Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Transfers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Transfers Discuss Depor's possible incoming players in this forum. Talk about publicised rumours or suggest your own transfer targets. Talk about these players in their own thread (preferably) or in general topics. Any transfers not related to Depor belong to common threads. Current players of Deportivo who might be going out have their own thread in the Deportivo Forum.

Old 22-05-2018, 21:06   #16
DeporDK
Almost Regular

DeporDK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hari
if you see the goals from the playoffs (from Extremadura) it is even more evident.. I feel that he is not serious enough and take things too easily..

But is he so much worse than Tyton, Pantilmon, Koval and Ruben? Only saw him in his 2 matches for the first team, in which he was not worse than the other keepers. Furthermore, he is most likely going to the WC, so he cannot be that bad.

Just saw the goals from the Extremadura. The first one is not good, but the defending is even worse. 2nd, he looks misplaced, but no matter what not something you expect a keeper to save.

Last edited by DeporDK : 22-05-2018 at 21:09.
DeporDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2018, 21:35   #17
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

so you want Depor to repeat the same GK mistakes in Segunda as well and leave a prospect to loose his confidence just because he cannot be worse than what we had last season..

PS: from what I read, Pantilimon had an excellent second half at Nottingham Forest who are trying their best to keep him permanently..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2018, 07:40   #18
DeporDK
Almost Regular

Quote:
so you want Depor to repeat the same GK mistakes in Segunda as well and leave a prospect to loose his confidence just because he cannot be worse than what we had last season..

So you argue it is better for Francis career to play for fabril rather than the first team? For sure, if we can sign a good keeper lets do it. But signing a 34 year old that have never really been a starting keeper doesn't sound like a good signing.

In general I think we are too afraid to use youngsters (and rather use 30-year old players with a similar level), because they are not proven. But when Leganes or Levante use our youngsters they can easily play primera. I agree we shouldn't give them more chances just because they are youngsters from fabril. But at least give them a fair opportunity to play for the first team.
Old 23-05-2018, 08:30   #19
hari

Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeporDK
So you argue it is better for Francis career to play for fabril rather than the first team? For sure, if we can sign a good keeper lets do it. But signing a 34 year old that have never really been a starting keeper doesn't sound like a good signing.
I didn't justify the signing of unproven GKs.. I have followed Fabril's matches and watched some this season and the mistakes he made could be terribly costly at a higher level.. I am not for putting him under pressure too early and loose all his confidence to be reduced to an ordinary GK when he can be very good if guided properly..

Quote:
In general I think we are too afraid to use youngsters (and rather use 30-year old players with a similar level), because they are not proven. But when Leganes or Levante use our youngsters they can easily play primera.
I agree somewhat but don't forget that Fabril has been down in Tercera for many seasons recently and the gap is just too big.. this season Fabril did well, largely for the consistency of senior players like Uxio, Romay, One, Caballo, for the talent of Edu and the hardwork of Carlos Lopez and Blas.. some complain about Oscar Pinchi, but from what I saw he was not consistent and was also injured a couple of times.. also, I hope Carmelo del Pozo will review the role of the coaches in the junior teams..

Quote:
I agree we shouldn't give them more chances just because they are youngsters from fabril. But at least give them a fair opportunity to play for the first team.
this is just what I have mentioned in all my posts..

Last edited by hari : 23-05-2018 at 08:32.
Old 23-05-2018, 09:41   #20
DeporDK
Almost Regular

Quote:
I didn't justify the signing of unproven GKs.. I have followed Fabril's matches and watched some this season and the mistakes he made could be terribly costly at a higher level.. I am not for putting him under pressure too early and loose all his confidence to be reduced to an ordinary GK when he can be very good if guided properly..

I agree somewhat but don't forget that Fabril has been down in Tercera for many seasons recently and the gap is just too big.. this season Fabril did well, largely for the consistency of senior players like Uxio, Romay, One, Caballo, for the talent of Edu and the hardwork of Carlos Lopez and Blas.. some complain about Oscar Pinchi, but from what I saw he was not consistent and was also injured a couple of times.. also, I hope Carmelo del Pozo will review the role of the coaches in the junior teams..

this is just what I have mentioned in all my posts..

Then we actually agree Lets hope for a good segunda season!
Old 23-05-2018, 10:51   #21
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
if you see the goals from the playoffs (from Extremadura) it is even more evident.. I feel that he is not serious enough and take things too easily..

how you blame him for the 2 goals
I don't see at all that he was responsible, in the first goal he moved correctly but the ball got deflected from the defender, the second goal , the defender should have not allowed the great cross.
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2018, 11:48   #22
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

We need a clean cut from our GKs, so Ruben, Tyton bitter thank you and goodbye.
Dani is experienced, so Francis should be part of the GK team to learn from him. Bye the way who is/will be the goalie coach - that could actualy be the key for improvment.

