Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > World Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

World Football For other football that's not related to Depor. For example: the Primera División, Segunda División A, Segunda División B, the Champions League, EURO 2008, the World Cup 2010, Italy, England, Germany, Turkey etc.

Old 02-04-2003, 02:20   #16
Xoán
Retired Admin
Peña Member

Xoán has disabled reputation

hey, everything I know about Finland is possitive... the Finnish people I met, the stories of the people who went there... even the flag is cool I hope to go there rather soon...
Sadly, it's one of those countries with no strong football presence... Litmanen aside... (how old is he btw?)
The fellowship was a brief beginning, a fair time that cannot be forgotten; and because it will not be forgotten, that fair time may come again. Now once more I must ride with my knights to defend what was, and the dream of what could be.
Xoán is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 06:34   #17
Diego
Peña Member

Diego is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to Diego

Well we played a really BAD first half, our defence was too slow to hold Vieri and personally I think that Sami Hyypiä could have done a better job!
Old 02-04-2003, 16:57   #18
Jigga
Occasional Member

Jigga is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoán
hey, everything I know about Finland is possitive... the Finnish people I met, the stories of the people who went there... even the flag is cool I hope to go there rather soon...
Sadly, it's one of those countries with no strong football presence... Litmanen aside... (how old is he btw?)

Litmanen is couple years over thirty, but not meny, I quess. Football sure isn´t a big deal here in Finland, only our national team is in larger intrest. I believe we have lot of football fans in the country (like in almost every country in the world), but they don't care much of our own league (Veikkausliiga), and that is propably ´cos it ain´t too entertaining. I can consider myself as one of those. I mean, of course I shoud support our own league ´cos I know it ain´t going in any better direction without supporters, but really, it ain´t too fun to watch.

Tis is a big issue for that I want to travel to some place where football is huge, like spain. That´s why I´ve planned to make a trip to A Coruna in the near future, hope it manages well..
Jigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 00:17   #19
Xoán
Retired Admin
Peña Member

Tampere to A Coruña... that should be an interesting trip... I'm just thinking about all the hours you'll have to spend (waste!) waiting in airports... I hope you like A Coruña after all!
The fellowship was a brief beginning, a fair time that cannot be forgotten; and because it will not be forgotten, that fair time may come again. Now once more I must ride with my knights to defend what was, and the dream of what could be.
Old 03-04-2003, 17:40   #20
Mariens

Mariens is an unknown quantity at this point

i can't still belive it ! we defeated Scotland, i was at the stadium, damn it was cool, Lithuania for 3 or 4 years haven't beaten such team, only Faroe Islands now we have chance to qualify, unbelievable, what a new coach can do...
Old 03-04-2003, 18:28   #21
kaizz

kaizz is off the scale

congratulations mariens. lithuania has been the ace of this week's qualification matches
kaizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 18:36   #22
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Can Lithuania go to Euro 2004? They have 7 points like Germany and Scotland but have more matches too.
Old 03-04-2003, 20:35   #23
Jigga
Occasional Member

Jigga is off the scale

Quote:
Tampere to A Coruña... that should be an interesting trip... I'm just thinking about all the hours you'll have to spend (waste!) waiting in airports... I hope you like A Coruña after all!

I´m afraid I can´t travel this straight I´ll propably spend most of my holiday in Madrid (where the flight is going from Helsinki) and hopefully travel to A Coruna by train or by car.. but this is just dreaming for now, still I hope it manages.
Old 04-04-2003, 01:54   #24
Xoán
Retired Admin
Peña Member

Madrid-A Coruña by car is fine now (the damn motorway should be finished!); train is cheap... actually, you can get a VERY cheap ticket if you pick up some offer or something... Actually, every now and then there're cheap flights, not only to A Coruña, but to the Galician capital, Santiago de Compostela, and then it's quite easy and fast to go to A Coruña
Honestly, I thought that maybe you'd be going via 3 airports or so... if you can already do a Helsinki-Madrid... well, that's fine! (is it very expensive?, just curious).
Old 04-04-2003, 17:16   #25
Mariens

Mariens is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabrego
Can Lithuania go to Euro 2004? They have 7 points like Germany and Scotland but have more matches too.

yes, they can because scotland will face germany 2 times [go germany ] and one game with us in Scotland [also in Faroe Islands], i think in Glasgow everything will get clear, without that match we have to win in Lithuania against Iceland and match in Faroe Islands, if we will win both them or get at least 4 points, we can be second in the group. now everyone in lithuania is talking about football, because in last weak a man who would said that we will draw with germany and defeat Scotland everyone would think that he's crazy. Big thanks to new coach of Lithuania's team. Go Lithuania !
Old 04-04-2003, 22:49   #26
Jigga
Occasional Member

