Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > World Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

World Football For other football that's not related to Depor. For example: the Primera División, Segunda División A, Segunda División B, the Champions League, EURO 2008, the World Cup 2010, Italy, England, Germany, Turkey etc.

Old 16-10-2009, 11:32   #31
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

£80m investment, for the mighty Birmingham...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...n-players.html
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2009, 11:39   #32
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

In England there are 4 big teams (Ars, Pool, ManU, Chel) plus hyper-rich ManCity and some more traditional and rich clubs (Tham). I cannot understand why the rich do not buy us. In Spain there are 2 big clubs + a good Sevilla, an 500M EUR debted Valencia, and a pAthletico. Starting from the middle of the tabelle the CL can much more easier reachable in Spain nowadays, than in ENgland. Believe me all the richmen in the world, and invest in Depor!
Old 16-10-2009, 12:55   #33
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

You make a good point, Dephun. However, I'd be wary of such benefactors. I mean, it's laughable saying that he (Yeung) "can bring Birmingham to China"!!

I just don't get why all of these rich guys are flocking to the Premiership? It's not good for the overall state of football and I suspect that they have other more oblique motives. It would definitely be easier to get teams with previous history like a Depor, Sampdoria, PSG or Borussia Dortmund into the CL, instead of looking to make that breakthrough with a side like Birmingham (no disrespect to them). No, there is obviously an economic side to investors entering the EPL other than buying them cheap and hoping to turn them into CL material. I have my suspicions.

For long term stability, ideally any potential investor in Depor should have roots/ties to Galicia/A Coruna. Otherwise, we shouldn't entertain them.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2009, 13:13   #34
ggeorg

Peña Member

I think that the investor's view is financial, 100%.
So, where will any investor, win the most, from a champions league Deportivo, or Sampdoria, or from a mid-table, maybe entering in Europa league once in a while Birmingham?
The answer is being given by the investors
It's the Birmingham scenario the best.

That might sounds strange, but i doubt that we could take into account every financial aspect, except the more obvious (transfers, ticket sales, champions league participation incomes etc).
Evidently, there are lot more that make a Chinese busineman to invest in the EPL mediocres, than in La Liga, or Campionato "next to elite"
Old 16-10-2009, 14:12   #35
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

I cannot understand what is the business at all to invest in (English) football... BOOOOO for me. So he invests 80M in a one of the other 16 English teams (outside the big 4), that have rivals with very similar investors, similar financial possibilities, very same goals. They will compete in the English money league and 13 of them won't reach Europe, 3 even got relegated. Futball clubs produce financial loss or negativum every year, that the investor has to stand. Not all the clubs, but most of them. Deportivo has cca. 100,000 EUR yearly profit. But it is nothing to compare to a 80M investment. So where is the business? Does he want to sell the club for 200M within a few years or what?

I just say in Hungary all the investors wash their dirty money out through football.
Old 16-10-2009, 14:14   #36
Chris

Chris is on a distinguished road

It's that trend derived from the colossal television rights deal. No other league in the world has pooled its resources like English elite did, creating an unprecedented synergy. Championships clubs being content with their one season in the sun is indicative of this. If they don't budget for staying up, and as lucrative as clinging on would be, they're guaranteed a healthy fall. From my scant knowledge about it, Spanish football contrasts that.

Birmingham over Deportivo? Not in a month of Sundays. The buyout of Notts County demonstrates how indolent the money men have become. They'd rather pursue frivolous ambitions over here than a respectable one elsewhere. Quite simply, it's a fad. It reminds me of Charles Mackay's Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds. Hey, if everybody else is doing it…

As a side note, Barcelona and Real can't help. I don't think any two English clubs, not even United and Liverpool, cast a shadow over the game that the fascination with El Clásico does. It leads me to believe that there isn't any genuine belief in Spain's game, despite clubs (Deportivo and Valencia) having temporarily broken the monopoly in Spain more recently than any English club has over here (Blackburn), although pedants could argue for Chelsea.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2009, 15:24   #37
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

If I ever make the highest exam in English language, it can be thanked to this forum. Fabian's texts used to be very hard to understand for me, but Chris's ones are not easier either.

So logically you can break the kingdom of 2 more easily, than the one of 4 teams.

For the TV: Allen Simonsen lives in Barcelona, was in Budapest the other day, he said, he never watches live FCB, but only on TV. Strange for me, but good ad for Barca being watchable on TV.
Old 17-10-2009, 15:05   #38
ggeorg

Peña Member

Aston Villa-Chelsea 2-1

Second defeat for Chelsea, in the last 3 games
Old 17-10-2009, 15:26   #39
The DK Blanquiazul
Peña Member

The DK Blanquiazul is on a distinguished road

I like this Sunderland-team very much - I think they're gonna take Liverpool, missing Gerrard and Torres seems too much so far. The goal was weird though, Bent volleyed it on balloon, it deflected, and Reina was left without chance.

The DK Blanquiazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2009, 19:19   #40
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally some karma for Liverpool
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2009, 19:27   #41
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

This is a great picture of what happened.

Bent shoots, the matchball hits an inflatable beachball which came out from the Liverpool fans and Reina follows the wrong ball when they hit

You couldnt write a script like that.
Old 17-10-2009, 19:30   #42
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

It would've been even funnier if Reina would have actually jumped towards the beach ball and caught it
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2009, 19:32   #43
ggeorg

Peña Member

seriously?
Old 17-10-2009, 19:48   #44
Chris

Chris is on a distinguished road

http://footballsup.com/2009/10/the-b...now-with-gifs/

Bottom gif - "Most hated boy in Liverpool"