Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Players > Former players & coaches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Former players & coaches Forum for past players & coaches of Deportivo

Old 12-08-2016, 02:42   #211
vink
Peña Member

vink is an unknown quantity at this point

Leicester City put in a bid for Gabriel Barbosa, so maybe Lucas stays, or at the very least, is going somewhere else.
https://www.theguardian.com/football...-brazil-santos
vink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2016, 12:13   #212
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Everton are ready to pay the release clause
But I doubt he will like to play there. One week before closing the market
Old 24-08-2016, 12:42   #213
Hori
Almost Regular

Hori is on a distinguished road

Somehow we need to keep him. He is simply another category. Now it really looks like it's up to Lucas. I think he would only accept a transfer to Barcelona, but fingers crossed.
Hori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2016, 13:49   #214
LondonDeporHincha

LondonDeporHincha is off the scale

Ive had a connected Arsenal fan contact me saying they are trying to buy him. He said for 40 million but I don't believe that.
LondonDeporHincha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2016, 13:50   #215
LondonDeporHincha

LondonDeporHincha is off the scale

he wouldn't get first team football in BCN. He would at everton and arsenal
LondonDeporHincha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2016, 14:52   #216
niklaso

niklaso is off the scale
Send a message via MSN to niklaso

Please stay Lucas
Old 24-08-2016, 16:44   #217
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

Arsenal is in a state of panic this transfer window.. I would not be surprised if they are offering a little higher than his buyout clause.. Also, it will be very hard for Lucas to reject a club like Arsenal.. But Lucas, please stay..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2016, 17:56   #218
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonDeporHincha
Ive had a connected Arsenal fan contact me saying they are trying to buy him. He said for 40 million but I don't believe that.
No idea about that Arsenal offer, but the clause is only 20M. Maybe they want to pay 40M for a Galician Lucas, but Lucas Vázquez from Real Madrid and not our Lucas Pérez, I hope.
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2016, 20:23   #219
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

Guys you are stressing me!!!! I thought he will play with us this season
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2016, 20:41   #220
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

If he goes for 20m, i will have the feeling being screwed again. Other big teams first upper the buyout clause and then let him go; we only always just let them go.
Filip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2016, 00:47   #221
The DK Blanquiazul
Peña Member

The DK Blanquiazul is on a distinguished road

I think this is it and I'm pretty okay with it. Be it Everton, Arsenal, WBA or whoever.

Obviously ambitious players will make sure that their clause is payable, and it's just a natural consequence of being a smaller club that remains in financial difficulties. There are rumours of Alcácer going for 30m, and I think Lucas would be at least the same if he played for a Valencia or a Sevilla.

Hence, I don't think 20m is a great deal, particularly not when PAOK receive 30% of it and we're in late August rather than early July, but I don't think it's a bad deal, either.

We're increasingly seeing absurd fees being splashed out for players, but it's still more of a segmented market where players in the absolute top tiers and English players are in a league of their own. Sevilla got Ben Yedder for 9m euros, Swansea took Llorente for 5m - heck, Nolito at 18m was less than Lucas. This is a good panic buy for whomever gets Lucas, but in comparison with other buys, it's not some sort of incredible bargain.

Lucas is obviously one of the standout players of this team, a character full of spirit who is obviously a lift to the club. But I'm not sure we can come close to competing for a European spot with Lucas, nor do I think we'll be in big relegation trouble without him. If (an 'if' with capital letters and growth hormone) we can spend some of this money somewhat wisely - please no more Riera, Postiga or Sand - this could be better long-term. Certainly, Andone gives me hope that we're moving in the right direction when it comes to scouting strikers on the market.

Furthermore, we owe Lucas a lot for everything he's done, and with clubs paying the release clause, I only think it's fair that he gets a big payday. I hope he chooses Arsenal and impresses for a huge club. And if not, we'll hopefully be ready to take him back in a couple of years.

The DK Blanquiazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2016, 01:18   #222
american123
Seasoned Member

american123 is off the scale

Have to agree that it is a sad day for Depor but also a step in the right direction. For a player who came from nowhere, he gave us his heart and soul for the time here and most importantly he is leaving us with about 10M to spend in other areas of the team, a big change for the years of Lendoiro when players always left with no compensation for the club. Andone I think can turn into a very good Primera striker over time and think a year or 2 from now we may be talking about him leaving for a big fee. It won't be easy to replace Lucas at all, especially in just a few weeks, but hope that we can stay in the permanence and bring in another Forward after some scouting in the winter window.
american123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2016, 03:48   #223
Thai Depor
Seasoned Member

Thai Depor is on a distinguished road

whoever takes him away from us, I will wish him all the bad luck for the eternity will happen to their team despite the fact that I wish Lucas to be successful ... curse you assenal !!
Thai Depor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2016, 08:24   #224
Diligent
Veteran

Peña Member

Diligent is an unknown quantity at this point

If he leaves it's more likely to Everton. When the rumours started months ago to Leicester City, that was down to Steve Walsh their Director of Football. One of Ronald Koeman's first job at Goodison Park was to poach this guy.
Diligent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2016, 08:26   #225
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thai Depor
whoever takes him away from us, I will wish him all the bad luck for the eternity will happen to their team despite the fact that I wish Lucas to be successful ... curse you assenal !!
brilliant. really, that is the attitude.