Jigga is off the scale

Quote:
Madrid-A Coruña by car is fine now (the damn motorway should be finished!); train is cheap... actually, you can get a VERY cheap ticket if you pick up some offer or something... Actually, every now and then there're cheap flights, not only to A Coruña, but to the Galician capital, Santiago de Compostela, and then it's quite easy and fast to go to A Coruña
Honestly, I thought that maybe you'd be going via 3 airports or so... if you can already do a Helsinki-Madrid... well, that's fine! (is it very expensive?, just curious).

It´s good to hear that there are several possibilities to travel to A Coruna.. And the reason why I propably would travel to Madrid first (and spend there most of my holiday) is because I propably will make the trip with my friend, and he is not too fanced with A Coruna as a place where to spend his holiday in Spain

The flight to Spain (Madrid) is really not a problem since I can take the flight straight to there from Helsinki.. The trip would cost about 750-900 € (flights and hotel for a week in Madrid) + much more while in Spain, so it is pretty expensive (especially for a student), but I´m working the whole summer so hopefully after the summer I have enough money to still make the trip..
Old 05-04-2003, 01:15   #27
Xoán
Retired Admin
Peña Member

yeah... it's quite expensive, alright... but at least you're avoiding going from an airport to another all accross Europe...
if you were going straight to A Coruña there'd another options, such as going to Compostela, as I said. I suppose that at the end it'd around the same overall price, but you'd go straight!
Anyway, now you know that it's not that difficult to go to A Coruña from Madrid...
Why is your friend so reticent to go to A Coruña btw? is he a diehard R.Madrid supporter or what?
Old 06-04-2003, 10:06   #28
Jigga
Occasional Member

Jigga is off the scale

Quote:
yeah... it's quite expensive, alright... but at least you're avoiding going from an airport to another all accross Europe...
if you were going straight to A Coruña there'd another options, such as going to Compostela, as I said. I suppose that at the end it'd around the same overall price, but you'd go straight!
Anyway, now you know that it's not that difficult to go to A Coruña from Madrid...
Why is your friend so reticent to go to A Coruña btw? is he a diehard R.Madrid supporter or what?

He ain´t too fanced about spanish football (so it´s not about the teams), but if he´d travel to Spain, he wouldn´t want to spend his holiday in such a small (turist)place as A Coruna That´s what he has said to me, although not this straight And I am willing to make a compromise as long as I´ll be able to visit A Coruna(and hopefully in Riazor stadium). I mean, I don´t have anything against travelling to Madrid (actually I´m quite intrested about that), but I have made a promise to myself, that if I travel to Spain, I WILL visit A Coruna. Of course the main reason why I want to visit A Coruna is Depor, but it also seems to be very beautiful city (although all that I´ve seen about it was from UEFA CL TV-program, when they visited there, so..).
Old 06-04-2003, 13:01   #29
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

Leon is an unknown quantity at this point

Jigga, for how many days will you go to Spain? Doesn't your friend want to see as many aspects possible of the country or only the "famous things" in Madrid and Barcelona? I was in La Coruña some months ago and it's really different than the rest... in fact, it has the greatest boulevard of Spain and amazing to see the stadium so close to the beach... and the Playa Club is my girlfriend's favourite now because of the beautiful place it is at, and she too wasn't very enthusiastic about visiting La Coruña... it's worth the trip, I tell you...

gr,
Leon
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 19:26   #30
Jigga
Occasional Member

Jigga is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon
Jigga, for how many days will you go to Spain? Doesn't your friend want to see as many aspects possible of the country or only the "famous things" in Madrid and Barcelona? I was in La Coruña some months ago and it's really different than the rest... in fact, it has the greatest boulevard of Spain and amazing to see the stadium so close to the beach... and the Playa Club is my girlfriend's favourite now because of the beautiful place it is at, and she too wasn't very enthusiastic about visiting La Coruña... it's worth the trip, I tell you...

gr,
Leon

I wish I´ll have enough money (after summer) to spend 2 weeks in Spain, but because of the hotel costs that´s propably not an option So I quess I´ll spend just one week in there. My friend has nothing against A Coruna or any other places in Spain, but if we´ll only be there like one week, we propably won´t do much travelling inside the country. But these are just pre-thoughts, I believe he would be intrested in seeing also other places in Spain than Madrid, if we´ll travel there, but that would propably need more than seven-day-holiday.