Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > World Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

World Football For other football that's not related to Depor. For example: the Primera División, Segunda División A, Segunda División B, the Champions League, EURO 2008, the World Cup 2010, Italy, England, Germany, Turkey etc.

Old 28-06-2006, 15:19   #1
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

Leon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pessotto

In the World Football topic there was already a small report about ex-Juve player, and now Juve manager, Pessotto who apparently has made a suicide attempt by jumping out of a window. He survided though.

I only saw a small local header here in the media about 'Pessotto falls out of window'. I didn't pay attention because I thought he was included in the Italian squad or something and it was just one of those World Cup newsflashes like 'Romero bitten by snake...'

I was quite shocked to hear that he now works at the Juve office and all indicates to involvement in the Italian bribery/match-fixing scandal.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2006, 15:20   #2
Donato
Veteran
Peña Member

Donato is an unknown quantity at this point

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ly/5124260.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...pe/5121324.stm

Doctors reveal Pessotto drama

Wednesday 28 June, 2006

Doctors treating Gianluca Pessotto in a Turin hospital have confirmed that he risked death during the night.

The Juventus team manager, who was rushed to hospital on Tuesday after falling from a window at the club’s headquarters, underwent another operation last night which almost cost him his life.

“Gianluca Pessotto risked dying last night, he was operated on at the limit,” stated professor Antonio Solini.

Police in Turin are investigating the possibility that Pessotto attempted suicide and his wife Reana has today confirmed that her husband has been struggling with depression.

Speaking with the La Repubblica newspaper, she denied claims that her husband was dealing with a serious illness connected with doping.

“There is no truth in that, absolutely none,” she is quoted as saying on repubblica.it. “I want you to tell everybody that. Gianluca was simply stressed, depressed.

“It is also false that there were any problems between us. We had a discussion because we had just organised three days away at Laigueglia with the kids, but he had to work.

“I wanted Gianluca to take a break and I thought it would do him some good. We had already organised everything.

“He hadn’t had a holiday for a year and a half. He was struggling to sleep and wasn’t convinced he had made the right decision in retiring from the game.”

Reana also revealed that her husband was perhaps doubting that he could live up to what was expected after he was recently appointed as the club’s new team manager.

“He feared that he wasn’t up to it,” she added. “But he accepted, although having offers to play on, because of the love he has for Juventus and he thought he had to.”

When asked why yesterday’s traumatic events occurred, she replied: “It was a combination of things: tiredness, melancholy, sadness for what is happening to the club. Gianluca did the worse thing possible.”

Meanwhile, Luciano Moggi, the man at the centre of the Calciopoli debate which could have serious consequences for Juve, has visited Pessotto in hospital.

“I’m here to pray for Gianluca,” he said. “Has this got to do with the scandal? I don’t know.”

Doctors have added that Pessotto’s condition remains serious but stable.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/footba...ia/jun27k.html

http://www.channel4.com/sport/footba...ia/jun27h.html

Last edited by Donato : 28-06-2006 at 15:24.
Donato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2006, 16:21   #3
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

Thanks Hippy!
So now it seems more going in the direction of a depression, possibly related to his retirement from football. The scandal could have added troubles because Pessotto is the CURRENT Juve manager, although I don't see how he could have been involved as a player or during his short period as manager.
Old 28-06-2006, 17:34   #4
dejan84
Banned

Peña MemberBanned

dejan84 is an unknown quantity at this point

maybe someone pushed him out the window, juve mafia, you can never know
dejan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2006, 23:40   #5
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

This is a tragic story! The good thing is that he is alive and let's hope he will recover soon. I think it's useless (and in a way, immoral) to make hypothesis about the reasons that made him commit a suicide. When he recover he will speak about that.
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2006, 23:58   #6
El Jefe
Banned
Banned

El Jefe is on a distinguished road

Just knowing about what was going on is bad enough, maybe guilt got the better of him or maybe he was pushed!
El Jefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2006, 10:30   #7
dejan84
Banned

Peña MemberBanned

dejan84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jefe
Just knowing about what was going on is bad enough, maybe guilt got the better of him or maybe he was pushed!

exactly maybe he was feeling guilt, or maybe he wanted to talk and moggi's man did their job.

dont think we will ever know
dejan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2006, 12:01   #8
AP
Veteran

Peña Member

AP is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to AP Send a message via Skype™ to AP

Sad to hear such tragic news about such respected player...

