

But since you put it this way I have an example. Who said that we played good against Zaragoza? We HAD to play offensively because they scored early in the match and we had nothing else to do. And even if they were down to 10 players they scored again and all you guys in here were praying for the match to end.

You should accept some facts. We don't have big budget, we have only many many young players that need time. If we go all out attack then who's gonna stay back? Arbeloa?

You all critisize Capa. That was Lendoiro's plan. To bring Capa because he has faith in young players. We couldn't afford to spend big money.

We need time and we must accept that we are not ready yet. We are not good if you like it that way.

ok maybe u didnt mean this but basically thats what we were kind of refering to with playing no striker.

but... The reason we played agressive v zaragoza (well we didnt really play agressive we played more balanced actually) but we played agressive because of the lineup and the tactics capa used! we playeed with a striker supported by agressive wingers and a attacking mid. fantastic. not because we were 1-0 down! if we went a goal down to mallorca we would have lost! as the players on the park were defensive and mostly incabable of breaking down defenses.

Now... if u read my posts i have never said capa is bad - i LOVE the revolution we are having i have been praying for it for 2 seasons and its here and i love it! BUT - we seem to be able to play 2 styles. a balanced style and a ultra defensive one. i am just saying the balanced one seems to be more effective - we play better we get more shots on goal and we seem to acheive more points. thats all.

So i think u must be talking about the other posters? because i actualy love capa. i also said in my post "i dont expect magic from us" maybe i should repeat that i dont expect us to play a divine game, i just expect us to play as best we can and for me thats enough! for me as best we can doesn not mean playing in our own half for 90 mins. if we do that it will mean our own death - jabo did it in his last year and thats what it translated to.

now. im not saying we go all out attack. and if we attack i certainly dont think that juanma or lopo is gonna do it! or duscher/colo LOL so if we do attack in answer to ur question who is gonna defend my answer is how about our DEFENDERS!! and DEFENSIVE MIDS!! i.e. colo, duscher, lopo, juanma, barragan or capdevila. there is 5 players defending if a outside back attacks by overlapping, and 6 if they dont. if we cant defend with that many players we should give up.

now i agree with what ur saying we cant play a awesome style yet! AND THATS FINE im not saying we should! i mean we're a new team im not expecting that. i just want to see us play the best we can and with all these promising youngsters in my opinion thats good football not all out defense!
Old 14-09-2006, 10:28   #71
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

I pretty much agree with Anton.

I even understand the need to play more defensive when away from home but for me, it wasn't so much that we played a more defensive style that was causing me concern.

I just couldn't quite get my head round the selection which had so many players out of position. Playing 2 recognised forwards on the wings while playing a midfielder up front seemed a little strange to me.

Fair play to Capa, he got the point which he was looking for but if it had backfired, I'm sure there would have been much more focus on that team selection and I also think that if we had been 1-0 down in this game, it would have been much harder to come back then it was with the selection we used against Zaragoza.
Old 14-09-2006, 14:26   #72
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Caparrós seems to be preparing something like this:

Auoate
Barragan - Lopo - Arbeloa - Capdevilla
Coloccini - Duscher
Arizmendi - Juan Rodriguez - Filipe
Riki

But Bodipo could replace Riki and I am not sure of Capa will sit Sergio.
Old 14-09-2006, 14:57   #73
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

i wud love to see either colo/duscher replaced by j. rodriguez and iago/verdu playing as playmaker.....
Old 14-09-2006, 15:14   #74
Anton
Site Team
Peña Member

Anton is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Anton

i kind of like j rodriguez as the attacking mid
Old 14-09-2006, 15:26   #75
Fabian
Peña Member

Fabian is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfavdepo
i wud love to see either colo/duscher replaced by j. rodriguez and iago/verdu playing as playmaker.....

Me too, that'd be a very interesting lineup, though in this particular game I think Capa's version is better, we need all the defence we have to handle Riquelme.