Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 15:25   #46
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

A broken team. The players' words, not mine. But I agree.
Gutless, soulless, shameful - more words used by players.

It's hard to blame one single aspect. But for sure, the coach should have a team prepared to fight for the full 90 minutes. We have not had one decent spell lasting more than 20 minutes in the entire season so far. The players are getting paid, so what's wrong? Why are they not motivated? Maybe he's not communicating his ideas well enough to the group?

Mysteriously, he said some weeks ago that he needed to change some players in the team because of what he was observing in the trainings. So what happened? He brought in Alex and benched JD. Alex is so far out of his depth at this level, it's frightening. He might be slow, but JD has much better passing skills than Alex in a zone where we urgently need to improve. Toche was also benched for Postiga. Neither of these guys are up to it IMO, but we've only the option of Cavaleiro and I'm not enthused by that prospect either.

I've said it before, we need to play narrow, with pace in all sectors. Drop Lopo. Drop Alex. Drop Postiga.

I don't care how bad a game Diakite had against RM - he deserves another chance to prove us all wrong.

Insua might come back into the team, but he needs to up it a couple of levels. Maybe pushing Sidnei into midfield might be worth exploring?

If Cavaleiro doesn't cut it as a No. 9, we're bunched.

Last edited by Rack : 09-10-2014 at 09:12.
Old 08-10-2014, 16:15   #47
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

When Insua, JuanDo, Salomao, Lucas & Postiga return from injury, we will be in a better place.
Any newly promoted team with 5 key players out would struggle.
I am always saying that Juan Carlos & Wilk should be getting some minutes instead of Farina & Alex, but VF does not seem to agree.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:17   #48
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

How do we know Salomao, Lucas and Postiga will be key players? Salomao has his ups and downs, I think Lucas can be the key, but nobody has seen him perform in Depor - just some glipses of his promising past. Postiga was a good goalscorer, but that changed in the recent years. Insua and JD are being questioned regarding their Primera quality, so really are those 5 key players that will turn our game upside down? We have Cuenca, Farina, Medunjanin, Luisinho on the pitch that can also be regarded as key, but it is not working atm.

I think that we have a decent squad, without particular key players, that can be competetive against maybe 10 Primera teams. But, here is the key, it needs to be awere of its weaknesses, that is that we don't have individuals that can resolve the game, we need to rely on the team. We need to play defensivly, put the lines together, fight hard and use our resources well. We have (when healthy) quite a nice bunch of quick and relativly skilfull wingers/ offensive players - Cuenca, Cavaleiro, Lucas, Salomao and also Farina and Juanfran, what we can do is transform quickly and have a deadly counter. The likes of Postiga and Toche are not fitting in this system, but they can be used as anchor man - to get the ball in the duel and lay it off quickly to the wings. We also can improve in set pieces to score goals there.

Trying to have high possetion and prerssure high with 6-7 players is not an option with this team against majority of our opposition. Above all, fight and hunger along with tactical discipline can, in my opinion, be the only solution.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:17   #49
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iztok
...Trying to have high possetion and prerssure high with 6-7 players is not an option with this team against majority of our opposition. Above all, fight and hunger along with tactical discipline can, in my opinion, be the only solution.

And that asks the questions....
"is VF capable of changing his mindset to incorporate these ideas?" and
"does this set of players have the emotional attachment to the city, fans, club and to each other to turn the ship around?"
Old 09-10-2014, 10:44   #50
Ricardo
Peña Member

I agree that we need to adapt to a more defensive structure, especially when playing the bigger teams.
We should have played a double pivot of Alex & Wilk in some of those games for damage limitation.
When VF has all the players at his disposal, I would like to see something like this:

...................................Lux............ .........................
Laure......................Insua..Sidnei.......... ......Luisinho....
.............................JuanDo..Wilk......... ......................
Lucas........................Medunjanin........... .....Salomao...
..................................Postiga......... ........................

It would be nice if we could bring in a different type of striker in January.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:04   #51
Ricardo
Peña Member

Next 3 games: Valencia, Espanyol and Getafe, its not gonna be easy, but we need to show some character and fight.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:31   #52
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

It seems the next three matches will the definit matches that sums up the ideas and tactics of the coach and wether he stays or leaves !
Old 21-10-2014, 16:33   #53
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Everything we thought we knew before 17.00 CET on Sunday has been turned upside down.
Now that we know we have "game", the trick is to replicate it every time we go on the pitch.
Old 22-10-2014, 10:44   #54
Ricardo
Peña Member

We have shown what we a capable of, now its about keeping the bar high and mantaining the standards.
Old 22-10-2014, 14:50   #55
walex
Peña Member

walex is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to walex Send a message via Yahoo to walex

If God can do t possiple too grap the point in Espanyol I'll be more than happy cos getafe will bringe the full confidence we need let try will are going to end up in a better position
Old 09-11-2014, 20:34   #56
MolinaFan
Seasoned Member
Peña Member

MolinaFan is an unknown quantity at this point

The results can be different, but if the team lacks spirit, then its difficult to think about anything positive. It is really irritating to see the soulles 11 players playing for nothing when Celta is fighting for the European cup spots
The spirit of real Depor can be brought into the changing room by someone who has already experienced this. Thus, I wish one of the former SuperDepor era legends to become our next coach.
Old 10-11-2014, 20:31   #57
depooor
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolinaFan
The results can be different, but if the team lacks spirit, then its difficult to think about anything positive. It is really irritating to see the soulles 11 players playing for nothing when Celta is fighting for the European cup spots
The spirit of real Depor can be brought into the changing room by someone who has already experienced this. Thus, I wish one of the former SuperDepor era legends to become our next coach.

you have one but its not working

don't forget Manuel pablo was among the super Depor

and you shouldn't compare a healthy Celta with players in full contract with the Loan Team Depor !

having more than 5 players as loan won't help a lot
Old 10-11-2014, 23:56   #58
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

We disagree with this loan policy but we do not have any other possibility right now so we need to pray for good players. If we survive this year will be different as we can offer long-term contracts to some of our players. If we manage to survive 2 years in Primera we will have absolutely different policy in my opinion. We can secure long contracts and buy more valuable players than now, but this year is kind of decisive for us.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:40   #59
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

It is true what you say Toni, we simply didn't have other options. Cavaleiro and Sidnei are also loanies but are showing the hunger and fight needed. The player should always have in mind that their performnce will determine their destiny. If they play well, they will get big contracts, that they are usualy after.

All in all I like our transformation, we are becoming a more stable and well positioned team, our only chance to survive. And that's all that can be done in this situation, survive.
Old 06-01-2015, 01:31   #60
depooor
Peña Member

I assume we need to react quickly inbthe winter market

Two of our most waited players are injuried

Lucas and now Farina will be absent for two weeks it is so difstating. These two are made if glass