If... and only if we sign a good - proven keeper (we have to be on a lookout all the time) then Francis should stay at Fabril. If not then he should be part of the new Segunda Depor.
Old 23-05-2018, 13:46   #23
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

Francis is still very very young in goalkeeping terms.
Its a difficult one to call, because you don't want him sitting on the bench all season and Segunda B is probably a bit low for him.
So I think a loan to a mid to lower Segunda team may be the solution.
Old 23-05-2018, 14:16   #24
hari

Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deporlover
how you blame him for the 2 goals
I don't see at all that he was responsible, in the first goal he moved correctly but the ball got deflected from the defender, the second goal , the defender should have not allowed the great cross.
you can blame the defender, but the GK had to do what he has to.. he looked clueless in both the goals especially the second one.. its nothing new this season from him, many times he has gifted the ball away or similar mistakes, that's why I said he doesn't look serious, which is not okay for Segunda/Primera..
Old 23-05-2018, 15:16   #25
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo
So I think a loan to a mid to lower Segunda team may be the solution.

But that could be us lol
Old 23-05-2018, 15:44   #26
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

With particular regards to Francis but to any other player, I would say that it's how they fit into the system and do for Depor and although you can take things from performaces elsewhere, surely it is fairer to evaluate them based on their performances for Depor.

Maybe Francis has made a few errors at Fabril but in the few chances he had for the 1st team I thought he did really well.

Also, if you're going to use his history at a lower level then why not include his history at a higher level of football too?
A clean sheet in 90 minutes of football away to Poland, a clean sheet in his 45 mins against Argentina in Russia and another international against Serbia in which he conceded twice in a 2-0 defeat.

Pantillimon is a good example of what I was saying. He's had a great 2nd half of the season for Nottingham Forest but does that in anyway change his performances for us? His career at Forest is irrelevent for us. It's how he does in a Depor shirt that counts.

Quote:
I believe he could blossom into a fine player provided he stays fit and plays regularly.

This quote is about Gil but surely the exact same thing could be said for Francis
Old 23-05-2018, 16:09   #27
hari

Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporik
Also, if you're going to use his history at a lower level then why not include his history at a higher level of football too?
A clean sheet in 90 minutes of football away to Poland, a clean sheet in his 45 mins against Argentina in Russia and another international against Serbia in which he conceded twice in a 2-0 defeat.

Pantillimon is a good example of what I was saying. He's had a great 2nd half of the season for Nottingham Forest but does that in anyway change his performances for us? His career at Forest is irrelevent for us. It's how he does in a Depor shirt that counts.
I believe these two sentences conflict; Francis' performance elsewhere is not what concerns us, its how he did for Fabril.. regarding Pantilimon, I was referring to the level of the GKs, which is largely down to the confidence... a perfect example for me was Manu Fernandez, who started very shaky at first, but later looked much more assured and confident..
Quote:
Originally Posted by deporik
This quote is about Gil but surely the exact same thing could be said for Francis
I hope the same, but for Fabril first..
Old 23-05-2018, 16:36   #28
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

What Carmelo Del Pozo said today: http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/n-news.php?cid=8606
Old 23-05-2018, 20:24   #29
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

Quote:
I believe these two sentences conflict; Francis' performance elsewhere is not what concerns us, its how he did for Fabril.. regarding Pantilimon, I was referring to the level of the GKs, which is largely down to the confidence... a perfect example for me was Manu Fernandez, who started very shaky at first, but later looked much more assured and confident..
I hope the same, but for Fabril first..

But even Fabril isn't the same as playing for Depor.

It could be the case that the higher level he plays, the more concentration he has. You would hope that it wasn't an attitude/mental thing but it could be that after a few international caps and 1st team games, he doesn't feel he should be playing at Segunda B. That's pure speculation on my behalf but it's a possibility.
I've seen a few of his mistakes at Fabril and they do seem like loss of concentration sometimes but it's not something I've seen when he played for the 1st team and nor from the highlights of his international games.
Some people thrive under pressure and some crumble. Maybe he thrives.

What I was saying was that we should mostly (not completely) judge him on his performances for the 1st team and how did he do?
Old 23-05-2018, 21:59   #30
heidern
Administrator
Peña Member

heidern is an unknown quantity at this point

The other aspect is rather than seeing the errors of players with no prospect in improving, I'd rather see youngsters learning from making similar errors. If I would rewind the past season, I would have no doubt in giving Francis, One or Mujaid many more chances playing for the first team.

Around sending him on loan at a segued team, I agree with with Rik: That could be us. That was the same scenario with Rober.
heidern is offline   Reply With Quote