Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Gaming Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gaming Forum From any kind of console and PC games to online or flash games, this is the place to discuss anything related to gaming.

Old 01-10-2008, 20:41   #31
Barkoty
Legend
Peña Member

Barkoty is on a distinguished road

I'll get it when the cracked (cheap) version comes out
Old 01-10-2008, 21:34   #32
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually DK, I used to play both but the last four years PES has been the same over and over again. Their "Be a Pro" copy of Fifa is just embarassing. It's just boring. Besides, I think the PC version of Fifa is horrible, and the PC version of PES is just bad. If you wanna have fun with a football video game, you really need a console tbh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn
Gregory, when I get my XBOX 360 we need to have a game of fifa 09 or two
Haha ok, I still have a 1 month Xbox Live Gold card lying around at home somewhere When my Xbox 360 came back from repair they gave that card with it. Wasn't that nice?
Old 01-10-2008, 21:43   #33
The DK Blanquiazul
Peña Member

The DK Blanquiazul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
Actually DK, I used to play both but the last four years PES has been the same over and over again. Their "Be a Pro" copy of Fifa is just embarassing. It's just boring. Besides, I think the PC version of Fifa is horrible, and the PC version of PES is just bad. If you wanna have fun with a football video game, you really need a console tbh
I agree with you after the 2008-version of PES. Reason is online gaming.
PES being the same for four years, I don't agree with however. Only game that didn't really change in big things IMO was PES 5 to PES 6. The development from PES 6 to PES 2008 was however bad, and nearly nothing was changed in gameplay, rather the opposite, especially because of online.
And I don't know about the 'be a whatever' mode. If I want that type of game, I play New Star Soccer.

But yeah, console is the only way to really get a good 3d football game.

The DK Blanquiazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 17:14   #34
Carril
Veteran
Peña Member

Carril is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
Haha ok, I still have a 1 month Xbox Live Gold card lying around at home somewhere When my Xbox 360 came back from repair they gave that card with it. Wasn't that nice?
That's cool, I didn't know they did that

I read somewhere Guardado will be on the cover of the Latin America and US versions of PES 2009

PS: When fifa comes out, whoever has xbox360, let me know. We can get some games on
Carril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:11   #35
Benn
Veteran

Peña Member

Benn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Benn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carril
That's cool, I didn't know they did that

I read somewhere Guardado will be on the cover of the Latin America and US versions of PES 2009

PS: When fifa comes out, whoever has xbox360, let me know. We can get some games on

I got the game on xbox already, so you just let me know

It sucks the release date is october 14th in the US, doesnt it?
Old 03-10-2008, 18:14   #36
Benn
Veteran

Peña Member

F******' HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My xbox 360 just ruined my Fifa 09 by making scratches on it. I went to the store and they told me, that if the Xbox had had a bump or something, while i was playing, that would be what caused the scratching. I didn't tell them I accidently lifted it while playing, so that must've been it. Now I have to call Microsoft, because it was their console's fault this happened. This is the worst news I've had in a long time since I've been wanting to play this game for aaages. Now, I have to call this hotline, and what makes this even worse is the fact that they are closed in weekends . Also, there is no guarantee they will give me a new game. The shop assistant told me he experienced this before, where he called Microsoft, and then they would sent him an envelope, which of course would take days, and then he had to put his game into this envelope and sent it back so they could check it, which again would take some time. Then they would have to accept or decline it the 'protest', and if they accept it, some more procedures will take place and if they decline, I have to buy a new game, which I was actually close to do in the store when they said they couldn't return it. However, I am too cheap to buy a new one. Anyways, no matter what, its gonna take a long time before I can play the best game ever made again.

*rant over.
Old 03-10-2008, 18:40   #37
Carril
Veteran
Peña Member

Carril is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sorry to hear that Benn. I lifted my console while I was playing call of duty a couple of times and did hear the disc fall out and go crazy, but fortunately never messed up the game. Damn, if you're gonna have to wait that long, I'd try to get another one.

Sorry to bring this up, but just curious, how was the game by the way? I have to wait until Oct 14
Carril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 21:09   #38
The DK Blanquiazul
Peña Member

The DK Blanquiazul is on a distinguished road

Damn, that's sad news. And it just got out.

Anyway, I tried the PES demo today. And although it is the FIFA-topic, there ain't no PES-topic, and I didn't want to bother.
It was pretty much what I expected, except it runs better than PES 2008 on my computer.
One main concern which could be a huge step backwards IMO, is the ball control system. In the DEMO, you can only play with Liverpool, Man Utd., Barca, Real, France and Italy, and most are technical gifted. But, I think there is too much dribble to the new control. Passes are perfect every time and the ball control can make you look like Messi even as a defender, except you miss the speed. But the quick moves are there, and the defender often don't get you. I'm worried that it'll be like this for all teams. Would not be realistic at all. Also, I think PES has taken another direction towards a more arcade like game again. You get through very fast at times, way too fast sometimes. No really big changes to the game from 2008, though. Still beats the crap out of Top Player.

Nevertheless, I'm sure I'm gonna play the new game quite a lot, as with the other ones. Can't try out the FIFA-demo as my PC ain't good enough, but a friend says I'm not missing out on a lot.

The DK Blanquiazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 21:22   #39
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

Benn, did you tell them you moved the console? Cause if you did, DON'T SAY IT!!! It's in the instructions never to move the console while playing, if you tell them that, no way you're going to get it back.

If you really insist, they'll surely send you a new copy (but you have to take care of the postage costs yourself, shouldn't be too much though). Remember when my Fifa 08 got ruined? They sent me a new copy because I kept insisting Just be friendly and tell 'em some lies You should know however, the new copy they sent me also broke down after 6 days But that was just really unlucky I guess. I still don't get why that cd doesn't work anymore, not a single scratch on it. I know have another copy of Fifa 08 since four months ago, and that one still works perfect.

Last edited by deporiginal : 03-10-2008 at 21:24.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 00:08   #40
Benn
Veteran

Peña Member

I will call Microsoft and say that this just happened all by it self, and that I want a new game, cuz their console made the scratches.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:40   #41
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
I will call Microsoft and say that this just happened all by it self, and that I want a new game, cuz their console made the scratches.
I contacted EA actually, so if Microsoft is annoying, just contact EA and say Fifa 09 messed up your console Works like a charm
Old 04-10-2008, 11:00   #42
Benn
Veteran

Peña Member

That FIFA messed up my console? It was my console that messed up Fifa.
Old 04-10-2008, 16:02   #43
Diego Tristan
Veteran
Peña Member

Diego Tristan is an unknown quantity at this point

How good is depor in fifa who have real faces and is there riazor???

JOURNEY BERLIN 25.07.2010
Please enjoy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=873Y6cuc2FE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juu8L86HuLM

VAMOS DEPOR
Diego Tristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 17:11   #44
Daniel_Svard

Peña Member

Daniel_Svard is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sorry for u benn, i've had a similar experience. I was playing GTA IV, suddenly it crashes (for the 10-15th time.. ), so i turned off my PS3 by holding the ON/OFF button on the console (not cutting the power). Since that my Blue-Ray Disc reader has stopped functioning. It registers that there is a disc in the drive, but nothing happens.. Guess i gotta try and find the guarantee papers and resend the console..
Old 04-10-2008, 17:24   #45
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
That FIFA messed up my console? It was my console that messed up Fifa.
Fifa 08 really messed up my Xbox 360 But if Microsoft doesn't give you a new copy, then just go to EA, tell them Fifa 09 messed up your Xbox 360, and they'll feel so guilty they'll send you a new copy Sure you won't be telling the truth, but they don't know that.