Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 25-11-2011, 23:07   #1
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Segunda | Depor 3v1 Almeria | Nov 25 | 21h00 (CET) |Post Match Comments

One of our best performances this season so far in my opinion.
Guardado scored from the spot after Colotto had been held down in the area for about the 5th time. That goal was pretty much the last kick of the 1st half and meant we could come out for the 2nd half with alot of confidence.
Juan Dominguez scored a great 2nd goal after demanding a pass off Alex, who weighted it perfectly for Juando to swivel on a sixpence and slot the ball through a defenders legs and into the far bottom corner. Quality!!!!
Lassad scored the third, another penalty; and to be honest, I thought this was very fortunate. The Almeria defender didnt look like he moved his arm towards the ball and it was extremely hard to tell if it was in or out of the area anyway. Having said that, I'm glad Lassad tucked away the spot kick
For me, the performance was overshadowed a little by a really odd substitution.
Ze Castro and Colotto looked more comfortable in the hour they had together than Colotto and Aythami had all season. Ze Castro was having a good game, intercepting a few vital balls, making the odd good tackle and spraying the ball around nicely to start attacks from the back. Ayoze by contrast, was lucky to be on the pitch after a clear pull back was spotted by the ref who decided not to give him his 2nd yellow card.
But for whatever reason, Oltra decided to bring on a full back to play in the centre with Colotto, much to Ze Castro's amazement.
Ulloa then pulled one back late on and nearly had a 2nd but his spectacular overhead kick went just wide.

Overall, I was pleased with the performance and although Valeron wasn't the director tonight, I felt that made it even better because we showed some quality going forward without having to rely on our aging superstar all the time.
Old 25-11-2011, 23:10   #2
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

shit, I forgot about the game.

well done boys.
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 23:16   #3
vink
Peña Member

vink is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been willing to give Oltra the benefit of the doubt so far, but that Ze Castro substitution really pissed me off. That was a really strong display by the backline, and I feel like Oltra undermined it for either some sort of perceived mistake that ZC made, or just a dumb "substitution for the sake of a substitution" to get Manuel Pablo into the game. We totally lost our clean sheet on the basis of it as well.

A great game by Depor, but Oltra's tinkering really concerns me and overshadows the win. I can't wait to hear what's going on.
vink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 23:25   #4
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Not much more to add to deporik's analysis except to say that we played a much more compact game tonight than we've shown all season. Ayoze was clearly under instruction not to go forward and that helped the back zone be more solid. Key players stepped up in Valeron's absence. JD had a good game and Guardado ran the show. Alex performed ok in the midfield as well and that bodes well that he and JD can forge a good partnership. I still think they need to be more aware of each other's position on the field, but that will come with more games together.

Oltra's substitution of ZC was at best a mistake, at worst a disgrace. He deserved to be treated better for the performance he put in.

Laure's pre-game comments are ringing true that the team will treat every game from now on as a final. I wouldn't get carried away with this victory though because I thought Almeria put in a very poor performance overall.

Is the corner being turned? Next week's match will tell.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 23:27   #5
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Oltra was yelling at Ze Castro, because he left the pitch without going to Manuel Pablo first, to be clear. Which is a logical reaction of course, in the heat of the moment, especially considering how unfair the sub was.

But of course, the Riazor crowd already dislikes Ze Castro, so now they have an extra reason to whistle him. Oltra's unsubtle reaction to it was bordering on "retarded territory". He succesfully destroyed Ze Castro's last shred of hope of achieving something at Depor today, with his stupid sub. A sub that even ruined our clean sheet. I liked how we played today, but I'm thinking how this will affect us in the future, and it's not good. Seems to me that Oltra has no clue how to handle his players. We already know for a fact, that three players can't stand him, after what he pulled this week. You can rest assured that half the players aren't feeling comfortable with Oltra now.

I repeat what I said before the game: Jackass
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 23:33   #6
vink
Peña Member

vink is an unknown quantity at this point

Seriously, this is a real turd in the punchbowl after a positive result.

Oh, and looking at the second penalty, I am not sure that his arm was in the box! Craziness...

Last edited by vink : 25-11-2011 at 23:45.
vink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2011, 00:22   #7
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Well, not so difficult as we thought. We should always be playing like today.
caabrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2011, 00:31   #8
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

we play strong at home, but why always we fall down when we play away from home??? I can't explain this to myself.....
Old 26-11-2011, 00:36   #9
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

According to Riazor.org, Oltra said Ze Castro was the one requesting the substitution... Then why the hell was he angry and disappointed he had to come off?

Anyway, if he requested his sub, I have to take back what I said about Oltra. In this case, it's indeed ridiculous Ze Castro leaves the pitch entirely, without going to MP and the rest of the team first, especially since he's already not popular in A Coruña. Still, there must've been a reason for him to react like that. Bizarre.

Last edited by deporiginal : 26-11-2011 at 00:43.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2011, 00:40   #10
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Ze Castro play well for me and he must respect the decision of the coach, he's not right, but in this match once again i convinced that Laure can't center the ball in the enemy area, he seriously needs to work on that.
Old 26-11-2011, 02:16   #11
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
According to Riazor.org, Oltra said Ze Castro was the one requesting the substitution... Then why the hell was he angry and disappointed he had to come off?

Anyway, if he requested his sub, I have to take back what I said about Oltra. In this case, it's indeed ridiculous Ze Castro leaves the pitch entirely, without going to MP and the rest of the team first, especially since he's already not popular in A Coruña. Still, there must've been a reason for him to react like that. Bizarre.

This is what they call a 'saga' and it will run for weeks. Until one party says something they shouldn't.........
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2011, 04:26   #12
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

the goals...i'm sure tom we'll have quality Highlights..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Owle8PFP_uA
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2011, 06:05   #13
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

i dont believe he was hurt and requested a sub at all. his body language even by the goalbar laure was trying to calm him down.

but i guess oltra is right to yell at him IF indeed it only was because he left the pitch behind the goal. but i really dont believe he was hurt and asked for the sub
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2011, 08:06   #14
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal

I missed the second half since I had to take IELTS test

Maybe he was heading to the showers or bathroom !!
Old 26-11-2011, 09:37   #15
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

we heаr these dayss, i am sure that Ze Castro will give interviеw.