Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > World Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

World Football For other football that's not related to Depor. For example: the Primera División, Segunda División A, Segunda División B, the Champions League, EURO 2008, the World Cup 2010, Italy, England, Germany, Turkey etc.

Old 08-10-2011, 17:30   #301
Michał
Peña Member

Michał is on a distinguished road

Is there a seeding in play-off draws? If not I hope Bosnia plays vs. Montenegro. I'd love to see both of these teams during next years' tournament, but I somehow feel that no matter who they receive they'll lose so that such a draw would mean at least on of them at the EC2012
Michał is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:20   #302
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Great, Belgium is being plagued by injuries. Hazard is still very uncertain, after someone from Kazachstan stepped on his foot last Friday. Fortunately it seems Mertens will be fit. He could've easily broken his leg against Kazachstan. The referee gave that Kurgulin idiot a direct red card, but I hope he'll be suspended for at least 5 games. He took out Mertens' supporting leg by flying in with his studs, right on his knee. Crazy bastard.

And just now De Camargo has injured himself, and he's certainly out for tomorrow. Most of you probably don't know him, but so far he's the only one to have beaten Neuer in the German Bundesliga this season.

I'm glad Götze isn't playing for Germany, and it seems Kroos and Gundogan will get a place in the starting eleven. But it seems like Özil is playing though, which is bad news, as these Turkish Germans will be extremely motivated, of course. I still have hope though, because over half of Germany's team are Bayern players. I'm kind of hoping they like Van Buyten enough to tell him they'll go easy on Belgium
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 13:44   #303
zOrg

zOrg is off the scale

I would assume you do not want Germany to win but hope the game necessarily, they would set a record with a victory. Germany has never won all the qualifying games yet.

Against Turkey has played pretty much the first team. Against Belgium Götze is replaced by Özil. Kroos played a very good season so far, so he would also be no loss of quality.
Klose will not be able to play, this is unfortunately a loss.

I think we will win 3-1 or even 4-1.
But i prefer belgium for EM as Turkey. So only a draw makes me sad

And just a little hint: De Camargo is the only one beaten Neuer so far in the new complete season, not only Bundesliga
Old 10-10-2011, 14:09   #304
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

I'm afraid that I also expect a 3-1 or 4-1 win for Germany. Their current home record in this group is 6-2, 6-1, 4-0 and 3-0. So that tells you something.

It's simply undeniable that Belgium should've secured the second position by now, so nobody can say it wouldn't be deserved. Just compare the amount of goals scored between Belgium and Turkey. But of course, we can't change the past, and it's quite clear that we need a miracle to reach the play-offs. We realise the chance of us beating Germany are close to zero, but it's still football, anything can happen.

Turkey had the chance to take the lead against Germany, but Neuer saved, and then Germany easily disposed of Turkey on the counter. You never know what could happen tomorrow though. It would be crucial to take an early lead against Germany. We did it against Spain three years ago, and the only reason we lost to them was because the referee incorrectly cancelled our 2-1 winning goal for offside. Belgium is without a doubt capable of accomplishing this task, but we'll have to be extremely lucky for once, and don't make any silly mistakes. Otherwise, it'll be another simple victory for the Germans.

I'm worried about our rightback however, Ciman. He's the weak link in this team, and I'm pretty sure Germany will take advantage of it. Oh well, I'm expecting an easy win for Germany, but I'm still hoping we get lucky for once.
Old 10-10-2011, 14:19   #305
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

the only thing, for what I would not mind if Belgium reaches the play-offs, is, that there would be a possibility then to have a Srbija/Hrvatska/Bosnija - Belgium knock out match. Rather two. The forum would get fire before those matches
Old 10-10-2011, 18:57   #306
Marko
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Marko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorg
Pandev is among the trees?
The bigest one
Well he didn't play in Armenia, but with his games in the last two years for the national team, he don't even deserve a call...
Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 21:04   #307
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
the only thing, for what I would not mind if Belgium reaches the play-offs, is, that there would be a possibility then to have a Srbija/Hrvatska/Bosnija - Belgium knock out match. Rather two. The forum would get fire before those matches
Bosnia doesn't count, I do rate them higher than Belgium at this point. Check back in two years though, should be more equal by then. I hate Bosnia's fans though, after they screwed over Belgium by interrupting the game, just when they were collapsing entirely. Ugh. Serbia and Croatia are about the same level though. You'd only prove your point if they'd dispose of us with complete ease. I never said we'll beat them in the World Cup qualifying wrong, I said we're slight favorites. Big difference.