I pray for him...
Old 29-06-2006, 13:47   #9
Ekholm
Veteran

Peña Member

Ekholm is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ekholm

Things aren't like they're supposed to be in Torino, that's for sure. It's interesting that his suicide attempt seems to have more to do with a personal depression than with Juventus current situation. I don't know whether to be relieved or not. For Pessotto it's sad of course and I hope he'll survive and manage to get back healthier than ever again.
Ekholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2006, 15:57   #10
Donato
Veteran
Peña Member

Donato is an unknown quantity at this point

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...pe/5129166.stm

Doctors call for Pessotto caution
Thursday 29 June, 2006
Doctors treating Juventus team manager Gianluca Pessotto have admitted that they are unsure whether he will live following his horror fall.

There was widespread optimism throughout large sections of the media that the former player would recover from his serious injuries, but medics at the Molinette hospital are reaming cautious.

“We can’t say that he will get through this,” doctor Pierpaolo Donadio told reporters on Thursday morning. “Even if there hasn’t been any worsening in his condition since yesterday.

“Saying that he’s not in danger at this time is absurd because there could be a thousand complications.

“We can’t really make any prognosis for some time to come. We have to wait for at least 72 hours before we can start to evaluate some important factors.

“The fact that he is young and was an athlete certainly helps him, but the seriousness of the fall remains. Pessotto fell at a speed of 60km an hour.”

The 35-year-old suffered serious injuries when he fell from a window at Juventus’ club headquarters on Tuesday morning.

The recently appointed new team manager plunged from a height of around 15 metres on to two parked cars, sustaining multiple fractures amongst other injuries.

The 22-time capped Italian international was found with a rosary in his hands and police are investigating the possibility of a suicide attempt.

Alessandro Del Piero, Gianluca Zambrotta and Ciro Ferrara all flew in for a quick visit on Tuesday night from Italy’s World Cup training base.

Former colleague Antonio Chimenti, who joined Cagliari in January, arrived at the hospital to offer his support this morning.
Old 29-06-2006, 16:04   #11
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

It's not my intention to make hypothesis about his attempt, I'm just astonished why he did it and I'm looking for answers... The guy has all my sympathy. I know him as a devoted side defender and it seems it's a nice guy too. I hope you get well soon, Gianluca.
Old 29-06-2006, 18:26   #12
A.Houston
Site Team
Peña Member

A.Houston is an unknown quantity at this point

Terrible news...The creepiest part was that he was clutching a rosary when he jumped/was pushed. Anyway, I won't speculate but I hope he recovers.

"I can't believe the ref didn't see it," said Valera, blood pouring down his face. "Did he think I did it myself? I'm not capable of head-butting myself in the face, you know."

Last edited by A.Houston : 29-06-2006 at 19:04.
A.Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2006, 23:22   #13
Fabian
Peña Member

Fabian is an unknown quantity at this point

I really can't see that the reason of the jump (if it really was a jump) is due to any involvement in the scandal. He got the position because he was considered an impeccable and downright flawless character. If he really had a skeleton wearing black and white in his closet, i very much doubt that he'd taken the job in the first place.
Old 30-06-2006, 21:58   #14
AP
Veteran

Peña Member

AP is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to AP Send a message via Skype™ to AP

Pessottino siamo con te

A flag with these words was raised by Italian players today after 3-0 win over Ukraine.

Anyone knows Italian? Does it mean smth. like "Get well Pessottino" or "We love you Pessottino"?
Old 30-06-2006, 22:07   #15
aldo
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

aldo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to aldo Send a message via MSN to aldo

Sounds more like "Pessottino we are with you"
aldo is offline   Reply With Quote