Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > World Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

World Football For other football that's not related to Depor. For example: the Primera División, Segunda División A, Segunda División B, the Champions League, EURO 2008, the World Cup 2010, Italy, England, Germany, Turkey etc.

Old 07-07-2003, 13:43   #1
Anton
Site Team
Peña Member

Anton is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Anton
Default FIFA

Hello to all....

Well i am australian and after i heard the decision that fifa had taken oceania's direct spot and given it to south america i cried!! i am not ashamed to admit it - i cried. i was just wondering what everyone else thinks of this?? i know we have some south american people here so i want to know your view. But first i will say why oceania deserves at least 1 direct spot and why fifa are loosers and are wrong:

Oceania has been given NO funding by fifa at all in 50 years!! while africa (deservingly) gets funding, but we don't get ANY!! and - as a confederation (Australia being the best team) we havent been given a chance in 20 years to have a direct spot!! and Australia has not been in a world cup for 25 years (the last was in Germany) Fifa said that the reason for reversing the decision was because of bad results - this i find insulting!!

Australia has: beaten paraguay once and drawn twice, beaten france and drawn once, drawn with brazil, and most recently BEATEN ENGLAND 3-1. this has all happened in the last 3 years, and for fifa to say that we have not had good results is an insult!

In australia our federation has destroyed itself and soccer, but we know are on the verge of recovery, and a rich invester is taking over who is a multibillionare which has been the main problem in australia. Everything looked so set for recovery, Sponsors where lining up and australia's league had finally seen a light at the end of the tunnel - and then FIFA do this!!!!

Personally i beleive South america deserve at leat 4 and a half spots, however North america DOES NOT diserve 3 and a half - so my question to south america is WHY PICK ON US? a confederation with only 1 spot when just north of you is a confederation with MANY spots!! and we did not actually take your spot - we took the winners spot, who now do not qualify automatically (which in this case is brazil) but your spot was not given to us!! half was given to North america and half to somewhere else - BUT NOT US!!!

and FIFA only did this for political reasons! when sepp blatter went for re electing the deciding vote went to oceania - so sepp blatter finaly gave us what we diserved a CHANCE TO PROVE OURSELVES, but now when he does not need us he tosses us aside like rubbish.

what do others think of this i welcome ALL opinions from poeple everywhere not just south america, how does europe/asia/africa feel of this?
Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 13:13   #2
Feliuk
Administrator

Peña Member

Feliuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Feliuk

This is just my opinion and nothing personal, but I think Oceania should be scrapped and those countries in that federation should play in the Asian world cup groups.There will only ever be 2 teams fron Oceania that will ever have any chance Australia and New Zealand.Why should Australia get an automatic place? is it twice they have played play-offs and lost them? the play offs were against 5th in S.America and 3rd in Asia I think. If they can't even get through that way why should they be in the world cup.It wouldn't be through merit of football but political don't you think?
Scrap Oceania go into Asia and prove your worthiness.
Feliuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 14:12   #3
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

I think that the solution is using the UEFA method: make a coefficient for each confederation using the results of the teams in the last 4 Fifa world cups, depending in the coefficients every confederation should have their number of countries in the world cup, it is very fair because to have the same or even more places in the tournament your continent should win it in the field.
Old 09-07-2003, 13:07   #4
Anton
Site Team
Peña Member

Anton is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Anton

I have to agree with both of you - i understand that Australia has lost all of its last qualifying matches, but we do diserve a chance! and i agree we definately should be put in asia, but at the moment it wont happen because sepp blatter is against it for political reasons and if we made it to a world cup that would change...

we have actually lost EVERY qualifying match after 1982 - as much as its a pain to say - we lost against IRAN in 98 - we were up 2-0 with 5.23mins on the clock left in the second half, and we were playing well - and then a streaker ran on to the feild and cut the net - play was suspended for 20 mins - and IRAN came back and scored 2 lucky goals in that 5 mins and we lost on the away goal rule after drawing 1-1 in Iran i still have nightmares about that. But you guys have to admit even though we always fail at the last hurdle, we beat England 3-1 and we have beaten others, We are better than teams like Soudi Arabia - i mean we would never lose 8-0 in a world cup to any side!

i like caabregos idea but we have to be given a chance - i mean in 98 we were unlucky (if it wasn't for the streaker) - but ALL south american teams are class and no disrespect to asia, or north america or africa, but any south american team that plays off agains 3rd asia, 3rd north america or even 4th in africa for a place in a world cup, the south americans would win without a doubt!!! we need to play asia at least! we need a fairer route - thats all i ask - and i agree that asia is that route...
Anton is offline   Reply With Quote