Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 05-10-2014, 12:57   #1
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari
Default LIGA: 05-10-2014 | 12h00 | matchday 07 | Sevilla 4 - Deportivo 1 | post-match thread

4 - 1!! another loss!! we need to toughen up the defense fast.. the attack looks to have the potential with a more traditional formation and Farina in a more central role (also the injured players will be back soon)..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 13:01   #2
niklaso

niklaso is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to niklaso

I Think that the next game is VF last chance. We have been the worst team in every game.
Old 05-10-2014, 13:55   #3
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Not surprised. But it's worrying how easy we were beaten by a team that played on Thursday
Old 05-10-2014, 16:47   #4
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

We need a motivator someone who can boost the team's morale and performance, confidence etc., because obviously the things are not working well. In every interview I am reading how the things in the changing room are nice almost like a tale but today I saw a couple of words from our players towards each other which is normal taking in mind this result but something might be wrong there as well. Also there is a serious lack of discipline in Depor today 1 or 2 corners went without anyone on the front and back post the funniest thing was that Lux was screaming like hell but nobody went there after all. The attitude of the whole team was a joke really it was like they are already champions and this game is just for the records. The board and the players should understand as soon as possible that nobody will give us a place in Primera until we wake up we will be already at the bottom with huge deficit of points. I still believe we have the players and the potential to make it but something is wrong and needs to be fixed.
Old 05-10-2014, 17:59   #5
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Sultan is on a distinguished road

Well, it makes sense to lose at Sevilla. Better Depor teams never won there. I blame the tough schedule really with no preparations and a new team.

Sidnei was shit today and so was Toche, also the defensive midfielders weren't doing much to help the defense today, there were gaps between the 2 lines.

I'd love to see Cavaleiro as the starting striker next game, the guy is talented, more talented than both Toche and Postiga together. The attack with Toche is dysfunctional, he's not participating in the buildup and he's not finishing. He's always slow and rarely makes a decent run for the ball. I think Cavaleiro is the guy for this team. Our right side is perfect with Laure and Juanfran, but we need to make more sense on the left side. I'd love to see both Canella and Luisinho there. And maybe Lucas Perez or Cuenca behind the striker.

I was hoping for a draw but a loss away at Sevilla is a normal thing.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:58   #6
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sultan
I was hoping for a draw but a loss away at Sevilla is a normal thing.
The thing is that this Depor yesterday could have been beaten easily with 8-1 if Sevilla wanted they totally stopped playing after the 4th goal. To loose a game is always normal thing especially for us but the attitude of the team was frightening I saw dead team uncapable to fight or even to make decent combination. I dont think the schedule is guilty for this even against Rayo, Eibar and Almeria we did not show a decent football so. Now I am questioning the board and the coach professionalism after all ( signings, pre-season, lack of motivation and etc., )
Old 06-10-2014, 09:42   #7
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

Another game that we were completely overplayed. This is terrible, no sparkle, no will, nothing. I understend the low quality of our team, but I don't understand the low spirit - inexcusable.
Old 06-10-2014, 18:46   #8
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Neither Tino understands it
Quote:
I am not worried for only having four points, but for the tendency. Yesterday I saw a team that didn’t compete for the first time. It cannot happen to hear chants every week asking for more courage. Even yesterday in Seville. It is happening, there’s a problem of attitude and intensity. With the 25% of my attitude we will be 6th or 7th at the standings. My attitude and the one of the board of directors. I will talk to the team's captains.
http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/n-news.php?cid=6284
Old 07-10-2014, 09:03   #9
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabrego

Well, at least that's some kinda progress.
Admitting you're alcoholic is the first stage towards recovery.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:06   #10
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Quote:
The Aragonian coach was asked if the team should ask apologies for a new poor presentation, and he responded that, “When you give everything then you don’t ask apologies; when you go out of the game with pride it is because you reached the point you could and gave your best. That’s my opinion.”
Is he trying to say that the team gave everything in this game? If yes I might have an explanation for our performance.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:53   #11
Philip
Veteran
Peña Member

Philip is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Philip

Lets at least enjoy the brillliant goal by Haris.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfmr...X3i4IGWAm4sbmA
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:55   #12
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

Well it seems that the majority of the Depor fans already want for him to be sacked (VF), they are also very unhappy with Tino.

I can understand their frustrations, but would another manager have done a much better job considering many players had no pre-season, many of the top players (Insua, JuanDo, Lucas, Salomao, Postiga) are injured, also the fact that we have already had 3 high intensity matches over the past few weeks against established Primera teams like Sevilla, R.Madrid and Celta.

VF now has 2 weeks to work with the squad. He has important players returning from injury and he also has the opportunity to involve Wilk and Juan Carlos in the 1st team.

Therefore the next 2 games after the international break will be very important to see what we have to offer in this league.
Old 07-10-2014, 19:59   #13
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Nobody is blaming Depor for this poor results the attacks are coming only and because the lack of attitude the team has recently. But the game against Valencia is decisive for the future of VF or at least it should be.
Old 07-10-2014, 23:56   #14
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Sultan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonideportivoBG
Nobody is blaming Depor for this poor results the attacks are coming only and because the lack of attitude the team has recently. But the game against Valencia is decisive for the future of VF or at least it should be.

If his last chance is Valencia's game then sack him now, at least you give the new coach 2 weeks to know the team, Valencia is definitely a superior team, more superior than Sevilla.

I don't think this team has a poor attitude, maybe low morale after the 3rd Sevilla goal.

I support this coach 100% but sure we need to attack better and defend better, they need to attack as a unit and defend as unit, beside fitness, that's what I see wrong with this team.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:59   #15
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

The thing is that we can't always sit and wait for new defeat only because team A or B is better than us if it's going to be like this then we don't deserve to play in Primera, we need to win our games at Riazor if we want to survive. Now he has two weeks and some important players are coming back so there will be no excuses this time and the situation is like that we have just 4 points out of 7 games and 19 goals allowed it's frightening. The same was with Oltra, Lendoiro waited too much and after that it was already too late so it's better we don't repeat the same mistake again. It's true in some games we did not have luck but in general we did not play better than the other side. Maybe this coach has place at Deportivo but he needs to prove it and we need some results otherwise it's a wasting of time that will cost us relegation again.