Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Closed Thread

Old 17-06-2019, 02:36   #1
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation
Default LIGA | June-20-2019 | playoff | 21h00 | Depor - Mallorca | 1st-leg, pre-game

Here we are.
Last home game on the season.
Old 17-06-2019, 06:53   #2
Vatex

Vatex is on a distinguished road

I have big hope we will pass Mallorca and I think we are favourites in final.
Old 17-06-2019, 07:44   #3
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

their field is difficult, we must go for high score in Riazor.
I hope we play with Cartabia Valle Carols and Quique from the start.
Old 17-06-2019, 16:53   #4
*deportivo*
Almost Regular

*deportivo* is on a distinguished road

=========Dani==========

Simon===Mari======Duarte=======Saul

FEDE=======Alex======Edu====PEDRO SANCHEZ

=========Quiqe or Valle======C-FERNANDEZ===

this is my best line-up for home game
Old 17-06-2019, 21:20   #5
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

I just hope our players are still on the ground after the first play off.
This game will be even more difficult than the game with Malaga.
Old 18-06-2019, 07:49   #6
Vatex

I dont think this game is harder than Malaga game. Coz malaga was most in form team recently. and they ended 3th. As a team mallorca is weaker than malaga so i am more calmed for this game.
Old 18-06-2019, 08:10   #7
Shelvin
Peña Member

Shelvin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatex
I dont think this game is harder than Malaga game. Coz malaga was most in form team recently. and they ended 3th. As a team mallorca is weaker than malaga so i am more calmed for this game.
In the final, there is no telling which team is stronger. Anything can happen. I remember in one of our previous seasons in Primera, there would be teams which would be on long losing streaks and then they would play us and break that streak. It is even more dangerous going in as favourites.
Old 18-06-2019, 08:32   #8
Vatex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelvin
In the final, there is no telling which team is stronger. Anything can happen. I remember in one of our previous seasons in Primera, there would be teams which would be on long losing streaks and then they would play us and break that streak. It is even more dangerous going in as favourites.
Of course. I understand this
Old 18-06-2019, 09:47   #9
Marci 14
Seasoned Member

Marci 14 is on a distinguished road

Yes Shelvin is right, the final will be decided by small details. The mental state of the squad could be crucial, like how can they handle the pressure.
Old 18-06-2019, 10:57   #10
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

Why is it that we are playing so much better now? Is it the new coach? The new Pres? Or the fact that we're now playing for concrete rewards?
Old 18-06-2019, 12:23   #11
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filip
Why is it that we are playing so much better now? Is it the new coach? The new Pres? Or the fact that we're now playing for concrete rewards?

I think it's a mental thing...When Cadiz lost at home to Extremadura, it was like a change in fortune, like this is the momentum we need to grab.

The team looks more confident after this

Even during the season we performed well vs strong rivals. It was those "easy games" and mainly at Riazor that everyone expected an easy win, that the team was failing.
Old 18-06-2019, 14:59   #12
Hori
Almost Regular

Hori is on a distinguished road

Yup so far it was like pressure to reach the first two places and it was combined with unlucky things.
Now it is more like hope with luck on our side. This is our momentum. It all started with that penalty against Mallorca in the 94th minute.
Old 19-06-2019, 09:17   #13
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filip
I believe that we started the season very good and we even played many games better than what we are doing now, the reason of all the suffering was the "April curse" where we played 4 games in Riazor and everybody was demanding 4 wins!! after that month things collapsed.
I still believe that we have the best players in sequnda and we only ended 6th due to the pressure which our players couldn't take, I blame the players but also the fans.
Hope we can close this ugly chapter and ascend then we have aloooooooot to talk about.
Old 19-06-2019, 10:48   #14
MrButton

MrButton is on a distinguished road

This tie isn't going to be a walkover. I'm more nervous about this game, than the malaga one.

Deportivo is in a great run, has boosted confidence, and some individuals has leveled up in this past month, especially Pedro Sanchez while Cartabia, Alex and Carlos Fdez has been energetic.
But Mallorca too is in great form. I thought they were the better side in the 1-0 victory at Riazor. I believe Mallorca's biggest strenght is their experienced midfield. Salva Sevilla can both score, make assists, and initiate a pass-to-assist while Marc Pedraza is very good at recovering the ball, and break the attacking play. Also Mallorca's offensive front isn't bad at all with Lago Junior on the outside, and Prats making noise in the box.

Mallorca hasn't allowed a goal from fluent play since 11th of may. The three goals conceded since the game against Gimnastic(11th of may) has been on penalty(Depor), Set piece(Granada) and a free kick(Albacete).
It's not going to be an easy task. We all know that very game gets more even when there's a high price at stake, so I expect a really competitive and close two games, possibly without a winner in both of them.

If we lose this tie and remain in Segunda for another season I'm quite fearful for what's going to happen with the team. Cartabia will probably move on, I could see Quique go to La Liga, maybe even Exposito and the - already - small chances of getting Carlos Fdez for another year decreases.
Old 19-06-2019, 20:41   #15
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

I don´t think we have leveled up that much, we just did what was expected. First half against Malaga was a poor one where Malaga could have scored more than two goals and when it was 2-2 they even hit the post. We had a good second half where for first time after months we clearly outplayed a rival. Then on the second playoff we just played smart defensively with confortable 2 goals lead.
Yes indeed the team grew in the past two games, but for me we are still very far for what I call a team well prepared for Primera.
Mainly we have improved thanks to in-form Pedro Sanchez, Cartabia and C.Fernandez.

And again the game versus Mallorca will be so much more difficult.