Unfortunately, we'll have to wait a year to see what happens, unless we have a miracle tomorrow, followed by a "lucky" draw. I do believe the "easiest" draw on paper for Turkey (or Belgium, who knows), would be Sweden. I'd like to see Slovenia grabbing a point against Serbia though, it would be amazing for a tiny football nation like Estonia to reach the play-offs.

It's kind of disappointing that Germany only allows 5000 Belgian fans into the stadium in Dusseldorf, since they'll still have about 6000 tickets left. We could easily fill the entire stadium with Belgians if it was possible, so I was hoping we'd at least get some extra tickets. Oh well.

Here's hoping for some last minute injuries for the Germans. If only they had Depor's medical staff, I'm sure Özil would've suffered a relapse by now already Schweinsteiger and Boateng don't seem recovered enough to start the game... And hopefully Hazard's injury will have healed by tomorrow, cause without him at the kick-off, this game will be twice as impossible.

Anyway, the teams I root for tend to concede a goal within the first five minutes of crucial games though, so I'm expecting this game to be over pretty quickly as well If we manage to survive the first half-hour, then I'll really start hoping for something more. But I doubt it. And even if Azerbaijan survives Turkey's attacks for 90 minutes, I'm entirely sure they'll get a penalty in injury time, or maybe another lucky deflection in the 96th minute. If that happens, I'm gonna kill myself

Last edited by deporiginal : 10-10-2011 at 21:10.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:50   #308
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Rep of Ireland need a home draw against Armenia tonight to qualify for the play-offs. But, I can see a shock in store - the Armenians have scored 11 goals in their last 3 matches (21 in all in the group). Even though RoI has a brilliant recent defensive record (8 clean sheets in a row), I'm very nervous. I'd settle for another 0-0 right now. Robbie Keane is out injured and we have problems at left back.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:53   #309
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
Unfortunately, we'll have to wait a year to see what happens, unless we have a miracle tomorrow, followed by a "lucky" draw. I do believe the "easiest" draw on paper for Turkey (or Belgium, who knows), would be Sweden. I'd like to see Slovenia grabbing a point against Serbia though, it would be amazing for a tiny football nation like Estonia to reach the play-offs.
Sweden? They are a little hectic, but good. Actually so good, if they beat the reserved team of the Netherlands today , they are gonna qualify as the best second in all groups.
I am far from being sure whether Srbija can win in Ljubljana. But hope is there

Sorry Kevin, but I support a little the Armenians. THey put a huge work to get on this level, they have a very rare, very good young generation (1987-89 born) with Brazilian Pizzelli, they would deserve a good result. But if you go into the play-offs, that is fine for me as well.
Old 11-10-2011, 17:35   #310
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
...Sorry Kevin, but I support a little the Armenians. THey put a huge work to get on this level, they have a very rare, very good young generation (1987-89 born) with Brazilian Pizzelli, they would deserve a good result. But if you go into the play-offs, that is fine for me as well.

Booooooooo!!!

Actually, you are quite right. Armenia desreve this more than we do. Our style of play under Trappatoni is ugly, very ugly. And I remember when we made a major finals for the first time in Euro '88. I would like the Armenians to taste that overpowering emotion too! There are players in our squad who deserve to go to the Finals - but not many.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 17:59   #311
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

i thought germany-belgium is being played in Germany
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 18:28   #312
Philip
Veteran
Peña Member

Philip is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Philip

I can't remember when I was this nervous before a football match. I'll be off soon to watch it in a pub. Whatever happens I will still be proud to be Bosnian.
...and there's still play-off.
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 18:36   #313
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Belgium collapsed in 5 min, in a game they seem to have under control.

2-0
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 18:43   #314
peterke2000
Peña Member

peterke2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to peterke2000

yeah it show again how dangerus this germany is they killed us fast.
peterke2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 18:50   #315
Marko
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Marko is on a distinguished road

Finally the stands on our national stadium are empty...
After every defeat of our team, we are saying this will be better, and keep fulling our stadium. But this is enough!
Only 1 000 specatators on the match with Slovakia, and I hope we will lose with 0-18 and finally same things will be changed in our federation, and some peoplen will know that football isn't playing for some ****ing managers of some players and sons of ex players!
Marko is offline   Reply With Quote